Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Stern screwed the Clippers by not letting the Kevin Garnett for Deandre Jordan trade go through when they got Doc Rivers. Jordan is so overrated it's not even funny. Some highlight plays here and there while having a low BBall IQ and poor fundamentals.

Joey Crawford as usual called a bunch of quick fouls on a Miami Heat opponent early in the game letting them take over once Noah and Deng had to sit early. 

Lol. It only took one game for someone to start complaining about the refs.

Rose was "crossed" even though he's supposed to go over the top of the Birdman pick because Cole's a threat from 3.  He's supposed to funnel Cole baseline into Nazr who was there.  But 1) Nazr should have come out a little bit more and 2) Rose shouldn't have bit on the pick that drastically, which gave Cole tons of open room since Nazr didn't step up much.

The Heat bench destroyed the Bulls bench.  There were a lot of simple errors from the Bulls bench when contesting 3's, such as two guys both jumping out on Ray Allen when only one of them should have.  Made a lot of easy swings and open looks for the Heat bench.  Ray Allen had like 7 or 8 assists from defender mistakes.

I recall the Bulls made those defensive mistakes a lot early last season, specifically Marco Bellineli.  It took him awhile to understand who should contest what and where he should stand if he's not contesting.

Lack of scoring is going to kill the Bulls.  Didn't realize it until last night, but the loss of Nate Robinson is going to catch up with them at some point. 

He wouldn't have worked on this new Bulls team.  He was already getting a bit grumpy when he didn't get enough minutes.  With Rose back, Nate would be one unhappy player.  I'm not saying Nate's a bad team guy, I'm just saying he wants to play.  I don't think he wanted to re-sign with the Bulls.

Edited by Alcoholic Zebra

Rose was "crossed" even though he's supposed to go over the top of the Birdman pick because Cole's a threat from 3.  He's supposed to funnel Cole baseline into Nazr who was there.  But 1) Nazr should have come out a little bit more and 2) Rose shouldn't have bit on the pick that drastically, which gave Cole tons of open room since Nazr didn't step up much.

The Heat bench destroyed the Bulls bench.  There were a lot of simple errors from the Bulls bench when contesting 3's, such as two guys both jumping out on Ray Allen when only one of them should have.  Made a lot of easy swings and open looks for the Heat bench.  Ray Allen had like 7 or 8 assists from defender mistakes.

I recall the Bulls made those defensive mistakes a lot early last season, specifically Marco Bellineli.  It took him awhile to understand who should contest what and where he should stand if he's not contesting.

He wouldn't have worked on this new Bulls team.  He was already getting a bit grumpy when he didn't get enough minutes.  With Rose back, Nate would be one unhappy player.  I'm not saying Nate's a bad team guy, I'm just saying he wants to play.  I don't think he wanted to re-sign with the Bulls.

Deng and Butler (best two perimeter defenders) were out with foul trouble.

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Not far off a quadruple double. 22 points 12 assists 7 rebounds 9 steals. That is a hell of a performance and against the Heat no less.

That was arguably even more impressive than Wall's first home game when he had a 29-13-9 steals stat line.

Right now MCW doesn't know what he doesn't know yet, so he's going out and just playing on instinct and athleticism.  He's going to ambush people until they figure out what he is.  Then the wall comes.  It's going to be fun to watch him in the meantime.  It'll serve Philly right too if he ends up being good right off the bat and they finish with like a 7th pick.

Houston is going to play basketball like something out of a SORM conference fever dream. Everybody on that team does 2 things well and they are coached to only do those two things. Also, you had better bring your jump shot every time you play them. There is going to be no room in the paint against them.

Doesn't a really terrible team beat a really good team right out of the gate every season? I seem to remember the first Post-Lebron Cleveland team beating someone really good the first week. And the Wizards seem to have a traditional annihilation of a contender every November.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

Why is the NBA suddenly trying to get rid of hesitation dribbles?  People have been palming the ball when they dribble all the time for nearly 30 years.

People like watching great ball handlers do their thing and get themselves open.  My grandpa was the only one complaining about palming.  His generation is the only one that preferred watching guys slap the ball down the court with wooden, shoulder high dribbles.