Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Prior to Pippen and Phil...Jordan was compared to Dr. J and 'Nique. We all recognized his great ability, but he was known as a selfish player same as Kobe and others have been called.

'Nique never had the right team or coach, Dr. J. needed Moses to finally get that ring. He had been to the Finals 3 times prior to winning.

exactly... it was muy irritating in the day listening to people guffaw and snicker and say that MJ could never, and should never, be compared to the true masters Bird and Magic... he was just a selfish scoring machine that didn't know how to make players around him better.   He "clearly" was shown up as the great pretender every year, by the Pistons or Celtics.  Amateur.    

but... put better players, and a better system around him, and *poof* we end up with the carbon copy discussions with MJ as the demigod.  

MJ, Magic, Bird, LBJ... they are all awesome players that did even better when surrounded by better parts.   THey are certainly measurable against each other, and you can absolutely do strengths and weaknesses comparisons across them all... and in the end someone noses out the others based on the metrics that you weight most heavily. 

but no, it HAS to be that X is in a different stratosphere than W, Y and Z ... and it HAS to be a "no duh!" argument.  its tiresome.

• Like 1

and then the Bulls were down 15 points in the 1992 Finals, in the 3rd quarter. Phil Jackson benched everyone, including Jordan, and the Bulls made a comeback and eventually won the game.

Flu game was game 5.

Do not get me wrong, Jordan was amazing but there has been some great tall tales told about dude since even during his career.

No one player wills any team to a title. They can be dominant, but you need more. Jerry West averaged 38ppg one finals series and lost.

no he wouldnt

Wouldnt have the ball in his hand enough

Again, you are equating the term "willing to victory" with "winning it alone". Nobody in the history of any sport has won it alone, and we don't need to reiterate that.  I would consider LeBron's game 7 performance last year as willing the Heat to victory.  Doesn't mean he was the only player who played well but he took the weight on his shoulders and performed.

AFAIC, you can't be an all-time great if you haven't willed your team to big victories.

Edited by Sticksboi05

Dan Gilbert's letter is so ridiculous to read now.  It's even more funny than it was in 2010.  I personally guarantee we will win a championship before the self-proclaimed King does.  You can take that to the bank.  Guess you have some debts to pay Dan.

Dan Gilbert's letter is so ridiculous to read now. It's even more funny than it was in 2010. I personally guarantee we will win a championship before the self-proclaimed King does. You can take that to the bank. Guess you have some debts to pay Dan.

Best part is the comic sans font.

Go anywhere but Cleveland LeBron. For gods sake they rehired Mike Brown. I'm fairly certain they still have zero clue of what they're doing in Cleveland. They have simply had a horse shoe up their butts when it comes to the draft lottery.

• Like 2

exactly... it was muy irritating in the day listening to people guffaw and snicker and say that MJ could never, and should never, be compared to the true masters Bird and Magic... he was just a selfish scoring machine that didn't know how to make players around him better.   He "clearly" was shown up as the great pretender every year, by the Pistons or Celtics.  Amateur.    

but... put better players, and a better system around him, and *poof* we end up with the carbon copy discussions with MJ as the demigod.  

MJ, Magic, Bird, LBJ... they are all awesome players that did even better when surrounded by better parts.   THey are certainly measurable against each other, and you can absolutely do strengths and weaknesses comparisons across them all... and in the end someone noses out the others based on the metrics that you weight most heavily. 

but no, it HAS to be that X is in a different stratosphere than W, Y and Z ... and it HAS to be a "no duh!" argument.  its tiresome.

real talk, this is all im saying.

Nobody in the history of any sport has won it alone, and we don't need to reiterate that.

then why mention it in the first place? Thats all I am saying.

Go anywhere but Cleveland LeBron. For gods sake they rehired Mike Brown. I'm fairly certain they still have zero clue of what they're doing in Cleveland. They have simply had a horse shoe up their butts when it comes to the draft lottery.

Yup, kind of like the Pittsburgh Penguins on the NBA but with no championships to show for it.

Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan Jordan

Feel free to cut and paste as necessary.

• Like 2

Report: Josh McRoberts, #miamiHeat agree on 4-year contract @WUSA9 @gameonwusa9 #nba http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/533968

Probably Bron's replacement...

Free agent Danny Granger has agreed to a two-year, $4.2 million deal with the Miami Heat, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

The new "Big 3" is 2/3 complete! lol

****ing Hornets.  First, let's help Miami out in the draft and not make them pay more for the trade and settle for PJ.  

Second, ****ing PJ and now the idiot is out punching high school kids in pick-up games and facing assault charges.  

Third, they let McRoberts walk away without a contract, granted, I know he was a free agent, but damn.

ESPN 30 for 30: Mike Brown...Re-Hired and Re-Fired...But Still Rich Doe

• Like 1

mcsluggo, you piqued my interest with that point you made about Jordan's teams being perfectly designed for him and he could be the tip of the spear.

As one of my favorite posters on RealGM put it, "players really should wait until they're rookie coaches to become GMs."

also.. the heat took some gambles.  On historical paper Wade and Allen is a wonderful back-court compliment,... but Allen is 38, and Wade's knees appear older than that.   Last year these guys (amongst others) were able to peak at the right time, surge at the end of the playoffs and be contributors... this year, not as much.   Last year the heat won, this year, Lebron looked like he was playing with the 2008 Cavs around him in the finals.  

THe Heat without LBJ this year 

were

not

good

particularly as the playoffs wore on, and some of them started to show their age more.   The Kings suck donkey snot, and went 28 and 54 last season....... but if you put Lebron on the roster, and teamed Lebron with Cousins, Gay and Thomas, and had an off season to attract/tweak the roleplayers just a little .. does ANYBODY think that they would not be in the championship discussion?  anyone?  

yeah... it would be another poorly constructed team. and it would STILL contend :)

It's not the construction the two fit from that viewpoint, Lebron loves to pass Gay loves to shoot. It's just that Gay is is the antiLebron. Lebron patterns his entire game on incredible efficiency and Rudy has never seen a contested shot he won't take. He routinely passes up wide open looks to dribble into a contested jump shot. I think either Lebron would claim him as an acolyte and change him completely, or throttle him in the locker room by the allstar break.

Also a Granger signs with the Heat following in the Ray Allen tradition of "If you can't beat'em"

Edited by Destino

If you want the conversation to change, just post something else, wow, how hard is that?!

True. 

Jordan would've changed the subject no problem,and wouldn't have teamed up with 2 other guys to do it.....

Also a Granger signs with the Heat following in the Ray Allen tradition of "If you can't beat'em"

This post from RealGM basically sums up my thoughts on the matter...

We now have someone to get into LeBron's head when we play Cleveland.

Danny Granger used to absolutely trash the Heat on Twitter.  Openly said he was so relieved when the Mavericks won in 2011 and now he joins them when they are at their most vulnerable.  How funny would it be if Bosh and LeBron leave and Granger is stuck there.

I really think LeBron is going to wind up back in Cleveland, Bosh will go to Houston and Wade is going to stay in Miami. I didn't think any of the three were leaving up until a few days ago, but I could see it happening now.

Carmelo will either be in New York or with Chicago. Same as it always was for him. I think he'll ultimately end up back in a Knicks uniform, though.

I think LeBron has zero interest in making amends with Dan Gilbert.  Maybe they can read over Gilbert's letter and have a good laugh over a couple beers.  Specifically the "I guarantee..." part.  Gilbert can call himself a jackass and shake hands.

Honestly, I can't believe this discussion is even being had, but whatever....

Cleveland ?

I just don't get why he would even entertain them, after how the **** hit the fan 4 years ago. If you're going to leave at least go to a stable organization for ****s sake. Why anyone would willingly do that to themselves is beyond me