Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

14 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Truly facinating how they turned a 64+ team tournament into a multi-billion dollar jugernaut...

"This could be for the lead..." clank

"All they have do now is..." clank

"Upset of the day if they could just..." clank, rebound, throw out, clank again 😒

At some point in my lifetime, the objective of college basketball became to execute the best dribble handoff.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

35 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39323535/james-dolan-harvey-weinstein-deny-accusations-sexual-assault

With any luck, it's the end of James Dolan.

I don't care for the Knicks but I believe the NBA is better when they're good.  He's been a terrible owner.

Oh, I did know that news.

Man, getting rid of Snyder and Dolan in the same year…. that would be a Godsend.

Am I asking for too much?!?!

I guess I don’t want to get my hopes up.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Oh, I did know that news.

Man, getting rid of Snyder and Dolan in the same year…. that would be a Godsend.

Am I asking for too much?!?!

I guess I don’t want to get my hopes up.

I really thought we had another 20+ years to go on Snyder.  Like, I thought he'd be 80 years old like Jerry Jones, still holding onto the team.

So anything is possible.  

Warriors assistant Dejan Milojevic, 46, dies after heart attack

Golden State Warriors assistant coach Dejan Milojević, a mentor to two-time NBA MVP Nikola Jokic and a former star player in his native Serbia, died Wednesday in Utah after suffering a heart attack, the team announced. Milojević, part of the staff that helped the Warriors win the 2022 NBA championship, was 46.

Milojević died in Salt Lake City, where he was hospitalized after the medical emergency happened during a private team dinner on Tuesday night. The Warriors had been scheduled to play the Utah Jazz on Wednesday night, a game the NBA postponed.

"We are absolutely devastated by Dejan's sudden passing," coach Steve Kerr said in a statement released by the team. "This is a shocking and tragic blow for everyone associated with the Warriors and an incredibly difficult time for his family, friends, and all of us who had the incredible pleasure to work with him."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39330553/warriors-assistant-dejan-milojevic-46-dies-heart-attack

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

With Dolan out of the picture and Ted doing his, uh…wizardry, I could lapse into Knicks fandom pretty quickly.

Its a pretty likeable team finally.

Just need to trade Randle… and get that next superstar (we have the cap space and trade assets). 

Which they won’t do until the off-season. Just has to be the right guy… and that’s NOT Murray, Mitchell or Lavine. These rumours better not be true. Leon Rose has done a fantastic job so far… so he’s earned some rope.

• Thumb up 2

37 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

3 firsts for Siakam? 

Pacers going all in. Makes them better… maybe up to 3 spot in conference by season’s end. Possibly conference finals? But that’s maxing out that roster. Not good enough.

19 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

3 firsts for Siakam? 

Two of them are this year's draft and are likely to be high picks.  It looks like they'd be like the 17th and the 27th currently so those picks don't have a lot value.

Then the protections on the other one haven't be released.   The issue to me would be them keeping Sikiam.  I'd not be excited about giving Sikiam a max contract.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Die Hard said:

Pacers going all in. Makes them better… maybe up to 3 spot in conference by season’s end. Possibly conference finals? But that’s maxing out that roster. Not good enough.

You never know, a few injuries and they could break through. If everyone stays healthy, yeah, that’s not a championship roster. Not even the best team in the east. 

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

You never know, a few injuries and they could break through. If everyone stays healthy, yeah, that’s not a championship roster. Not even the best team in the east. 

Of course. But if injuries happen, then I’m hoping the Knicks would break thru 😂

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Finals preview. Dont see any other teams stopping them 

A healthy Suns team is going to be hard to deal with in the playoffs. Bucks will be better in the playoffs than people expect. 

I’d love for all these teams to be healthy but I don’t actually expect it to happen. At least one good team will almost certainly limp into the playoffs.