Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Why exactly did they do that? What did they gain but getting Parsons to hit RFA a year early?

Because of Melo and Lebron opting out. They didn't gain anything, but now face paying Parsons close to 15 mil/year for 3 years.

They do gain something. They control the process right now. Yes, Parsons is a steal at 900k, but next year he would be a UFA and could sign anywhere. Now the Rockets have the ability to match any offer and sign him long term.  

Edited by Duckus

Durant wouldn't go to Toronto. He'll spend his career in OKC. Watch his MVP speech. That man isn't going to leave.

IF for some reason he did leave, he'd obviously go to the Wizards assuming they had the cap space to sign him. He's not going to find two better players to play with than Westbrook and Ibaka. But if he were willing to leave them, he what exactly would Toronto have better than D.C.?

If LeBron goes back to Cleveland, the Cavs have GOT to trade for Love.

Minny trades: Kevin Love and Kevin Martin

Cleveland trades: Wiggins, Bennett, Varejao, and some sort of draft picks.

Why for Cleveland: to get Love of course. Kevin Martin adds shooting.

Why for Minny: a new foundation piece to build around comes in, plus Bennett as an interesting reclamation project, plus they get out of Martin's bad contract and get Varejao's big expiring in return.

Cleveland needs to turn Wiggins into a better asset if they get LeBron. His window is wholly different from LeBron's and they play the same position. Wiggins needs his own team. I like the idea of him and his Canadian buddy playing together in Minnesota. They're used to the cold anyway aren't they? I really like the idea of those two playing with Rubio too, who I view as the next Rondo.

I think this deal is the closest Minny comes to getting 1:1 value for Love and is the most graceful exit from the Love situation likely to come along.

Or if Cleveland wanted to hang onto Varejao, they could do Wiggins + Bennett + Tristan Thompson + ballast for Love and Martin. That way the Canadian gang gets to stick together.

Durant wouldn't go to Toronto. He'll spend his career in OKC. Watch his MVP speech. That man isn't going to leave.

IF for some reason he did leave, he'd obviously go to the Wizards assuming they had the cap space to sign him. He's not going to find two better players to play with than Westbrook and Ibaka. But if he were willing to leave them, he what exactly would Toronto have better than D.C.?

1.)Raptors fans are banking on the fact that KD was a fan of the team growing up.

2.)He's cool with Drake

3.)He's good friends with Vasquez

In other words,there's nothing they have better than DC...imo.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Exactly. So tired of this clown. Would love for Bosh to say "**** it" and sign with Houston.

Lebron may want that. He could be trying to wait Bosh out so that when Bosh goes to Houston Lebron has either 1) an out for leaving Miami and 2) a way to get Melo to Miami in place of Bosh without looking like a backstabber

That's one theory going around.

Lebron may want that. He could be trying to wait Bosh out so that when Bosh goes to Houston Lebron has either 1) an out for leaving Miami and 2) a way to get Melo to Miami in place of Bosh without looking like a backstabber

That's one theory going around.

This honestly seems like what is happening. It's almost like James, Melo, Wade and Riley are just hoping Bosh gets tired of waiting and takes the money in Houston.

This honestly seems like what is happening. It's almost like James, Melo, Wade and Riley are just hoping Bosh gets tired of waiting and takes the money in Houston.

Why? He doesn't have a contract with Miami, they could move forward with the Melo plan immediately if that's what they wanted to do.

Why? He doesn't have a contract with Miami, they could move forward with the Melo plan immediately if that's what they wanted to do.

Yeah I guess you're right. I just don't understand all the holding out everyone is doing. I feel like they all have their minds made up, but no one wants to make the first move.

At this point, is there any reason LeBron has not announced his decision yet other than ego? At this point he knows where he wants a play next year. So why not just tell us already? Because of his narcissistic ego. LeBron James gets a boner from seeing Twitter explode and having the entire sports world kneel before him for a decision. A little humility goes a long way, and though sometimes LeBron show signs of being a nice guy, there is no modesty in him. None.

• Like 2

Im just having trouble seeing why the dude is going through all this.

It's been confirmed that he's one of those ppl that desperately wants ppl to like him. So wtf is gonna gamble his image like this? At this point, if he doesn't pick CLE, he'll be the biggest villain in all media. Like he's making things 10 times worse. I don't get it.

I personally don't see him as a villain. He's just an odd guy to me. Maybe a bit of an undercover narcissist too because I'm starting to think he really does love the spotlight. I Thought came across as humble up until this point

• Like 1

Exactly Chewy, him and his agent know what teams can legitimately afford him that have key players already in place.  It's a small handful, its not like all other 29 teams have a shot of talking him into leaving Miami.  It's either Mavericks, Lakers, Cavs, Rockets, Suns or stay in Miami.

I'd rule out the Mavs, Lakers and Suns.  I don't really see him in Houston.  It's pretty much are you going back to Cleveland or staying in South Beach?  Was your previous owner an asshole when you left?  Sure, but 90% of the working population works for assholes.  And he was an asshole because you waited literally 5 minutes before "the decision" airing on ESPN to call him and tell him you were leaving Cleveland.  

Now, he did sack up, admitted that he shouldn't have done that and handled the situation entirely the wrong way.  The Cavs owner left the letter up until this week lol, great recruiting strategy.  Cavs owner should have apologized publicly to LeDrama 2-3 years ago and the letter should have been taken down.  

But like you said Chewy, its all EGO with this guy.  On ESPN, one article cited a source saying if it wasn't for the letter, this would be done a long time ago.  It sounds like he wants to go back to Cleveland but wants the owner to apologize, cup his balls, etc.

• Like 2

Im just having trouble seeing why the dude is going through all this.

It's been confirmed that he's one of those ppl that desperately wants ppl to like him. So wtf is gonna gamble his image like this? At this point, if he doesn't pick CLE, he'll be the biggest villain in all media. Like he's making things 10 times worse. I don't get it.

I personally don't see him as a villain. He's just an odd guy to me. Maybe a bit of an undercover narcissist too because I'm starting to think he really does love the spotlight. I Thought came across as humble up until this point

Exactly.  It's like Facebook, when you reconnect with a childhood friend and notice they have 3000+ friends on FB lol, and you are thinking WTF?

But why do this to yourself LeBron.  Evidently, the letter the Cavs owner wrote still bothers him.  Maybe its down to a battle of egos between the Cavs owner and LeBron.  He wants an apology and the Cavs owner is being stubborn.