Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I know the narrative is out there on the Heat about not trading Herro and a host of others to Houston for Harden. But the reality is that was never on the table as a thing. The Heat did not pass on Harden. Houston always preferred what they got from the Nets to anything the Heat had to offer. Just wanted to throw that out there...Source: a few local intrepid Heat reporters..

Kyrie had a water bottle thrown in his vicinity?  Oh no.  People are acting like one fan acting stupid at a game is some deep and meaningful thing.  Was Kyrie right about Boston?  Are NBA fans the worst?  Yawn.  Morons exist, and every large crowd has at least one.  Ban the idiot and move on.  

Maybe if I hadn’t grown up going to festivals and concerts I’d be more inclined pearl clutch over a single thrown bottle of water. 

You have to select a group of eight players that have to compete for the next seven years.  Who do you take to maximize that window?  (Salary cap isn’t a thing in this hypothetical.  Just build a team that will be the most competitive over the next seven years.

20 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

You have to select a group of eight players that have to compete for the next seven years.  Who do you take to maximize that window?  (Salary cap isn’t a thing in this hypothetical.  Just build a team that will be the most competitive over the next seven years.

So pick the 8 best players in the league to make a super team?

9 minutes ago, Hersh said:

So pick the 8 best players in the league to make a super team?

Well, not sure if you’d take a guy like James who’d be over 40 for half that time.  Kawai would play mostly in his mid to late 30s.  So it’s basically make a super team of young guys unless you think some of the top guys now will be better than the younger guys when they are in their mid 30s compared to late 20s.

You could go with a guy like Embid knowing he’ll be in his 30s for over half the time.

EDIT:  so one could make the argument that Kyrie is a better PG (I know he says he’s not a PG) that Morant, but would you take him over Ja for the next seven years.

Edited by Ball Security

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

PG: Trae Young, Donovan Mitchell

SG: Beal

SF: Luka, Jayson Tatum

PF: Giannis

C: Jokic, Adebayo

That team would be able to play with anyone for the next 7 years and would have enough shooters to open the lanes for Luka/Giannis to drive....and Jokic would be a deadly pick and roll partner with everyone on the team

• Like 1

PG- Zion, LaVine

SG-, Curry (Yes, I know Curry is 33 but he will be getting tons of open looks at 3s in this lineup so he's like a spot up shooter) 

SF-Luka, Tatum

PF-Giannis

C-Jokic, Embiid

• Like 1

Curry

Tatum

Luka

giannis

embiid

bench 

Joker, Donovan, and wildcard Anthony Edwards. 

Edwards is super athletic and he is only 19. His ceiling is higher than anyone on this list and he was really good after the all star break. 

Edited by Dr. Do Itch Big
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Curry

Tatum

Luka

giannis

embiid

bench 

Joker, Donovan, and wildcard Anthony Edwards. 

Edwards is super athletic and he is only 19. His ceiling is higher than anyone on this list and he was really good after the all star break. 

Edwards may be great, but his ceiling is higher than anyone on your list??

• Like 1

I’m going to take Mikal Bridges as my eighth player to give me a defensive stopper on wings.  

This team doesn’t have the smooth shooters like Curry and Booker, but has plenty of offense.  Also taking Morant because of the way he can change pace, and I believe his shot will improve over time.

Morant, Mitchell, Luka.

Bridges, Tatum, Giannis.

Embiid, Adebayo.

Never have I rooted so hard for CP3.

I believe the basketball Gods will spare me.  "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" and all.

100% no foul from Rivers on Lillard. Come on.

Denver fans livid right now. Refs award the ball back to POR and Lillard ties it up. Awful awful awful

Edited by CRobi21

10 hours ago, Hersh said:

Edwards may be great, but his ceiling is higher than anyone on your list??

he has top tier athleticism and he actually improved. he has the highest ceiling but also the lowest floor imo 

No AD, Lakers are done. LeBron looks off. Maybe he still hurt. 

27 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

he has top tier athleticism and he actually improved. he has the highest ceiling but also the lowest floor imo 

No AD, Lakers are done. LeBron looks off. Maybe he still hurt. 

Looks pretty spry walking off the court...with 5:45 left in the game.

:rofl89:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Basketball is so dumb. You'd never see that in hockey. It's never about one individual in hockey

Yeah its about line changes and having your stars only play for 1/3 of the game for some weird ass reason 

give me nba star power any day 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah its about line changes and having your stars only play for 1/3 of the game for some weird ass reason 

give me nba star power any day 

It gets pretty tiring skating.  I'm not a big hockey fan but it is a great sport.  I loved it as a kid and if I had more time and mental energy to follow yet another sport, I would get into it.  Cohesive team play isn't a knock against hockey for me, and individual stardom isn't why I like basketball.  Teams that are dominated by one player putting on a show are the boring ones in the NBA.  The good teams are more fun to watch.

• Like 1