Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

25 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

It's a 14 to 10 conversion. No knock on Wemby but do 20/10 seasons really mean much when you're winning 1 out of 5 games? 

Yes it means a lot when you take into context who Wemby is playing with. 

Wemby is also leading the league in blocks and is already one of the premiere defenders in the league. 

21 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Should have added..again, that's not a knock. He's a young kid in a league of men. He's doing great. But he's also playing on a poor team with subpar talent. Does a better team mean more points for him? Or less? 

I guess time will tell. 

A better team definitely means more points and more assists. Also, do yourealize Wemby is on minute restriction? It’s over once you get him some competent teammates. 

He is going to score even easier. If you follow the spurs early in the season they had Schoan play PG which was a disaster. he upped his scoring and his fg % by having an actual PG play PG. 

Wemby is averaging 25/10/5 the last month and a half. 

• Thumb up 1

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39523705/sources-warriors-made-bid-lebron-james-trade-deadline

Over a clandestine 24-hour window prior to the trade deadline last Thursday that included owner-to-owner conversations, the Golden State Warriors made an unsuccessful bid to convince the Los Angeles Lakers and LeBron James to consider a trade to pair him with longtime rival Stephen Curry, sources told ESPN.

On 2/13/2024 at 3:58 PM, The Evil Genius said:

Should have added..again, that's not a knock. He's a young kid in a league of men. He's doing great. But he's also playing on a poor team with subpar talent. Does a better team mean more points for him? Or less? 

I guess time will tell. 

Pair him with a John Stockton

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

When they’re in transition and he is still laying down I howled 

Good grief...that dude is who is...

Remember last time he did that and Kerr screamin at him to get up.

How many sequences was that he was still on the floor? There's acting, then there's lookin like a toddler pretending their older sibling hit them until Mommy showed up.

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Good grief...that dude is who is...

Remember last time he did that and Kerr screamin at him to get up.

How many sequences was that he was still on the floor? There's acting, then there's lookin like a toddler pretending their older sibling hit them until Mommy showed up.

I know you guys hate Dray but that was legit. He took an elbow from Zubac to the jaw and was in the locker room for 1/2 a qtr afterwards. There are 💯 other things to hate on him for than this.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I know you guys hate Dray but that was legit. He took an elbow from Zubac to the jaw and was in the locker room for 1/2 a qtr afterwards. There are 💯 other things to hate on him for than this. 

Did he break his jaw or his pride?

As "physical" as he is with everyone else, it's difficult for me to find empathy here without evidence he was actually injuries instead of hurt.

Edited by Renegade7

He is not the only one who does that **** though, everyone in the NBA acts like they are dying when they go to the ground.  

And then they can NEVER EVER get up on their own.  They will sit there on their back until teammates come to lift them up.  I can't stand that ****.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Did he break his jaw or his pride?

As "physical" as he is with everyone else, it's difficult for me to find empathy here with evidence he was actually injuries instead of hurt.

That's fine. I'm not aware he broke anything or suffered a concussion since he came back and played. But he did go to the locker room after play was finally stopped (2 up and backs). 

Watching the game live, it looked like incidental contact by Zubac but it also was a solid elbow the face of Dray.

Fwiw I'm always surprised when the NBA is ok with players sprawled out in the middle of gameplay. Can't think of another major sport where play goes on. I guess maybe NHL?

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

That's fine. I'm not aware he broke anything or suffered a concussion since he came back and played. But he did go to the locker room after play was finally stopped (2 up and backs). 

Watching the game live, it looked like incidental contact by Zubac but it also was a solid elbow the face of Dray.

Fwiw I'm always surprised when the NBA is ok with players sprawled out in the middle of gameplay. Can't think of another major sport where play goes on. I guess maybe NHL?

Kerr could have called a timeout after the clippers missed their shot and he didn't.  

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

Kerr could have called a timeout after the clippers missed their shot and he didn't.  

Kerr didn't because they had the advantage on the fast break, if I recall. My comment was NBA in general. With how much power the players have there, I'm surprised they're ok with it. 

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Kerr didn't because they had the advantage on the fast break, if I recall. My comment was NBA in general. With how much power the players have there, I'm surprised they're ok with it. 

Probably because Kerr and the refs knew/assumed he was just flopping around since literally everyone who falls to the ground in the NBA usually does that.