Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I don't believe it....

Thanks for the memories, I guess. Clearly thought with his heart on this move. I don't understand it, but I'm not him. Feels like getting hit with a sledgehammer. But it's whatever

Enjoy the face turn.

Sinister, we can be friends again now during the NBA playoffs. lol

• Like 1

It was not a PR move, the PR is a bonus. A PR move implies he went there solely to make everyone like him, that's a bunch of bull.

Maybe if he just told some random reporter he was going back then yeah I can see it solely as a basketball decision. But the letter is a bit much. You think he wrote that letter? This is all Nike/LBJ enterprises(whatever he calls it) public relations working their magic and you guys are falling for it. The best basketball decision would be a team like the Rockets but he did not want to be viewed as an mercenary. In his head the only real choices was Cleveland and Miami.

Edited by burgundyrush
  • Like 1

This feels like trying to learn how to like DeSean Jackson.

As one of his biggest fans in Cleveland, I've hated Lebron in Miami more than the cowboys and Yankees combined. YES, for me it was that big of a deal.

But he's back where belong again. And like D.Jax, I immediately fell in love with bron again. BRONS LETTER WAS THE HUMILITY THAT I'VE BEEN YEARNING FOR.

Love the wiz, huge nuggets fan. Other than that, GO CAVS! WOOT!

**** you guys for judging me. ;)

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

Maybe if he just told some random reporter he was going back then yeah I can see it solely as a basketball decision. But the letter is a bit much. You think he wrote that letter? This is all Nike/LBJ enterprises(whatever he calls it) public relations working their magic and you guys are falling for it. The best basketball decision would be a team like the Rockets but he did not want to be viewed as an mercenary. In his head the only real choices was Cleveland and Miami.

I don't buy for a second he wrote that letter.

Time to move on to another team with a bunch of Talent in place.... Frankly, I feel like I'd respect him more if he Followed the money and ended up in some place like Milwaukee for example.

So seriously what happens to Wade now?

The idea sort of was that Miami had brokered a deal with him that he'd opt out and then they'd give him a longer term deal that would give him about the same amount of money.

But there is no way I'd give him a longer term deal now.

Wade is in the cold here, but Wade's good. He had a great career and LeBron helped get him two more rings. He's going to finish his career in Miami on bad teams and then ride off into the sunset as the GOAT Heat player and get a spot in the front office one day. That's not so bad.

I think he signs his last contract for a good dollar amount. Probably retires in a couple years.

I don't believe it....

Thanks for the memories, I guess. Clearly thought with his heart on this move. I don't understand it, but I'm not him. Feels like getting hit with a sledgehammer. But it's whatever

Enjoy the face turn.

He left you guys high and dry, but he did help you get two more rings. In the end, you can't be but so mad at him.

Plus you know the NBA is going to reward you in a draft lottery at some point in the near future :D.

Plus now you don't have to feel obligated to defend him any more when he pulls a **** move.

Wade is in the cold here, but Wade's good. He had a great career and LeBron helped get him two more rings. He's going to finish his career in Miami on bad teams and then ride off into the sunset as the GOAT Heat player and get a spot in the front office one day. That's not so bad.

I think he signs his last contract for a good dollar amount. Probably retires in a couple years.

Wade has those CS payments to think about LOL.  He was going to get a FO job with that franchise regardless.  He's the face of the frachise.  I just don't understand WHY he opted out of his contract.  He'll get another deal, but not for what he could have been making had he not opted out. 

Also, I think you're right....Cavs are going to go all in for Love.  Wiggins + Bennett better have their bags packed.  Ray Allen and Mike Miller will probably take vet-minimum deals w/ Cleveland. 

All this Cleveland self-congratulatory crap really starting to remind me of us DC sports fans just a couple years ago, when we were riding the high of Harper/Strasburg, Wall/Beal, RGIII and Ovie. I think they're probably gonna learn real quick like us that it's really hard and **** doesn't always go as fast as you want. Maybe it's different because he's a vet and already proven (but then so is Ovie) but still a majority of their pieces are youngsters who haven't proven ****, and that includes Irving.

It doesn't have jack squat to do with Lebron wanting to return home, or to make things right, etc.  If the Heat had a better situation to win another title, he would be staying there behind the story "I'm not leaving.  Miami is where I want to stay for the rest of my career".  Garbage.

It's his right to go wherever he wants.  But this Lebron is following his heart stuff is just ridiculous.  He's a hired gun.  

And the Cleveland fans are gonna slurp him again after what he put them through?  On national TV?  I wish they would have some respect for themselves and tell him to **** off.

Right, but he handled it the way it should have been handled.  It's pretty simple, teams either care and try to acquire as much star talent as the cap will allow and surround the super stars with depth  or they don't care and piddle fart around and lose super stars.  

He let the team who was putting players into place, building from the draft make him an offer and provided him with a better opportunity.  He didn't meet with any players (other than Wade/Bosh) this time, he let his agent do his job and made the best decision for him and his family.  He seems like he is finally starting to "get it".

I agree he handled the move the right way this time.

But Miami wasn't farting around with him. They were the class of the NBA for three straight years and got to the Finals again this past year. They just got old.

Miami would have loved to get more talent during those four years. But when was their chance to do it? They used up all their ammo on getting the big three and Ray Allen in the first place. After that they had no cap space and very few draft picks. What were they really supposed to do?

Miami accomplished their goal. Four finals trips and two rings is a good haul. It just fell apart on them.

And the only reason Cleveland was in a position to acquire all this talent was by being an incompetent mess and getting an utterly unprecedented run of luck in the draft lottery. It wasn't like they were painstakingly building a great foundation for a super team. They're lucking into it!

All this Cleveland self-congratulatory crap really starting to remind me of us DC sports fans just a couple years ago, when we were riding the high of Harper/Strasburg, Wall/Beal, RGIII and Ovie. I think they're probably gonna learn real quick like us that it's really hard and **** doesn't always go as fast as you want. Maybe it's different because he's a vet and already proven (but then so is Ovie) but still a majority of their pieces are youngsters who haven't proven ****, and that includes Irving.

I said that too. But he admits that in essay. They won't win next year. But they might make playoffs.

Wade has those CS payments to think about LOL.  He was going to get a FO job with that franchise regardless.  He's the face of the frachise.  I just don't understand WHY he opted out of his contract.  He'll get another deal, but not for what he could have been making had he not opted out. 

Also, I think you're right....Cavs are going to go all in for Love.  Wiggins + Bennett better have their bags packed.  Ray Allen and Mike Miller will probably take vet-minimum deals w/ Cleveland.

Jesus. If Allen and Miller end up in Cleveland and they've got Kyrie and Love too, you will not be able to defend that team.

That's shooting at every single position on the court with LeBron. He's going to go crazy. Maybe average double digit assists.

Plus Varejao is a true dirty work big man. They're in a good spot. Winning the lottery this year made it all possible IMO. Without that, I don't think they have the clear cut best offer for Love.

The only thing I could see holding them back is injuries. That's been an issue for every one of those players except LeBron.

****ing Cleveland.