Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

5 hours ago, justice98 said:

Literally the only difference is who's getting the players together.  Which is really insignificant.  It's a different, but no less legitimate, way of achieving the same goal.  Getting the best players on one team.  Either they're doing it themselves, or someone else is doing it for them.  But it's not happening by magic.  If the front office pulls you all together, cool.  But if you coordinate to do it yourself, it's a heinous act.  lol

I personally couldn't care less about the Decision.  Sure, it was clunky, but other than that, wholly meaningless and dumb.  And the hand wringing over it years after the fact was even dumber.  

On that last point, the difference there is the owners wanted some control back.  Doesn't make the previous system any better though.  Look at the trade deadline.  Players moving all over the place, but it's cool cuz the teams are doing it.  But when players take control of their own destiny, it's foul.

I think we see why Tommy wanted all those 2nd rounders.  That's how deals get done now.  You have 3-4 excess 2nds laying around, you can do some things.

I'd say you really downplaying the significance here of the impact player recruiting has had on the NBA and smaller market franchises in particular, enough that it did lead to a change in the CBA so players could be paid more if they stayed.

Front Officies trying to convince players to leave their team in the middle of the season is called tampering, but when players do it, that's perfectly fine? 

Not knowing what to do or call that doesn't make it insignificant.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Agreed and essentially trading wiseman just to get him back hurts 

Wiseman had to go. Owner wasn’t going to pay 115 million of luxury tax for him. He wasn’t worth it. 

im not always a fan of Kerr’s rotation but Wiseman was terrible. All the advance stats graded him terribly. Can’t blame lack of play on Kerr. Wiseman had some tough breaks but he was a lost cat out there. Seems like a good kid. Plenty of time to turn around his career. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Wiseman had to go. Owner wasn’t going to pay 115 million of luxury tax for him. He wasn’t worth it. 

im not always a fan of Kerr’s rotation but Wiseman was terrible. All the advance stats graded him terribly. Can’t blame lack of play on Kerr. Wiseman had some tough breaks but he was a lost cat out there. Seems like a good kid. Plenty of time to turn around his career. 

don’t disagree just saying they should have kept GP2 and got something for wiseman that was useful instead of using him to fix a mistake from the offseason 

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

don’t disagree just saying they should have kept GP2 and got something for wiseman that was useful instead of using him to fix a mistake from the offseason 

They couldn't.  Not at what he signed for.  They only had his early Bird rights which means he could sign a contract with them for 175% of his last contract which is less than the Blazers paid him.  But trading for him works because he makes less than Wiseman.

I feel bad for Wiseman.  He's gone from GS where he never really got a chance to play and grow to the Pistons that have 2 young bigs they are already trying to develop.  You think there would be a bad team out there without a young big that would have been willing to take a chance on him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Seriously doubt the rescind. No way they pay that luxury tax. 

I guess I don't understand the NBA salary cap. Wiseman is only making 9mil this year and 12 next. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/detroit-pistons/james-wiseman-70644/#:~:text=James Wiseman signed a 4,dead cap value of %249%2C603%2C360.

LeBron to LA has been a big failure. They got a ring but what else?

I'll say it, him signing in LA was mostly done for business. Doesn't play anymore, got his record

Enough with the LeBron adulation. He got one title here but hasn't done much since. Wow, he got the scoring record in an offensive era where everyone jacks up 3's. What a feat!

I wish I didn't have to say it, but it's true. I loved the signing when he came to LA, as a diehard Lakers fan. But I just can't anymore. HE and AD barely play. And since they're the only talented people on the team they keep f***ing losing.

I'm watching the replay of the celebrity all star game from last night, and I have to say, it's ****ing great!

It's just solid fun entertainment.  From the announcers, to the mic'd up players, to the little surprises they have throughout, it's just a lot of fun.

I won't be around to watch the events tonight but I'm definitely recording them to watch later.

EDIT:

HOLY **** THE END OF THIS GAME LMAO!  

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 1