RonArtest15

On 6/1/2021 at 11:08 AM, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Curry

Tatum

Luka

giannis

embiid

bench 

Joker, Donovan, and wildcard Anthony Edwards. 

Edwards is super athletic and he is only 19. His ceiling is higher than anyone on this list and he was really good after the all star break. 

Donovan is the truth 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 1:07 AM, Barry.Randolphe said:

PG: Trae Young, Donovan Mitchell

SG: Beal Booker

SF: Luka, Jayson Tatum

PF: Giannis

C: Jokic, Adebayo

That team would be able to play with anyone for the next 7 years and would have enough shooters to open the lanes for Luka/Giannis to drive....and Jokic would be a deadly pick and roll partner with everyone on the team

I nailed this....Mitchell reminds me of Wade the way he can drive to the rim so effortlessly through traffic

9 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I just read the Clippers gave George a 4 year $190 million contract extension in December of last year.  That is so absurd.  I don't understand how he could be valued at that much.  I don't get NBA contracts.

It is a function of how the NBA salary cap works.  If you are capped out and a contender, then it makes sense to over pay to keep your own players to keep them happy.  You get to the point that if you let them walk, you won't have enough money under the cap to sign somebody comparable (or zero money under the cap and you'll have like an MLE to sign somebody, or you let them walk and you can't sign anybody to replace them).

So it's either pay Paul $40 million a year or let him walk and only have $9 million to sign a replacement (or maybe really even nothing).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I nailed this....Mitchell reminds me of Wade the way he can drive to the rim so effortlessly through traffic

Old Wade could walk around defenders to the rim. It was like a magic trick.  The man mastered using angles to slowly navigate his way through the defense.  

6 hours ago, Destino said:

Danny Rouhier is on inside the nba interviewing Chuck while doing his Chuck impression.  

They played that clip on the Junkies a little while ago and I'm just listening to it and couldn't tell who was who lol.

As much as I can't stand Danny, his impression of Barkley is on point and I gotta give him his props for that.

13 hours ago, Destino said:

Old Wade could walk around defenders to the rim. It was like a magic trick.  The man mastered using angles to slowly navigate his way through the defense.  

The broadcast angles are deceptive.  They are moving way faster than it looks like from up high.  I notice the same effect in football broadcast and over the field All-22 angles but then you get all of these camp videos from people standing on the sidelines and you see just how explosive their movements really are.  That's why I appreciate the All-22 cut ups that include the end zone view of the play right after they show the overhead view.  It's an absolutely different sensation of speed.

We must look like turtles to birds.

Nets aren’t my team, but I can’t imagine how frustrating it has to be as a fan to have Joe Harris and Bruce Brown taking the last two shots when you have Durant and Irving on the floor. Those type of players usually always choke in big shots.

Edited by dyst
  • Like 1