Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Lebron doesn't get near the star treatment he should relative to others. U would've hated mj

Is this the first time you've watched him?

Also Cleveland got their fair share of bad calls tonight. LeBron got away with a travel, Mozgov got away with two, drew two loose ball fouls on flops, and LeBron fouled two players on the play that got called Klay Thompson's fourth foul. Cleveland is getting so many offensive boards in large part because the refs have not been consistent in the way they are calling off ball contact around the basket. Bogut got tagged for a routine box out that never gets called during the regular season, much less the playoffs.

• Like 1

Lol maybe but if they're calling it right he'd shoot 75 free throws before fouling out

Again, these two games are anomalies, he gets all the B.O.T.D. Let's get real.

Anyway, what a performance tonight from him. Crappy shooting but all-around, a gem. And you have to give that entire team HUGE credit. Everyone stepped up. Mozgov for a while looked like Kevin McHale near the basket and Delladova gave Curry all he wanted tonight. Team effort led by one of the top players ever.

So the Cavs went on the road and took two games to OT and won one. Warriors have let the under dog find some confidence and all those role players in Cleveland now fully believe they can win this. Golden State has their work cut out for them.

Is this the first time you've watched him Bogut got tagged for a routine box out that never gets called during the regular season, much less the playoffs.

Note not the first.

Lmao at your breakdown of boguts box out. The bear hug. Facing away from the basket. That was exactly the right call

you make me laugh.  For a guy that likes to talk about NBA past and reference hockey like a mug, you obviously see what you want to see.  Jordan used his forearm more than anyone I've ever seen.  But because its lebron, he should foul out in the 1st qtr.  Get out of here

Please show me where I typed Michael Jordan's name. I'll wait. I never brought him up once. Apparently you read what you want to read.

LeBron got HOSED in OT, Iguodala clearly fouled him. And Green got away with a foul also. But are we going to say because of these two poorly called OT periods, he all of a sudden doesn't get star treatment as a whole? That was my point, which I made without referencing MJ once.

Curry?

Yeah, I hate cheapie fouls like that. Defender has the right to jump straight up. Wade made a career off drawing fouls like that.

And some of you guys have an unhealthy dislike for LeBron

He last played the Wiz in a meaningful game like 8 years ago. It's time to let it go

It's actually a pretty healthy dislike. Just don't care for the guy and never will.

But are we going to say because of these two poorly called OT periods, he all of a sudden doesn't get star treatment as a whole?

He does. All stars do. But it's completely exaggerated on this board for reasons brave pointed out.

Get over it wiz fans.

And fouls not being called are much easier to take advantage of against inferior sized opponents.

Doesn't mean the game should be called differently. Edited by Major Harris

Please show me where I typed Michael Jordan's name. I'll wait. I never brought him up once. Apparently you read what you want to read.

LeBron got HOSED in OT, Iguodala clearly fouled him. And Green got away with a foul also. But are we going to say because of these two poorly called OT periods, he all of a sudden doesn't get star treatment as a whole? That was my point, which I made without referencing MJ once.

Yeah, I hate cheapie fouls like that. Defender has the right to jump straight up. Wade made a career off drawing fouls like that.

Where did I say you mentioned Jordan?? You like to reference history all the time in your posts. I assume if you do, you must watch those games and you would see Jordan and all star players push off with their forearms. He just happens to be way bigger than most people he goes up against. So he should be punished for that? Let's not talk about Shaq.

He does. All stars do. But it's completely exaggerated on this board for reasons brave pointed out.

Get over it wiz fans.

Doesn't mean the game should be called differently.

Stop acting like it's only Wizards fans that dislike Lebron.

• Like 1

Get over it wiz fans.

Doesn't mean the game should be called differently.

I don't think anyone really cares about anything having to do with the Arenas/Eddie Jordan era at this point. All I said was LeBron gets star treatment. And I said Wade has gotten more in the past. So not exaggerating at all.

Never said that.

But on this board, we naturally have alot of wizards fans. And many completely exaggerate on this topic.

I'm a wizards fan who dislikes Lebron James. Now mind you, I dislike him not in a pure hatred type of way, just a "enjoy watching him lose" way. I don't want anything bad to happen to the guy I just don't like him.

Where did I say you mentioned Jordan?? You like to reference history all the time in your posts. I assume if you do, you must watch those games and you would see Jordan and all star players push off with their forearms. He just happens to be way bigger than most people he goes up against. So he should be punished for that? Let's not talk about Shaq.

No, the league should just actually enforce its rules. And just because they failed to do so with MJ doesn't mean they can't come to reason now. Every league would be better off if they just called it by the book every single game, ever. Then we wouldn't spend hours going off about officiating. Once you start picking and choosing when to call fouls, it all goes downhill.

Man...

If Rose, Russ, CP3, etc had the game Steph had tonight...,

He was ice cold, but the real problem was the shot selection. He got stuck taking late clock heaves in the first half because his team was not executing on offense. But in the second half he didn't do any work for better shots. And he didn't do much to impact the game as a facilitator or defender.

And he does not box out at all.

But he does have to be very aggressive because Klay Thompson and occasionally Barnes are his only teammates that aren't afraid to shoot. This team has passed out of more good looks... Ball is hot potatoing around all game.

They are lucky that Cleveland can't shoot or else that game would have been a blowout. GS's execution on offense has been dreadful in both games. Their freakishly good shooting ability is covering a lot of sins.

I can't stress how bad Bogut has been. As bad as JR Smith has been, Bogut has been the worst player in the series by far. He's soft on the boards and has been killed on D by Mozgov and he's a huge negative on offense. A total self check. The Warriors literally play four on five for half their clock as he drags his ass up the court, and then he spends the rest of their possessions trying to stay out of the way and not ruin the spacing too much. Cleveland is doubling and tripling Curry well beyond the three point line with zero concern. Bogut is not the only one that's obviously scared to catch the ball, but he's been the worst about it.

Like I'm not even sure why anyone has anything negative to say about him after this game. Did you look at his stats? Guy came out and played his face off.

I'm just waiting for someone to come for Steph.

Nobody's saying anything negative about LeBron's game, just that to say he doesn't get calls is false. He's a star and it's the NBA, he does.

He balled out tonight. He's had a hell of a playoff run this year. If he pulls this off, I mean, to me that pretty much erases the embarrassment of the 2011 Finals and then you have to start talking about etching his name on Mt. Rushmore. But that's a long ways off. We got ourselves a series! At least for now. Lest this turn into the 2001 Finals all over again.