Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Starting to think Giannis doesn't have the clutch gene.  Maybe that is harsh, but I don't see him taking control of a game when it is time to win.  Obviously his teammates didn't help him.  They are going to rue that loss big time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Starting to think Giannis doesn't have the clutch gene.  Maybe that is harsh, but I don't see him taking control of a game when it is time to win.  Obviously his teammates didn't help him.  They are going to rue that loss big time.

I think skills are more the issue than any genetic weakness.  Giannis can overwhelm teams with his physical superiority during the course of a game, but when defenses tighten up in crunch time, he can’t just go get a bucket reliably.  He can’t shoot, isn’t a great free throw shooter, and needs to get to the rim to score. 

Giannis needs some more go to moves like all superstars develop.  From what I’ve seen of him in the playoffs he doesn’t have one,

• Like 1

I don't think Giannis can win as the main guy due to his lack of shooting. He needs someone like Beal or Curry or Harden to partner with who can shoot and create more opportunities. What he has right now as a supporting cast is not the answer. They made a major mistake trading away the future for Holiday.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Where are the haters?

I don't have a problem with the Nets.

1) Steve Nash

2) After the Lakers lost everyone was so jubilant about the new generation and "parity" yet the new generation (Doncic / Lillard / Joker) all failed to get out of the 1st or 2nd round. That means that the best "new generation" team is the Sixers or the Hawks.

In terms of tolerability the Hawks are probably the most tolerable new gen team left but the Hawks are basically Trae Young.

5 hours ago, abdcskins said:

He is no LeBron

YES I'm aware LeBron struggled early doing everything himself before getting his rings with the Heat

But LeBron took teams to the ECF multiple times and actually won a ECF

LeBron has beeo to the finals with Cleveland doing everything himself

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

Wait.... Bucks lost?  I checked the score in the 3rd Q and they were up 15....

Yeah. I wasn't even watching and then Pete Hailey who covers WFT was like "WHAT KD IS DOING IS INCREDIBLE TURN IT ON NOW" so I figured I might watch. No regrets. Watching KD go ham on haters is great

6 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I don't think Giannis can win as the main guy due to his lack of shooting. He needs someone like Beal or Curry or Harden to partner with who can shoot and create more opportunities. What he has right now as a supporting cast is not the answer. They made a major mistake trading away the future for Holiday.

I think he needs a top shelf, championship level kinda coach as well to get him to the next level. I dont know who that is, but it's not the guys he's had. 

Great player, but Giannis at this stage of his career can't have a game like Durant just had.  He's got no shot, for one, and he's afraid to go to the line.  I think he's something like 15-27 at the line in this series.  In his "game for the ages", Durant goes 13-16 at the stripe.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I think he needs a top shelf, championship level kinda coach as well to get him to the next level. I dont know who that is, but it's not the guys he's had. 

Great player, but Giannis at this stage of his career can't have a game like Durant just had.  He's got no shot, for one, and he's afraid to go to the line.  I think he's something like 15-27 at the line in this series.  In his "game for the ages", Durant goes 13-16 at the stripe.

Durant is an all time great.  I'm not sure if he's in the top 10 of all time, but I think some could rank him there and I wouldn't be totally upset about it.

You're right, Giannis can't have a game like that.  The lack of shot is what's separating them, I agree.  Giannis can fill up a stat line and that's how he's won MVPs but I am wondering if he's hit his ceiling.  And that's not a bad thing, it's a hell of a ceiling.  

I stopped watching once the Bucks went up and started watching the 4th quarter. I don’t think I saw a single double team on KD in the 4th.

No idea what they doing and then I saw Jrue Holiday take 3 straight iso possessions. The whole team as a whole was a mess. Lots of credit to KD for having the game of his life. The Bucks are scared of KD. 

2 hours ago, Chew said:

Jesus.

20210616_091356.jpg.b18cc00c5ac245c1665d3ed96a8edbb6.jpg

Bruh that was ****ing savage. Also I see nothing with wrong with Simmons trying to get some ass. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Durant is an all time great.  I'm not sure if he's in the top 10 of all time, but I think some could rank him there and I wouldn't be totally upset about it.

You're right, Giannis can't have a game like that.  The lack of shot is what's separating them, I agree.  Giannis can fill up a stat line and that's how he's won MVPs but I am wondering if he's hit his ceiling.  And that's not a bad thing, it's a hell of a ceiling.  

I see Giannis as like a Scottie Pippen type - he can play lockdown defense, catch lobs, get to the rim and finish at will....but he's really really lacking an outside shot (unlike Pippen who was deadly from 3 in his era). He needs to sit in the gym this summer and shoot 1,000 3's a day. The fact every team can play a simple box and 1 defense and beat the Bucks is sad.

Edited by Barry.Randolphe
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I see Giannis as like a Scottie Pippen type - he can play lockdown defense, catch lobs, get to the rim and finish at will....but he's really really lacking an outside shot (unlike Pippen who was deadly from 3 in his era). He needs to sit in the gym this summer and shoot 1,000 3's a day. The fact every team can play a simple box and 1 defense and beat the Bucks is sad.

I put some of the fact that the teams can play box and 1 defense and beat the Bucks a little bit on Bud.  I think he was a good coach that was able to get the Bucks to roll through the regular season schedule but his **** doesn't necessarily work in the playoffs, it appears.  

Giannis as a Pippen type is interesting and I agree.  Giannis needs a better shot, he also needs to work on his hands.  Multiple times I've seen him drop passes that might have been a bit tricky but someone who is surehanded should have nabbed.

• Like 1

Seemingly every Buck's second half possession came down to Giannis/Holiday iso or Middleton jacking up a three.  And Giannis never took it upon himself to D up on Durant.  It was as bad a half as you could imagine for Milwaukee.

He needs to get in the paint and learn how to work and facilitate like Jokic and Embiid. He’s a center that can stretch the floor. But he needs to be a center still where he can get easy buckets when needed. Relying on his jump shot and athleticism doesn’t help since we don’t know that he can ever develop that into a consistent threat against good tight playoff D. He’s never been a great shooter he’s not just going to turn into one. Stop pretending to be Dirk. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

He needs to get in the paint and learn how to work and facilitate like Jokic and Embiid. He’s a center that can stretch the floor. But he needs to be a center still where he can get easy buckets when needed. Relying on his jump shot and athleticism doesn’t help since we don’t know that he can ever develop that into a consistent threat against good tight playoff D. He’s never been a great shooter he’s not just going to turn into one. Stop pretending to be Dirk. 

He may be able to learn to shoot. We have seen other talented players learn their jumper and become more reliable shooting it. But you are 100% right in that if he learns to facilitate it will fix his problems. And I can see him doing that.