Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Chris Sheridan @sheridanhoops  ·  7m
LeBron James is returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers, a source tells http://sheridanhoops.com  . @KingJames #LeBronToClev http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/07/09/sheridans-top-25-free-agents-july-9-edition/ … 
ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 3,821 times3.8K FavoriteFavorited 714 times714
More

RT @richarddeitsch The @sheridanhoops just went big. Will be sports scoop of the year or DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN.

Lirl is he daft

Seriously 

Stay in Miami and get your rings son

I'm not going to deny Cleveland is talented. They lucked into a lot of good draft picks. They got Irving who is sick, and Bennett (bust) and Wiggins. 

On paper they appear to be good but remember that Bennett is arguably the worst #1 pick since Kwame Brown and he's only played one season. Guys he is that bad. The Cavs were daft to pick him that high, in an allegedly weak draft. I don't think he'll pan out. But it doesn't matter because Wiggins and Irving and LEbron will be fine. 

The problem is what happens in postseason play. We don't have Spolestra there anymore. We have a Big three without playoff experience. Keep in mind the Heat dominated everyone without breaking a sweat in the East this postseason. The notion of that happening in Cleveland is questionable. Irving and Parker could be really good but they need to get their feet wet in the postseason and it'll take time. You won't see them win a title right away 

Then again in Miami he can just return to the same ol same ol and dominate the East and make them all his ****es yet again. If I were Lebron it would be a no brainer, stay home

The McRoberts and Granger contracts would become normal contracts under the cap.

You are correct. They'd no longer be exceptions. They'd just be signed using Miami's cap space.

But I have to think that'd be problematic for McRoberts's and Granger's end. They probably took less money because they thought they were signing MLE and BAE offers. If they suddenly aren't, then wouldn't that be enough grounds to back out of the deal?

Remember, FA doesn't start until July 10th. These agreements between teams and players on trades and contracts are just agreements in principle. They aren't signing contracts yet.

---------------

Wiggins for Kevin Love is as close as Minnesota is going to get to 1:1 value IMO.

If Cleveland is offering Wiggins + another young chip like Tristan Thompson, they should absolutely jump on that IMO. There is no way Kevin Love is going to stay in Minny.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

The timing of the Granger and McRoberts deals was dumb for Miami IMO. It's a hindrance to their flexibility and it came from this faulty intention to go all in on trying to bring back each member of the big 3.

THAT's their #1 problem. The Big 3 are not good enough to get it done as a team construction any more. Clinging to them won't get them a title.

If Miami had really wanted to get good this offseason they would have renounced the cap holds on everyone but LeBron. Neither Bosh and Wade are worth even close to their 20 million dollar cap holds and getting rid of that hold and having oodles of real cap space would have been better.

If Miami does that and keeps LeBron's cap hold, they've only got that and Shabazz Napier, Norris Cole, and some dude named Justin Hamilton on their cap. That's like 25 million dollars. They could have had 32 million in real cap space.

Then you make max offers to both Eric Bledsoe and Greg Monroe. Force Phoenix and Detroit to match and I bet Detroit doesn't want to match. Let Bosh sign that max deal in Houston so that they can't keep Chandler Parsons and then sign Chandler Parsons. Or Ariza. Or Deng. Or make a bigger offer to Gortat than the Wizards can cope with. Make a better offer to Channing Frye than Orlando did. Sign Isiah Thomas, the Kings don't seem to care if they keep him.

Or make unbalanced trades.

Then after you've got a decent roster with guys like Greg Monroe and Ariza/Parsons/Deng, sign LeBron. You can offer him more money than anyone else and the only team your competing with is Cleveland?

And then after you've got your team sorted out, offer Wade a deal for what he's actually worth.

It would have been somewhat ruthless after getting them to opt out of their deals, but that's the only way they'd have actually gotten better IMO.

Now Bosh might walk anyway, LeBron might walk, and all they've gotten to show for this offseason is Shabazz Napier, Josh McRoberts, and Danny Granger. That's laughable.

We're at the stage where there were a lot of FAs in the NBA that would have been better on-court support for LeBron than Wade and Bosh and the Heat didn't give themselves the flexibility to actually pursue any of them.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

Sounds like potentially Wiggins for Love, if they can get LeBron.

Possibly more involved in the trade for Love.

As I said before about James...that's a TON of pressure if he goes back.

They just cut off a woman that said she was a Cavs fan, but now a Heat fan, but will switch back if they get LeBron...Born and raised in Cleveland. haha.

Count me as one of the people that laughed at Cleveland when Lebron took his talents to the south. The rivalry is back on and if they can get Kevin Love I would hate his guts as well. At least it's not NY so we don't have to hear not only from the media, but their ****y fans. Only real problem now is the Kyrie hype will reach a ridiculous level. An elite defensive team will take it to em as well (Bulls?)

Now hearing that they may potentially wait until next year to sign Love. So they could keep Wiggins. At that point Love is free to play anywhere.

That's interesting.

Depends on what it takes to get LeBron. If LeBron wants Love now...they will make it happen. If Wiggins is lights out...they may not need Love.

Interesting takes from reporters and such in Cleveland.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/clippers-sale-hangs-balance-trial-073303368--nba.html

Sterling trial gets underway after delay

Dr. Meril Sue Platzer testified that she was hired by Sterling's wife, Shelly Sterling, to evaluate him and made the diagnosis based on imaging tests and a two-hour interview at his home with his wife and an attorney present.

''After it was over,'' she said. ''I told him and Mrs. Sterling that he probably has Alzheimer's.''

''What was his reaction?'' asked Pierce O'Donnell, an attorney for Sterling's wife.

''I'm hungry. I want to eat,'' Platzer said.

Her lawyers claim Donald Sterling has been engaging in tactics to run out the clock on the Clippers sale.

Donald Sterling's probate lawyer, Gary Ruttenberg, hammered away at the need for a postponement.

''We've been railroaded as quickly as possible into a trial where we have very little discovery,'' he said. ''We have not had adequate time to prepare.''

Now Sterling says one of his nuerological examining docs was drunk and wanted to finish examination after a few more drinks..

Sterlng is now crying on the stand while talking about Shelly...somebody needs to stop this.

Sterling talking in circles, doesn't understand questions, challenging Fields to ''stand up and be a man''...no longer funny, just sad

Judge has to ask Sterlng question coz Sterling says he can't hear them from Fields...lots of confusion....as crazy as anyone imagined

"I will never, ever, ever sell this team. Until I die. I wall be suing the NBA" This should've been in all caps - he's shouting

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH