Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

no, that is just ridiculous. it's downright blasphemy.

Batman has been trained to physical perfection and has reached master level at every martial art in the world. On top of that, he is a genius. 

If both are locked away from their tech and resources, Bruce Wayne would kill Tony Stark in .2 seconds while Tony Stark was still trying to build something to make himself useful. 

Batman is probably the world's deadliest human even without his suit and gadgets. Tony Stark is basically just an alcoholic asshole without his. Or worse, he's just Mark Cuban.  Sure he could build something eventually but he's entirely impotent without his resources and technology where Batman is not. You don't think Bruce Wayne could put together something to make him even more dangerous too?

This is a joke and i'm offended i even had to respond to. They should be ashamed of themselves for even having that conversation. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Batman got smoked by a dude whose superpower was riddles.

He also was a rival to a fat guy that dressed like a penguin, a lady in a cat suit, a lady that dressed like a plant, and his protege was a boy in tights.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

You saw Iron Man 3 right?  Tony Stark is a beast in any situation.

That was arguable the worst Marvel movie, without the IronMan suite, Bruce Wayne would kill Tony Stark without even trying, that was one of Momma's main point, and he's right.

Please, NBA, hurry the F up, folks starting to crack in here.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, daveakl said:

Listening to everyone talk today, I have serious doubts that the NHL or NBA playoffs actually happen.

I don't think anyone wants to admit that the whole year is shot even though we half way through it now. 

I liked the island idea for them to play at, but starting this late affects the start of next season.

The safe thing to do is let it go and take the L.  Indefinitely all the sudden becomes a different word to different people, so if we can avoid that, we should.

Edited by Renegade7

37 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

You saw Iron Man 3 right?  Tony Stark is a beast in any situation.

As I typed that post I thought you might respond and then when I saw you had, I excitedly expected 6 paragraphs on the history of Iron Man’s villains and how they contrast with Batman’s. I was looking forward to learning. Your brevity surprises me but these are busy times so I understand. 

That said, yes, I saw IM3. Aside from it sucking, Stark didn’t really do anything but sneak into a compound and then still needed his Iron Man gloves to escape. He was captured and would have been offed easily without them. Had that happened to Batman, he'd have killed himself over the shame. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't think anyone wants to admit that the whole year is shot even though we half way through it now. 

I liked the island idea for them to play at, but starting this late affects the start of next season.

The safe thing to do is let it go and take the L.  Indefinitely all the sudden becomes a different word to different people, so if we can avoid that, we should.

That and there are a bunch of people that aren't super thrilled with the idea of living in a hotel for weeks on end.  Imagine you are playing for the right to lose in the 1st round against the Bucks.  Do you really want to ramp up now for a training camp, play some games, then lose in 4 or 5 and go home?  Is the risk worth the reward? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

But when all it takes is 4 wins, for some teams that shouldn't even be there, it really does seem like the chance of a lifetime 

I get what you are saying but the players are pretty realistic about their chances and there are more then you think not wanting to do this.

10 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

That was arguable the worst Marvel movie, without the IronMan suite, Bruce Wayne would kill Tony Stark without even trying, that was one of Momma's main point, and he's right.

Worst Marvel movie or worst Marvel Studios movie?

I think the answer is neither.  Hulk is definitely the worst Marvel Studios movie IMO, followed by Thor 2 and the GOTG movies.  The GOTG movies were well received at the time of release but they were overrated IMO, and they are cringey now.  I only enjoyed rewatching them because of the visual effects and because Chris Pratt is an extremely charismatic star and Dave Bautista is genuinely funny, plus John C Reilly has a fun small part and I love that guy.  The rest of the movies are painful.  They're for kids and they're not going to hold up as well as most of the other Marvel movies over time.

Thor 2 was just convoluted and messy.  Alan Taylor is an incredible small screen director.  His episodes of Deadwood and Mad Men are arguably the best in each series and some of the best TV drama ever created, but I wonder if his style just doesn't really translate well to a blockbuster action film franchise.  He tried to thread too many needles with Thor 2 and didn't do enough character study to make a memorable movie.  A difficult to follow plot that hinges on paying attention to breezy explanations of obscure canon just doesn't work well for a Marvel movie.  Cynical to admit this, but you have to talk down to the audience a little, and that movie didn't.  And we didn't learn anything new about Thor, Loki, or Odin and Malakith was a forgettable villain with obscure motivations and no defining character traits.  Also feels like the movie missed a major opportunity with Jane Foster.  She drove the plot by acquiring the MacGuffin and Natalie Portman is a major star capable of carrying her own movie, and Jane Foster even becomes Thor at one point in the comics.  This should have been an interesting Jane Foster movie, but she's just a bland Mary Sue and plot device.  Thor 2 is a much bigger failure than any of the Iron Man movies IMO.  It's not a bad superhero movie in a vacuum though.  Better than most of the garbage that Fox and DC have churned out.

Iron Man 3 is actually pretty good.  It's definitely a Shane Black movie and you have to appreciate his style to get it.  One of the things that's kept the Marvel Studios movies fresh through 22 freaking films is that the studio gives their filmmakers a free hand to imprint their personal style on their projects.  A consequence of that is stylistic changes between the movies in the franchise can be jarring when they change directors.  So Iron Man 3 is a Shane Black movie rather than a John Favreau movie, and I guess people really don't like that.  But take it on its own merits and it's strong.  The plot works.  The characters just work.  Black gets really good work out of RDJ and I think it was the most quick-witted Marvel Studios movie.  You just have to be willing to roll your eyes and play along with some Shane Black artifices that can deliberately break the spell to deliver jokes, but are a signature of his style.

Anyway, Tony Stark would never kill Batman in a hypothetical fight because he's a true hero who, unlike Batman, went through a proper growth arc from selfish and sheltered dilettante robber baron to introspective and selfless genius and founding father of the greatest heroic institution in comic book canon.

Edited by stevemcqueen1
  • Thanks 1

@stevemcqueen1

It's been a while, but reminded again that just because you write a dissertation on something doesn't make you right : )

Calling GOTG cringeworthy should be automatic flagrant 2, bruh. Bruce Wayne is more athletic then Tony Stark and would crush him in basketball, too.

So let's bring this back home for a sec, I'm not convinced Batman would beat Spiderman in a one on one pick up game, no web or tools.

Starting 5 of Marvel hero's to play a starting 5 of DC hero's. 

No super obscure and they can use their powers but they have to play within the rules of basketball (i.e. Dr Strange can't mind bend himself from spot to spot on offense since that would be traveling)

Edited by daveakl

15 minutes ago, daveakl said:

Starting 5 of Marvel hero's to play a starting 5 of DC hero's. 

With a requirement to fit inside the court and no flying, right?

@Mr. Sinister does "when life gives you lemons" fit into any of the stages of grief? 

Asking for a friend, sounds like acceptance to me.

Here I am, Wizards fan with my team in the quarantine version of Mortal Kombat no one wants to go to at 16 games under .500, yet Wall won't play despite being, *checks notes, 110% healthy.

This is the offseason we all saw coming even though we didn't want to admit it.  You'll be making Dragonball Z references before this is over, whenever that is. Don't forget the sugar and water, or your lemonade is going to suck : )

CapitalDeadAnemone-size_restricted.gif

Edited by Renegade7

19 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Bats always struck me as more of a backbreaking mma tank. A little stiff, athletically. Spidey got handles, and the strength to body him in the paint.

I cant believe I'm doing this

Safe to say that Spidey would have a lethally quick crossover.  Add a dose of of “Spidey Sense” and Bruce Wayne would check himself straight into photographers row.

Game over.

28 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Safe to say that Spidey would have a lethally quick crossover.  Add a dose of of “Spidey Sense” and Bruce Wayne would check himself straight into photographers row.

Game over.

That video I posted was disappointing, it's so obvious it was just skins on top of custom players.  That should've been an epic ass whopping.

"Swear to me you won't come in the paint with that weak **** no more, Tony."

"Tap me in, Mr. Stark, I got this."

912193689_images(11).jpeg.ea7e0b19034600bd02a3023033794416.jpeg

I'm done if I'll are, I'm more excited for the Mystics then Wizards at this point, this offseason has been better then our regular season, we needed a mercy killing badly before something crazy like Beal got hurt.

Edited by Renegade7