Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Too funny. You already unsubscribed Mr. S? Just replace it with this one:

https://twitter.com/WashWizards

It's time to jump on.

Sure, just give me my Nimbus 2000, obligatory pack of cutting razors/Prozac, and point me in the direction of the Great Hall, where I'll get my "I Heart Ernie Grunfeld" t-shirt...

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Jesus. If Allen and Miller end up in Cleveland and they've got Kyrie and Love too, you will not be able to defend that team.

That's shooting at every single position on the court with LeBron. He's going to go crazy. Maybe average double digit assists.

Plus Varejao is a true dirty work big man. They're in a good spot. Winning the lottery this year made it all possible IMO. Without that, I don't think they have the clear cut best offer for Love.

The only thing I could see holding them back is injuries. That's been an issue for every one of those players except LeBron.

****ing Cleveland.

3/4 #1 picks and Lebron comes back, like you pointed out.  My goodness....

However, with FULL confidence, I can say that the Wizards are their competition.  Cavs will have a bullseye on their backs. 

This has be OKC year now. They have to get Pau Gasol and win it this year before the pups grow fangs.

Ooh I hope they don't.

Think about this:

LeBron, Irving, and Love form a super team in Cleveland. Durant sees how LeBron is adored for going back home. Durant gets married, has kids, wants to raise them in his home area too.

Durant gets progressively more frustrated with the deterioration of the basketball situation in OKC. They're capped out and don't have assets and can't get a whole team built around him and Russ and Ibaka that can beat that Miami super team.

Meanwhile, Wall and Beal keep progressing together to the point where they look like the best young players at their positions in the NBA.

Durant says **** it, I'm signing with the Wizards in 2016 and I'll make my own super team in my hometown.

That would be epic.

3/4 #1 picks and Lebron comes back, like you pointed out.  My goodness....

However, with FULL confidence, I can say that the Wizards are their competition.  Cavs will have a bullseye on their backs.

Yes they will.

But now the Carmelo situation becomes even more fascinating doesn't it? If I'm Melo, this makes me sign in Chicago for sure.

And if Melo is in Chicago, and Rose FINALLY makes it back, the Bulls are the #1 team in the East.

Why do you always compare everything to mj

If you honestly cannot see the blatant sarcasm in that post, I don't know what to say.

Better question:  Why are you in this thread?  You spend all your time bashing the NBA, saying it's a waste of time to watch.

Edited by Sticksboi05
  • Like 2

It doesn't have jack squat to do with Lebron wanting to return home, or to make things right, etc.  If the Heat had a better situation to win another title, he would be staying there behind the story "I'm not leaving.  Miami is where I want to stay for the rest of my career".  Garbage.

It's his right to go wherever he wants.  But this Lebron is following his heart stuff is just ridiculous.  He's a hired gun.  

And the Cleveland fans are gonna slurp him again after what he put them through?  On national TV?  I wish they would have some respect for themselves and tell him to **** off.

Damn, just like that I'm defending the guy lol.  What do you expect him to say?  

In a Kenny Powers voice:

Yeah, it was great in Miami but my boy D-Wade needs a ****ing leg transplant, CB has lost a step and I'm not taking another ****ing pay-cut.  Cleveland fans and the owner were real assholes to me when I left, but you know what?  I'm getting paid ****!  The King is back in this cold ass, snow covered, **** hole y'all mother ****ers call home!  Why?  Because I still have a house in paradise son, where the hotties would bathe my future hall of fame balls with their tongues if I asked them to.  Bust out the shovels, snow ain't the only thing bout to get deep up in this ****!

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

The greatest irony of all: Cleveland holds Miami's first round pick in 2015, sent to Cleveland for LEBRON JAMES in 2010.

Maybe Lebron knew and figured that he win titles elsewhere and set up a return to his home city with a top pick in 2015

If I'm Minnesota, a Trade for Love wouldn't come cheap at this point.

Yeah, but you're also not getting many great offers.

And you know with 100% certainty he's opting out and leaving next summer if you don't trade him. And where is he going to want to sign next summer?

It's either make a trade with Cleveland today and probably get Wiggins and Bennett and some other stuff. Make a S&T for a lot less in return next summer. Or watch him walk to Cleveland for nothing as soon as he gets the chance.

If I'm Minny, I take a Wiggins + Bennett + stuff deal from Cleveland and get on with it.

Oh, I think Houston is going to match Dallas' offer for Parsons.  IF they sign Bosh, they'll be a real threat in the West.

Howard

Bosh

Parsons

Harden

Beverley

That's a nice starting 5. 

*Yea...if I'm the T'Wolves, I'm taking Wiggins, Bennett, and that #1 pick the Cavs hold from the HEat. 

Edited by RonArtest15

I agree with some others. There is no Love to Cleveland without Irving in return, plus those #1's next year. If the T-Wolves take less than that, they are stupid. Irving is already under contract for a while. You don't take their bum 1st overall from last year without their previous best player. 

Oh, I think Houston is going to match Dallas' offer for Parsons.  IF they sign Bosh, they'll be a real threat in the West.

Howard

Bosh

Parsons

Harden

Beverley

That's a nice starting 5. 

*Yea...if I'm the T'Wolves, I'm taking Wiggins, Bennett, and that #1 pick the Cavs hold from the HEat.

Yeah that is an excellent starting five. You have to wonder about the leadership though. All of those guys are beta types. It's begging for a Rondo or something to take charge.

Let's not forget about Rondo BTW.

LeBron, Melo, Love, Bosh are all dominos falling. Rondo is the next big domino IMO. To me it's clear his days in Boston are numbered. Rondo can swing a team's fortunes too if he goes to the right one.

Why would Cleveland want a big three? They are better off with Kyrie and Lebron being surrounded by a good roster. Certainly better off than they would be with a big three featuring two players that are good on the defensive side of the ball. Lebron isn't 26, they need a bench as well.

• Like 1

I agree with some others. There is no Love to Cleveland without Irving in return, plus those #1's next year. If the T-Wolves take less than that, they are stupid. Irving is already under contract for a while. You don't take their bum 1st overall from last year without their previous best player. 

What? 

Wiggins would get the deal done. 

f the T'Wolves think they can hold out for a player like Irving, they run the risk of getting nothing back in return for Love, who has openly questioned the team for many years and will 100% bolt at the end of the season. 

As a matter of fact, I think if they swap out Bennett for Wiggins, Minnesota would take it. 

SportsCenterVerified account @SportsCenter

Cavs have opened trade talks for Kevin Love by offering Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett & 1st-round pick to T-Wolves. » http://es.pn/1oqLKJI

Edited by RonArtest15

Yeah, but you're also not getting many great offers.

And you know with 100% certainty he's opting out and leaving next summer if you don't trade him. And where is he going to want to sign next summer?

It's either make a trade with Cleveland today and probably get Wiggins and Bennett and some other stuff. Make a S&T for a lot less in return next summer. Or watch him walk to Cleveland for nothing as soon as he gets the chance.

If I'm Minny, I take a Wiggins + Bennett + stuff deal from Cleveland and get on with it.

Why would Cleveland do that? They can keep Wiggins and clear cap space over the next year to get Love after next season. Lebron already set those expectations that it wouldn't happen right away in his letter. 

So they can be patient to build a better team.