Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

40,000 points is impressive.

You have to be good for a very long time to do that. And he's only one to do that.

As good as Wemby is, he might not even break that mark, let alone catch James record he's still actively adding to.

4 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Wemby also has potential to down as the greatest defensive player of all time. 

OK, I'm not disagreeing with you...

I jus looked up Wemby 1st time playing Joker and Embiid and those two players scored 39 and 70 respectively.

I'm sure those numbers will go do, but if folks want to eventually label him best defensive player my first question will be how he does against other elite centers throughout his career, especially his prime.

Edit: jus want to add that I do believe best Defensive Player and GOAT are two different convos...people stay making the case for Bron being GOAT despite never winning a DPOTY award (Jordan did rare feat of getting one same year he lead league in scoring)...

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

: jus want to add that I do believe best Defensive Player and GOAT are two different convos...people stay making the case for Bron being GOAT despite never winning a DPOTY award (Jordan did rare feat of getting one same year he lead league in scoring)...

Jordans DPOY award was cooked stats! 

Also, Wemby needs to put on some weight to bang with the big guys down low but I don’t think anybody at the end of his career is going to remember or care that somebody put 70 on him during his rookie season, especially a disliked foul merchant like Embiid. He is really special and might only be a few years away from being the best player in the league 

6 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Wemby also has potential to down as the greatest defensive player of all time. 

The Frenchise player will soon be nicknamed BabaYaga ;)

5 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Jordans DPOY award was cooked stats! 

Also, Wemby needs to put on some weight to bang with the big guys down low but I don’t think anybody at the end of his career is going to remember or care that somebody put 70 on him during his rookie season, especially a disliked foul merchant like Embiid. He is really special and might only be a few years away from being the best player in the league 

normally I agree with what you said here… but I’m not sure wemby needs to put on weight unless another Shaq comes along. He’s so terrifyingly long that he can give ground and still alter a shot. He can give ground and still get a rebound. And being lighter weight allows him to work off the dribble and shoot. 

once his offense matures the question won’t be can he guard big productive centers, it will be wether or not they can guard him. 

the only thing that concerns me is his health. People underestimate how damaging the physicality under the rim is. All it takes is a few muscles tightening up in the hips or lower back to cause problems all over. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Destino said:

normally I agree with what you said here… but I’m not sure wemby needs to put on weight unless another Shaq comes along. He’s so terrifyingly long that he can give ground and still alter a shot. He can give ground and still get a rebound. And being lighter weight allows him to work off the dribble and shoot. 

once his offense matures the question won’t be can he guard big productive centers, it will be wether or not they can guard him. 

the only thing that concerns me is his health. People underestimate how damaging the physicality under the rim is. All it takes is a few muscles tightening up in the hips or lower back to cause problems all over. 

I'm pretty sure Dwight Howard has made the comments about instead of bulking up when he was younger, he should have been working on his flexibility.

Wemby should be in a serious stretching regime now.  Bulking up is fine if it is done in a manner that competing muscle groups are increasing proportionally and can be done without a loss of flexibility.

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

OK, I'm not disagreeing with you...

I jus looked up Wemby 1st time playing Joker and Embiid and those two players scored 39 and 70 respectively.

I'm sure those numbers will go do, but if folks want to eventually label him best defensive player my first question will be how he does against other elite centers throughout his career, especially his prime.

Edit: jus want to add that I do believe best Defensive Player and GOAT are two different convos...people stay making the case for Bron being GOAT despite never winning a DPOTY award (Jordan did rare feat of getting one same year he lead league in scoring)...

lol did you even watch those games? 

Wemby is 20 years old and leading the league in blocks. 

with Wemby on the floor, the Spurs are the 5th highest rated defensive team. With him off the floor the Spurs are the worst rated defensive team in league history. 

2 hours ago, PeterMP said:

I'm pretty sure Dwight Howard has made the comments about instead of bulking up when he was younger, he should have been working on his flexibility.

Wemby should be in a serious stretching regime now.  Bulking up is fine if it is done in a manner that competing muscle groups are increasing proportionally and can be done without a loss of flexibility.

Have you watched Wemby stretching routine? It’s quite impressive. Like circus stuff. 

Wemby really is an Alien. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FuM7VVW7foc

• Like 2

Just now, purbeast said:

Who's 40 piece is more of a fluke - Deni's or Sengun's?

Deni, and it's not even close.  That's almost an insult to Sengun.  He's a very talented player on the offensive end.  He reminds me of a younger version of Jokic.  He has range, and is skilled at finding teammates.  He's going to be a bigger name that everyone will know of the next few years, as he continues to evolve.  Deni is a bust, and an afterthought.

6 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Deni, and it's not even close.  That's almost an insult to Sengun.  He's a very talented player on the offensive end.  He reminds me of a younger version of Jokic.  He has range, and is skilled at finding teammates.  He's going to be a bigger name that everyone will know of the next few years, as he continues to evolve.  Deni is a bust, and an afterthought.

LOL I know, I already called his a fluke in the Wiz thread.

They aren't even close.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/deni-avdija-and-sengun-points-comparison

17 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

No highlight vids from last night of, uh…Alperen Sengun (checks notes) dropping a 45/16 piece on Wemby??

Disappointing.

7 blocks , 5 on Sengun.

This one a couple of months ago. ;)

I hope he'll be fine and 100% next Wednesday, great game from Sengun, I doubt he is going to do it again.

Edited by FrFan

7 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Dubs took Milwaukee to the toolshed tonight (125-90). Guess when they aren't on the tail end of a horrendous road trip and missing two starters, they're a little more competitive.  🤔

I know right.

By this logic, I cannot wait to see the Celtics beat the Bucks by 87 points.