Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Can someone explain why the warriors are barely clinging to the final play in spot despite being mostly healthy all season? What was the point of keeping the band together if 10th place in the west it what they can manage when playing? They’re one game above the rockets. If they fall to 11th with everyone healthy… that’s going to be embarrassing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Destino said:

Can someone explain why the warriors are barely clinging to the final play in spot despite being mostly healthy all season? What was the point of keeping the band together if 10th place in the west it what they can manage when playing? They’re one game above the rockets. If they fall to 11th with everyone healthy… that’s going to be embarrassing.

draymond-green-explains-how-the-lakers-s;)

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39822858/stephen-curry-lets-steam-lifts-warriors-draymond-green-tossed

Since Draymond Green returned from his indefinite suspension in January, the Golden State Warriors have applauded the way he has maintained his fire while managing not to cross the line. He would bark at officials and play with physicality but did so without taking it too far.

Until Wednesday night.

Green was ejected less than four minutes into the Warriors' eventual 101-93 win over the Orlando Magic.

He had been chirping at official Ray Acosta after being called for his first personal foul. A few plays later, after Stephen Curry was called for a shooting foul, Green approached Acosta and began yelling at him. Acosta issued a technical foul, and when Green didn't stop, Acosta gave him another, ending his night at the 8:24 mark of the first quarter.

Opening day in MLB.

ESPN: DID YOU SEE STEPH FREAK OUT AFTER DRAYMOND GOT KICKED OUT FOR THE 600TH TIME? WOW WHAT A REACTION

i don't ****ing care it's opening day. stop hyping that **** up.

I mean Steph getting mad and Draymond getting kicked out is noteworthy but ESPN should not spend 8 hours covering it.

12 hours ago, Destino said:

Turnovers and losing big leads in the 4th quarter mostly. They have had some injuries though. They were missing CP2 off the bench for 20+ games (he's needed when Steph rests in the 2nd and 4th). Steph has missed several games. Of course Draymond missing due to suspension or stupidity or both (like it or not, he's integral to that team still). 

I'd also state that the Wedtern Conference looks >> the Eastern Conference this year.

Oh and for whatever reason they play like **** at home this year. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

14 hours ago, Destino said:

They suck. Not much more needs to be said. 

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Please mercy trade Curry.

I said this in the offseason and was shunned. When they resigned Draymond to that huge deal, it was over. 

Trade them all for picks. 

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don’t wanna see Steph Johnny Unitasing his way out of the league in some uniform that doesn’t make sense like the Rockets or the Pelicans or some ****. 

Not saying id want that either.

But you prefer this instead?

Screenshot_20240329_203259_Reddit.jpg

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Not saying id want that either.

But you prefer this instead?

Screenshot_20240329_203259_Reddit.jpg

Eh. It’s not Steph’s fault he’s the dude on that team. It’s not his fault they didn’t ****can Draymond and find someone else who isn’t the headache he is to take his place. Draymond should have been traded as soon as he decked Jordan Poole. While that’s not exactly selling high, you can’t have that around. 

I get what you’re saying but at the same time Steph shouldn’t have to suffer for mistakes he didn’t make. 

14 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I get what you’re saying but at the same time Steph shouldn’t have to suffer for mistakes he didn’t make. 

I'm same place as you on this statement, I jus also believe he's suffering in San Fran and deserves out. So fair compromise isn't not watching him traded to a loser like Houston.

It's not like it used to be with teams saving up for their version of the Heatles either through cap space or assets...I don't really know the best way to do right by this guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Eh. It’s not Steph’s fault he’s the dude on that team. It’s not his fault they didn’t ****can Draymond and find someone else who isn’t the headache he is to take his place. Draymond should have been traded as soon as he decked Jordan Poole. While that’s not exactly selling high, you can’t have that around. 

I disagree. Steph is the franchise. If he wanted Draymond gone, he would be gone but he was complicit in letting Draymond getting away with his antics. Steph and Kerr. Reap what you sow. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I disagree. Steph is the franchise. If he wanted Draymond gone, he would be gone but he was complicit in letting Draymond getting away with his antics. Steph and Kerr. Reap what you sow. 

This 💯.  Steph isn't going anywhere because he doesn't want to go anywhere and he'll retire a Dub when he decides to. He wanted to keep the core 3 together, so they did. I will say that they hit home runs on their 2 picks this year. And Kuminga is already a beast for them. They've been up an down all year but I doubt many teams willingly want to face them should they hold on to that 10 spot (or better). 

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

This 💯.  Steph isn't going anywhere because he doesn't want to go anywhere and he'll retire a Dub when he decides to. He wanted to keep the core 3 together, so they did. I will say that they hit home runs on their 2 picks this year. And Kuminga is already a beast for them. They've been up an down all year but I doubt many teams willingly want to face them should they hold on to that 10 spot (or better). 

And to be clear.

If I was Steph, I would have kept Draymond too. IMO he is way more valuable to the dubs than to any other team. So if the dubs traded him, it wouldn’t have been to the dubs benefit. Draymond just hasn’t acted in a manner that I would liked. 

mike did a solid job getting out of Pooles contract but Myers didn’t leave Mike or the warriors with many options to retool. That’s why I say Myers is overrated. Would have been interested if he could turn it around.