Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Nuggets played like champions. They had a bad first half and never lost a drop of confidence. Just did their thing and won easily. 

most impressive performance today has to be the Timberwolves. They crushed the Suns. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Boston is going to roll thru the East. The only hope of them losing is facing Denver  

I feel the same way, the east is very weak with Embiid crippled and Giannis out. My only concern is that their group of stars haven’t been the most reliable in the post season. 

It's malpractice that OKC didn't get a serviceable back up big man at the trade deadline. They have a million first round picks. They got lucky Zion is out. 

And I get not calling as many fouls in the playoffs, but it's swung way too far to not calling blatant pushing off to create space. Zero consistency in NBA officiating. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Imagine if he wasn't missing?

We’ve been saying that about the pelicans. Everyone is waiting on Zion.

2 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

OKC got lucky as hell. Almost got beat by an 8 seed missing their best player

They were fortunate for sure, as were we… we finally got an exciting game start to finish out of this first round, feels like they’ve all been easy wins so far. 

9 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

This isn't really new though. NBA has had the worst officiating for as long as I can remember.

That is true but the difference between regular season and playoffs seems particularly excessive to start the post season. 

3 hours ago, purbeast said:

I will never understand how the refs will sometimes wait to see if someone misses a shot or not before calling a foul.  That makes absolutely no sense.

Well if the ball goes in, the foul didn't impact the play. I understand it... they don't want to be triffling.  

4 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Well if the ball goes in, the foul didn't impact the play. I understand it... they don't want to be triffling.  

So you want to get rid of and 1's?

I'm not really following your logic.

A foul is a foul regardless of it impacting the score board.

There's blatent stuff which gets called regardless. Then there's some contact that is allowed. I don't know if you are referring to something specific. I am just explaining why late whistles exist. 

I am sure by the black letter law, refs could call fouls on every possession.