Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

On 8/3/2020 at 7:02 PM, abdcskins said:

Best part of no crowds, no stupid photographers 2 feet from the baseline waiting for players to step on and injure themselves. 

I just wish they had replaced the crowd with ads and done away with commercials, like they do in soccer.  Commercial breaks are a cancer on sport, and everyone pretends they don’t exist.  Announcers and fans alike will say things like “that last timeout slowed their scoring run” but ignore that there were two tv timeouts during that same scoring run.  It’s ridiculous.  

/rant

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Destino said:

I just wish they had replaced the crowd with ads and done away with commercials, like they do in soccer.  Commercial breaks are a cancer on sport, and everyone pretends they don’t exist.  Announcers and fans alike will say things like “that last timeout slowed their scoring run” but ignore that there were two tv timeouts during that same scoring run.  It’s ridiculous.  

/rant

It was so bad one year (in the NFL, during RG's rookie year) where they were literally going to commercials in between plays. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It was so bad one year (in the NFL, during RG's rookie year) where they were literally going to commercials in between plays. 

The best is the commercial break, punt, commercial break, 1 play, time out (commercial break).  

The NBA can get that way in the final two minutes with all the timeouts too.  

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Omg, I remember that. (The only advantage was I got just an extra minute to run around the house screaming HEISMAN TROPHY, BABY! WE GOT HIM!)

I wasted a lot of energy that season. :ols:

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Omg, I remember that. (The only advantage was I got just an extra minute to run around the house screaming HEISMAN TROPHY, BABY! WE GOT HIM!)

I wasted a lot of energy that season. :ols:

Wish there was a way to auto-detect commercials and turn away, immediate auto-flipping back once the commercials are over.

Until that illegal ( because there's no way these companies would legally allow it) technology arrives,  my extraordinary sense of timing will have to do :)

15 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Wish there was a way to auto-detect commercials and turn away, immediate auto-flipping back once the commercials are over.

Until that illegal ( because there's no way these companies would legally allow it) technology arrives,  my extraordinary sense of timing will have to do :)

That's what I love, I can pause for as long as necessary, hops are 30 seconds forward, 10 seconds back. I can zoom thru my soaps because I know the timing of the ads after 20 years of taping them on VHS. 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

How are the Lakers gonna win this thing with no 3 point shooters?

Put real fans in the bubble, so Danny Green can feed off their energy and get his powers back.

Dude couldn't ****in' miss back in '14. So infuriating that now he wants to play like ass. Could've used that **** before

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I don’t care if the Lakers make it to the finals, I just need them to meet the Clippers in the playoffs at some point, with both teams healthy.  Let’s face it, that’s the match NBA fans have wanted most all season long.

• Like 1