Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I just read the article. I give him props. 

I loved how he compared going to Miami for four years was like going to college lol

I thought that was an interesting comparison. But he's probably right, he seemed carefree down there and seemed to be living the life, just like any kid in college would.

I just read the article. I give him props. 

I loved how he compared going to Miami for four years was like going to college lol

Yeah just read it.....it laid everything out and explained it all.  Nice write up. 

So Miami just went from a 60-win team to a sub-20 win team and the Cavs just went from a 20-win team to a 60-win team.

Irving

Thompson

Waiters

James

Bennett

Wiggins

That's a strong core of potential. Of course, I doubt that will stay in tact outside of Irving/James.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

I have gained a lot of respect for LeBron after reading that letter.  He could've taken the "easy" way out and tried to find a way to equal MJ's 6 rings as quickly as possible.  Instead he cares too much about his hometown and wants to see them win a championship.  It has been 50 years.

• Like 1

Complete PR move going to Cleveland. He basically says all the right things and clearly there is nothing in the letter you can use against him. Still trying to rebuild his image and work on his legacy.

Lol, he can't win no matter what.  I don't even like LeBron but seriously, he is going there because he wants to win the city a championship, not for ****ing PR, if he cared about PR he never would've left to begin with.

• Like 1

I have gained a lot of respect for LeBron after reading that letter.  He could've taken the "easy" way out and tried to find a way to equal MJ's 6 rings as quickly as possible.  Instead he cares too much about his hometown and wants to see them win a championship.  It has been 50 years.

Agreed. He genuienly seems like he wants to win in Cleveland.

Predict the Cavs starting 5 ...

PG: Kyrie Irving

SG: Dion Waiters

SF: LeBron James

F: Tristan Thompson

F: Anthony Bennett

6th Man: Andrew Wiggins

But realistically, when the dust settles, it will probably be:

PG: Kyrie Irving

SG: Dion Waiters

SF: LeBron James

F: Tristan Thompson

F: Kevin Love

6th Man: Ray Allen

The reason he's going back to Cleveland is because they can form another super team there. If Miami could have and Cleveland had nothing going for them, he would have stayed in Miami.

But Irving + the ability to trade for Love, that's pretty damn good. Add in the prodigal son story line and the ability to try and win a championship for the home state, it was a strong choice. Then add to the fact that DWade and all of their role players got old and Bosh isn't the player he was any more either plus Miami's big additions were signing Danny Granger to the BAE and McRoberts with the MLE...

Cleveland was actually better for basketball reasons than Miami.

What's more, Irving and Love are younger than LeBron. He can spend the rest of his career in Cleveland without ever having to worry about his key teammates getting old.