Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

So are you saying his is under or over rated ?

He certainly was not someone that could rise and jam it. He got simple dunks.

Tons of talent around him.

Neither underrated or overrated in my book. I'd put him top 20 or so.

Hmmm... I tend to agree with you there.

I feel like it was because only people that really study the game even know who he was.

Averaged nearly a triple double for his CAREER. That's crazy.

Here's a more fun topic: 

Does Andrew Bogut start looking like a competent player before the end of this series?

I honestly don't know.  He is in such a funk right now that you can't even play him.  The rim protection he's providing is up and down and it's come at a huge expense of rebounding because he is soft as hell on the boards even when he manages to be in position.  And he has zero offensive value whatsoever right now.  Sometimes we say that about players who are struggling in one aspect like shooting or turning it over, but literally all Bogut is good for right now is setting picks.  A barrel could perform the same function.

But Golden State has to play him because he's their only true big body.  He's an important part of what got them to 67 wins and a Finals appearance.  But he's been exposed.  He is so limited.  Upgrading him has to be Golden State's first order of business.  **** I would take Hibbert over Bogut in a heart beat now.  Same rim protection, same ****ty rebounding, but at least Hibbert isn't afraid of the ball on offense.

It's funny because back in Milwaukee, Bogut was a solid offensive player.  I don't understand what's happened to him.

If Golden State can't play Bogut, at what point does David Lee come into the picture?  Mareese Speights and Festus Ezeli are truly better options?  The Cavs have been willing to play Tristan Thompson at C.  And he's not exactly a tough cover.  Even if David Lee brought nothing else, he wouldn't be getting eaten alive on the glass by Thompson.

Bird certainly did not have the jumping ability that many of his counterparts did back then.

I think it was a lame reason also...but he could dunk.

Bird was nearly 6'10. He would dunk on breaks without much effort, but he wasn't going to leap over people like Blake Griffin.

I'm not sure McHale needed to leave the floor to dunk. I'm pretty certain he could touch the rim on his tiptoes.

(I forgot about that little baseline drive/reverse dunk move he had. One thing about Bird was that he was always concerned about shot blockers because he wasn't going to jump over anyone..... and no one ever used the rim better for protection.

At the same time, you have to pretty damn athletic to include that move in your arsenal).

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

Hi guys. Quick 2 cents on the situation. Before I make my point, I have to say this. Even with Kyrie, I don't believe the cavs could beat the Warriors in this final.

That said, Kyrie's injury is the best thing that could've happened to Lebron.

1. If three cavs lose, everyone can say "well look at the injuries, he was without both Irving and Love. A healthy Cavs team next year will be back."

2. If the cavs win, "holy cow! Without his teo supporting stars, he still won it! GOAT! Unbelievable!"

Either way this series goes, Lebron is covered. He either has an excuse already setup as to why he lost, or he has an argument as a top 3 GOAT if he wins with his weak supporting cast.

Like I said, I think the Warriors would win this series regardless, but Kyrie being out makes it easy if Bron loses, or epic if he wins.

Why does anyone care about what he's saying.

And Larry Bird "Top 20 or so". I don't care if this inevitably turns into Kosher Ham and LKB going off on me for commenting on guys I never saw play live, that is some major disrespect for a guy who averaged 24/10/6 a night without being able to run or jump. There are not 20 players in the history of this league who a sober person takes over Bird, health woes be damned.

Hi guys. Quick 2 cents on the situation. Before I make my point, I have to say this. Even with Kyrie, I don't believe the cavs could beat the Warriors in this final.

That said, Kyrie's injury is the best thing that could've happened to Lebron.

1. If three cavs lose, everyone can say "well look at the injuries, he was without both Irving and Love. A healthy Cavs team next year will be back."

2. If the cavs win, "holy cow! Without his teo supporting stars, he still won it! GOAT! Unbelievable!"

Either way this series goes, Lebron is covered. He either has an excuse already setup as to why he lost, or he has an argument as a top 3 GOAT if he wins with his weak supporting cast.

Like I said, I think the Warriors would win this series regardless, but Kyrie being out makes it easy if Bron loses, or epic if he wins.

You better watch out -- dissing Bron isn't taken kindly in this thread.

Good question...I'm guessing due to the league noting being as evolved? 

Because he had a somewhat short career that was spent playing for mostly irrelevant teams.  He didn't make the impact on the league that the other All Time greats did, and doesn't have their championship resumes.  He was undoubtedly one of the greatest players of his era.  And he probably shares the title of greatest guard in league history with Jerry West prior to I guess Magic.  If you count him a guard.

haha. I don't care if it was the same one shown 10 times. You stated #1 never dunked.

Still got love for ya.

Take that 5 mile ride to get a new "mouse". I guess that is what ladies call it these days.

ok, it's just... ok, 8 times to come to terms that I was wrong.

I'm always wrong. You have no idea how wrong I am all the time.

LeBron had a triple double and Bayless still gave him a c plus I honestly don't understand

It's not that hard to understand: Skip Bayless is a troll.  Throwing shade on LeBron has been an art for him for years.  It creates a Devil's Advocate Hot Take that the people on his show can argue against and drums up attention and interest in his program.

It makes me sad because Skip used to be a fantastic sports journalist that had an impressive career in Dallas.  He is not the Rush Limbaugh/Glen Beck of ESPN that Colin Cowherd is.  But what he's going to be remembered for is being the clown on First Take.

In a shocking twist, we find out that Del Curry is not the father.....it's John Starks.

By the way, I know that on the internet the thing that just happened is the thing that is always going to happen forever and ever....but I still think GS wins the next three.

Remember when we were talking about how they just couldn't handle Memphis.

• Like 1