Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Yeah they were a VERY good team with James in Cleveland before he left. He took them to the Finals by himself in 2007. They had the best record in the East each of his last 2 seasons. And after his 1st 2 seasons, they never finished lowered than 2nd in the East. I'd say that's pretty good.

He is still going to Miami IMHO. Best chance to win a title.

Also McRoberts Lirl. Irving is the only successful coach K student in last few years. McRoberts woat

To me, it's set in stone.  Melo is Miami bound.  Just waiting on Bosh to sign w/ the Rockets.

I can see this too

or Lakers

It is kinda funny how many of these "superstar" players can't make up their minds until LeBron does because they are all wanting to ride his jock to a possible title.

dont know why this is a bad thing

That's exactly what I said orginally. They want to ride LeBron to a title. Not sure what your point is.

Your phrasing implies that there is a negative aspect to it while Joe sees it as either a positive or entirely neutral.

That's exactly what I said orginally. They want to ride LeBron to a title. Not sure what your point is.

To imply that someone would "Ride" anyone to anything infers that they would not carry their own weight, at some point, which is obviously bull**** when used in this particular situation. No one does it on their own, despite what the media or a Jordan/Kobe crazy will tell you.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Lebron should hurry up and make his decision so ESPN doesn't talk about him 24/7 

"Where is Lebron going?" 

"This Brazil debacle as bad as a LeBron loss in the NBA finals" <- actually said on ESPN 

"Is RG3 the next LeBron James?" 

Will ESPN stop at nothing to mention LeBron. Good heavens they just drill the story into the ground 

So hurry up LeBron and pick a damn place to play. Because all the comparisons and shoutouts on ESPN are really ticking me off

To imply that someone would "Ride" anyone to anything infers that they would not carry their own weight, at some point, which is obviously bull**** when used in this particular situation. No one does it on their own, despite what the media or a Jordan/Kobe crazy will tell you.

Melo could go to Chicago and be option number 1 vs going to Miami and always being second to LeBron. Thus, riding LeBron to a title vs leading a team to a title. Maybe it's bull**** to some, but I like seeing the supposed to be superstars in the league wanting to beat each other, not go play together.

• Like 1

Yeah they were a VERY good team with James in Cleveland before he left. He took them to the Finals by himself in 2007. They had the best record in the East each of his last 2 seasons. And after his 1st 2 seasons, they never finished lowered than 2nd in the East. I'd say that's pretty good.

The East has sucked as a whole since the 90s. 

Edited by Sticksboi05

So, I understand like 10% of the NBA cap rules. I am trying to educate myself...

Can someone translate this Real GM article to english for me:

By reaching agreements with Josh McRoberts and Danny Granger with the non-taxpayer midlevel exception and biannual exception, the Miami Heat will not be operating as a team with cap space. With LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem opting out, they conceivably could have created enough cap space to sign a bigger contract player if they would have renounced the Bird rights to those players and then re-signed them with cap space. By going over the cap, the Heat will also cut ties with their room midlevel exception. By using these two exceptions, the Heat, by league rule, have to stay underneath the apron, an effective hard cap set $4 million above the luxury tax line, which is set at $77 million. Under no circumstances can the Heat's payroll go above $81 million this season.

Edited by Duckus

I'm still holding out hope....

My theory: Melo wants to go to the bulls but knows that they have to do a S&T trade involving Boozer (so Taj can stay). Phil doesn't want to because Boozer is ****ing awful as is his contract. So Melo feigns serious interest in LA so that Phil is scared into the S&T in order to avoid losing Melo for nothing.

Probably baloney but a few writers have said similar things

The East has sucked as a whole since the 90s. 

The east has football and hockey teams to fund and support.  It's a more advanced culture.   The past 20 years NBA is 13 West, 7 East.  12 of the West winners have no football and, until recently, very little hockey…LA Kings.  All of the East teams have multiple Lombardi trophy/Stanley Cup winners.  Just sayin...

Edited by mboyd784

The east has football and hockey teams to fund and support. It's a more advanced culture. The past 20 years NBA is 13 West, 7 East. 12 of the West winners have no football and, until recently, very little hockey…LA Kings. All of the East teams have multiple Lombardi trophy/Stanley Cup winners. Just sayin...

That is an interesting observation.

Gordon Hayward!

BUZZZZzzz

I have to admit the Hornets are aggressively trying to get better. Not sure if he's worth it that offer but he'd certainly provide a scoring option that the team needs. Might be able to avoid that 8th seed execution next season.

I have to admit the Hornets are aggressively trying to get better. Not sure if he's worth it that offer but he'd certainly provide a scoring option that the team needs. Might be able to avoid that 8th seed execution next season.

You're right, that's a lot of money. But I like that they're serious about improving. And I've been a Hayward fan since he got to Butler. Love this move. Just hope Utah doesn't match.

Btw, I'm assuming you were joking about the 8 seed. We're not in the West.

Edited by Bubble Screen

So, I understand like 10% of the NBA cap rules. I am trying to educate myself...

Can someone translate this Real GM article to english for me:

I read a little about this when it was brought up before.

I don't understand everything there, but what I do know is that the FAs (Wade, Bosh, Lebron, and Haslam) do affect Miami's cap, and at some level count against the cap.

I believe the term is a "cap hold".  There is a "cap hold" on Miami's spending due to the Bird rights of Wade, Bosh, Lebron, and Haslam.

Miami can't go out and sign a bunch of other players so that they are at the NBA cap, and then resign those 4 players to whatever they want (ignoring the tax implications) because of the cap hold each of those players have on the Miami cap.

You can renounce your Bird rights, which would remove the cap hold and free up more money for Miami to spend, and I think the player has to do it (but I could be wrong).

But I'm pretty sure that has implications in terms of resigning them and the cap (i.e. I believe then resigning them counts fully against the cap), which would make actually resigning them all very difficult.

I don't like the pickup for the Hornets.

They needed the shooter, I am not convinced he is the right fit though.

I guess we shall see how it all pans out.

Supposedly, the Jazz are gonna match.

He would be a great fit. He would benefit greatly playing with Jefferson. More talent around him here, too.

MJ and the Hornets can roll up on deeeeez...

You sound jelly.

It is kinda funny how many of these "superstar" players can't make up their minds until LeBron does because they are all wanting to ride his jock to a possible title.

"Youngchew loves this post."

I really hate the nba sometimes. :(