Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

As a diehard Lakers fan I've been critical of LaBron after his 2nd year (only one season with title / WCF appearance) and said that his time in LA is highly overrated...but after last night's heroics breaking the record I would give his time there more of a B- or B. He's still got it even at his age.

the amount of threes steph shoots per game plus his constant 60 pt games...that record might fall soon

only issue is steph's durability. i will say lebron is kind of like alex ovechkin. guy's durable. Other than the year before they won the title (remember, he took HALF the year off after it was clear they were not making the playoffs) he has largely been healthy and durable

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

No way. Steph will be 35 next month and has played 500+ less games than Lebron. 

Fwiw I think LeBrons durability can also be attributed to him being a physical freak at age 17 and maintaining it for 21 years. 

Put another way, Steph has 21k points and he’s 34 now.  He’s still 17k behind LeBron if LeBron retired today.  Getting in the top 5 seems out of reach.  And Steph is an all time great, it’s not a knock on him.

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

I can think of quite a few people I’d rather have than lebron. 

In the eras that he's played?  It would be a bit tough.  Steph is there for sure, but it would be tricky to get 5-6 players in and not have to consider LeBron.  I'd take prime KD over him.

All time?  It's not hard.

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

As a diehard Lakers fan I've been critical of LaBron after his 2nd year (only one season with title / WCF appearance) and said that his time in LA is highly overrated...but after last night's heroics breaking the record I would give his time there more of a B- or B. He's still got it even at his age.

It would really help if "Street Clothes" was actually playing in most of the games. 

But Lakers fans are something else. He came there, got a title, but not good enough.  lol  It was 9 years since they last won a title and 6 years without making the playoffs before he showed up. 

14 minutes ago, tshile said:

I can think of quite a few people I’d rather have than lebron. 

Count me out on that. LeBron has been so good for so long, he's somehow underrated.  lol 

7 minutes ago, justice98 said:

But Lakers fans are something else. He came there, got a title, but not good enough.  lol  It was 9 years since they last won a title and 6 years without making the playoffs before he showed up. 

Count me out on that. LeBron has been so good for so long, he's somehow underrated.  lol 

Lakers fans are easily rattled that the championship came in the bubble and in a shortened season.  Somehow, in their minds, that makes it not as hard or as not as worthy as a full 82 game grind.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

In the eras that he's played?  It would be a bit tough.  Steph is there for sure, but it would be tricky to get 5-6 players in and not have to consider LeBron.  I'd take prime KD over him.

All time?  It's not hard.

well. I was thinking all time not limiting it to just his era. 

but I value competitiveness and heart very highly. Killer instincts. Don’t care much for flashiness etc. And downgrade heavily for phoniness.

If I was building a team based on winning, especially when the game is important, he wouldn’t be on it. 

if I was trying to sell out the arena every game on the other hand…

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

I’m not saying he sucks. Just think he’s a bit overrated. 

Would love to see how he’d play when the rules didn’t cater to stars on offense the way they do now. Not only would he not get half the calls, I’m legit curious how he’d handle getting shoved around by people not afraid of him at all. 

18 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Both these things can be true.

1.  LeBron is somewhat overrated and this record does very little to improve his standing in my eyes.

2.  Spiff and Tshile are filthy, venomous haters.

1.  LeBron is rated.  He's not overrated and he's not underrated.  He's just rated.

giphy.gif

You say hater like it's a bad thing.  I call it discriminating in my tastes and discriminating against who I hand praise to.  If that makes me a "hater" because I think LeBron is a damn good basketball player but don't personally care for him and his phoniness, I will wear that badge with pride and honor.

C'mon, @tshilelet us adjourn ourselves to the nearest table and overlook this establishment's board of fare.