Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

20 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It gets pretty tiring skating.  I'm not a big hockey fan but it is a great sport.  I loved it as a kid and if I had more time and mental energy to follow yet another sport, I would get into it.  Cohesive team play isn't a knock against hockey for me, and individual stardom isn't why I like basketball.  Teams that are dominated by one player putting on a show are the boring ones in the NBA.  The good teams are more fun to watch.

I kind of like the NBA cause I can get those once in a blue moon takeovers/ performances. As a layman its fun to watch every once in a while. 

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It gets pretty tiring skating.  I'm not a big hockey fan but it is a great sport.  I loved it as a kid and if I had more time and mental energy to follow yet another sport, I would get into it.  Cohesive team play isn't a knock against hockey for me, and individual stardom isn't why I like basketball.  Teams that are dominated by one player putting on a show are the boring ones in the NBA.  The good teams are more fun to watch.

CURRY and dame carrying their teams to losses isn't particularly interesting. You scored 60 pts. Good for you. 

Did you win? 

You didn't? 😮

In the end I'll say this for Westbrook too who shoots like 3 for 19 

The only stat that matters is the W

That's it. Not pts or assists. 

Just win. 

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Cohesive team play isn't a knock against hockey for me, and individual stardom isn't why I like basketball.  Teams that are dominated by one player putting on a show are the boring ones in the NBA.  The good teams are more fun to watch.

I don’t disagree with any of this. Just saying it’s nice when the stars play more than half the game. 

also, I was put on this earth to say something negative about hockey every time I see it or hear it brought up. That is my directive. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

I kind of like the NBA cause I can get those once in a blue moon takeovers/ performances. As a layman its fun to watch every once in a while. 

It just reminds me of playing youth basketball with kids who were really good but hogged the ball and how boring that was.  It was always more fun to play with teammates who were about the same as you and everyone passed the ball around and shot it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Which makes the best to ever play, Kawhi Leonard? His .745 winning percentage is the highest amongst players who have played 150 games. 

😆

It just is bad basketball to see Curry throw up 30 threes and put up 50 ppg

it defeats the purpose of team play

How do you not walk up to a flopper and stomp on their ****ing face....

How does a grown man who flops look his son/children in the eye. Let alone himself in the mirror.

So embarrassing (you would think). ***** behavior.

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

How do you not walk up to a flopper and stomp on their ****ing face....

How does a grown man who flops look his son/children in the eye. Let alone himself in the mirror.

So embarrassing (you would think). ***** behavior.

how do they sleep at night? 

on a pillow stuffed with cash 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

how do they sleep at night? 

on a pillow stuffed with cash 

Pillow? Or g-string?

*****es.

Not even fair to call them a ****. Women's soccer players don't flop. I'm guessing WNBA players don't.

Why is it so accepted in sports? Soccer obviously the worst. Basketball close behind. Football players flop. It's ridiculous. Outlaw it. Treat it like steroids in MLB.

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

It just is bad basketball to see Curry throw up 30 threes and put up 50 ppg

it defeats the purpose of team play

48 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Curry’s career attempt is like 29. So miss me with that bull****. 

Considering the Dubs lead the league in assists per game this year...and generally have been near or at the top in league leaders in the Curry days, it's also a really ignorant comment. 

Edit..Golden State was #1 in team assists per game in:

2014-15

2015-16

2016-17

2017-18

2018-19

2020-21

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/assists-per-game?date=2021-06-02

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Now that the Knicks have lost, lets take a moment to appreciate Clint Capela’s words from yesterday.  He told the Knicks how it is and what was coming.

Capela said those moves and the Knicks' style of play don't make them a physical team.

"I don't know if they're physical, but they are trying to play physical," Capela said. "I feel like if they were really physical, I think we'd have more problems than what we have."

"They are trying to play tough, push our guys around and talk s---," Capela said. "But we can do that too. We showed them as soon as we came back here that we can do that too. We can push guys around too. We can talk s--- as well, so what you gonna do about it? Oh, and we can get a win with it. So what you gonna do about it?

"Oh, Game 4, you're coming back again, well it's going to happen again. We win the game, we talk s--- and we push around. So what you gonna do about it? That's what happened. We can do it too. We can be physical but we can win games as well.

"Now we're coming to your home to win this game again and send you on vacation."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31547541/atlanta-hawks-center-clint-capela-not-impressed-new-york-knicks-physical-play

That’s quality **** talk.  

• Like 2

The Warriors' motto is strength in numbers.  I'm not a big fan of bad three ball chucking, which they certainly did a lot of, but aside from that, they played San Antonio style peak team ball.  That's what made them so compelling until Durant signed there and they got un-fun and inevitable.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Destino said:

That’s quality **** talk.  

The Hawks are pretty scary.  They are super reliant on Trae Young to keep the offense flowing, and he's pretty slight.  But they have so much length, athleticism, and talent in their front court.  They have the bodies to throw at Embiid if he plays next series.  Especially a hobbled Embiid.  And they are super young and are far from hitting their ceiling.  I see them as having built the ideal balance of forward and big man talent around a dynamic lead guard.  It's what I wish the Wizards had been able to do after they had drafted Wall or Beal.  It kind of feels like Travis Schlenk recreated his magic from Golden State and we're a year or two away from them making a major leap.  They're a young team but they don't necessarily act like one, they've got that mixture of focus and swagger that the really good teams get.

24 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I want the knicks to be good. Going for a Clippers flameout and shakeup with KL going there 

Why tho

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The Hawks are pretty scary.  They are super reliant on Trae Young to keep the offense flowing, and he's pretty slight.  But they have so much length, athleticism, and talent in their front court.  They have the bodies to throw at Embiid if he plays next series.  Especially a hobbled Embiid.  And they are super young and are far from hitting their ceiling.  I see them as having built the ideal balance of forward and big man talent around a dynamic lead guard.  It's what I wish the Wizards had been able to do after they had drafted Wall or Beal.  It kind of feels like Travis Schlenk recreated his magic from Golden State and we're a year or two away from them making a major leap.  They're a young team but they don't necessarily act like one, they've got that mixture of focus and swagger that the really good teams get.

76ers in 6. 5 with a Healthy Joel.