Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

5 hours ago, Destino said:

This season is whatever, who cares, but can we still get that Lakers Clippers playoff series?  That’s really all I wanted to get out of this season.  Corona can’t be allowed to steal this from us.  

You know... In the game NBA Playgrounds 2 (an NBA Jam type game that I play with my 9 year old nephew all the time), there is a custom court setting that is literally in a quarantine zone. Imagine a court with weird metal, and strange hazmat symbols, with fans in containment suits 😂

We can just call it the "COVID Classic"

9 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Yeah this does suck for all of the teams that were kicking butt this year.  A ton of people had real championship aspirations.

It's a mercy killing for the Wizards though.

I just read that the Warriors were the only team eliminated from the playoffs this season.  Is that true?  From first to worst.  Move them to the back of the lottery sports gods.

This draft stinks though so it kinda worked out for everyone else. 

37 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Season isn't cancelled, right?  Just suspended. 

Gives Giannis time to heal a little bit.  And any other players that are dinged up.

Sucks that people are going to be staying home with no games to watch.

I think it depends on how fast we get a handle on whats going on. Wouldnt completely shock me if suspension leads to cancellation. Particularly if more athletes end up positive 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I think it depends on how fast we get a handle on whats going on. Wouldnt completely shock me if suspension leads to cancellation. Particularly if more athletes end up positive 

I think they are all hoping like the rest of us that this is seasonal and that once it warms up the threat will be gone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Season isn't cancelled, right?  Just suspended. 

Gives Giannis time to heal a little bit.  And any other players that are dinged up.

Sucks that people are going to be staying home with no games to watch.

Let's be real. We dont have a handle on this yet, and will not, for a very long time. We all will gave to exercise social distancing/self quarantine,  and wait this out, and that's all we can do atm.

Suspension was an immediate reaction to a surging crisis, but once the tests start going out and the numbers jump astronomically,  there is no logical way any sports league at any level could justify playing any games. Fans or no fans, doesn't matter.

17 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Gobert may survive corona, but that post corona beatdown gonna be legendary

Yeah, he's a colossal dumbass, but if not him, it would've been someone else (and probably is).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

I think they are all hoping like the rest of us that this is seasonal and that once it warms up the threat will be gone. 

Isn't China fairly warm?

I've never been there, so... Could be wrong.

26 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Isn't China fairly warm?

I've never been there, so... Could be wrong.

Honestly I have no idea but I did a quick google and it seems their season vary like ours. Brutal summers to freezing winters, all dependent on where exactly you are since the country is so huge. Also I think their problems were compounded by the people per square foot thing they have going on there. You cough, someone is catching it. 

I dont know any of this for sure to be honest with you 

• 2 weeks later...

Sources: Big3 plans to launch quarantined tournament in April in response to coronavirus sports hiatus

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-big-3-plans-to-launch-quarantined-tournament-in-april-in-response-to-coronavirus-sports-hiatus-190821749.html

The preseason tournament will feature 16 to 22 players from The Big3 who are negative for the coronavirus, and they will be quarantined in Los Angeles, sources said. 

Former NBA standouts such as Joe Johnson, Zach Randolph and Greg Oden could participate in the tournament, but many details need to be worked out.

To assure the league is operating under safe conditions, players will be quarantined in a large home provided by the league, sources said. A basketball court/facility will be built on site. If a player breaks quarantine at any point during the tournament, he would be eliminated and removed from the premises, sources said. 

The games and the players’ daily lives will be captured on camera for added drama and storylines. The production crew would be stationed nearby but offsite from the players.  

There would be seven rounds of games, with teammates reshuffling after the first round. When a player accumulates three losses, he is eliminated. Cash prizes totaling millions of dollars will be awarded for first-, second- and third-place individual winners.