Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

What the hell Bargnani?!   :lol:

Bahahaha!

So much more goofy crap like that happens in NBA games than the average viewer picks up on. I'm thankful for .gif technology bringing moments like that into the zeitgeist.

Bargnani is such a useless player. That dude can thank Dirk Nowitzki for all the money he's ever made in the NBA. The Knicks made an awful decision to trade for him. Predicated by the godawful situation with Amar'e. They'd have been better off keeping Steve Novak. The situation with JR Smith isn't great either. They're overpaying Tyson Chandler. And the folly is probably going to continue when they deal off Iman Shumpert.

That organization is a mess. Running on a hamster wheel. If I were Carmelo I would get the hell out of NY this summer. He will never win a championship there. He's already made a ton of money and he'll make a ton more where ever he goes, I'd pack up and head for Chicago or Dallas or Houston.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

It seems like everyone is now jumping on the "Brad Stevens is a Genius" bandwagon, which seems premature. Then again, he went to back to back title games with freaking Butler.

I think the big difference between him and some other college coaches who couldn't make the leap to the NBA is that he never became a name like Calipari or Pitino or whoever. He wasn't getting called a genius by Vitale once a week in January and he wasn't speaking at CEO conventions. So, I don't think he has the ego to think "This worked in the A-10 so it is going to work in the NBA and if it doesn't, the players are the problem."

I thought for sure that the Celtics were going to deal Rondo this year, but what if they are hanging around .500 when he comes back? What does this team look like with real PG play? 

Also, don't Rondo and Stevens seem like a match made in Heaven?

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

Hibbert's coaches from G-Town through Indy deserve a ton of credit for his development.  I don't know if you all remember, but he might have been the most uncoordinated 7 footer to enter college basketball in the history of the sport.  The fluid athlete you see now is a complete 180 from where he was about 8-9 years ago. 

Rudy Gay - SMH...

Brandon Jennings - you have one of the best front courts in the NBA.  Stop shooting.  Use your bigs. 

Brandon Jennings - you have one of the best front courts in the NBA.  Stop shooting.  Use your bigs.

this is all Joe Dumars being a terrible GM

Josh Smith and Jennings were bad signings because they will take shots away from Monroe and slow down Drummond's development.

and Rudy Gay and DeMar DeRozan were on some other stuff last night. Unbelievable. 17-62 combined last night. Toronto going hard for the #1 pick.

Hibbert's coaches from G-Town through Indy deserve a ton of credit for his development.  I don't know if you all remember, but he might have been the most uncoordinated 7 footer to enter college basketball in the history of the sport.  The fluid athlete you see now is a complete 180 from where he was about 8-9 years ago. 

JTIII did an amazing job with him. The idea that he thrived in the "Princeton" offense which requires a center to move and pass is incredible considering where he started.

That's the thing with centers - you have to coach them. It's the hardest thing to do in basketball and is probably why the US doesn't produce many great centers any longer.

Wing guys often just need to be tweaked or corralled. Lebron could have been in an NBA all-star game at age 17. Hibbert could barely run up the court at that point.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

I think the big difference between him and some other college coaches who couldn't make the leap to the NBA is that he never became a name like Calipari or Pitino or whoever. He wasn't getting called a genius by Vitale once a week in January and he wasn't speaking at CEO conventions. So, I don't think he has the ego to think "This worked in the A-10 so it is going to work in the NBA and if it doesn't, the players are the problem."

he was called a genius, tbf and was a big college name. he just never left Butler.

I think the big difference with him is that he actually knows how to coach and didnt rely on talent. A lot of college coaches struggle with that when they come to the NBA. HE has difference offensive schemes and his Butler teams could defend man to man.

Knicks really are the gift that keeps on giving.  LOL. 

That team is a mess and a joke.  I mean, they REALLY do it to themselves. 

I think Love will do one of two things...

1)  Re-sign w. Minnesota - and if they keep improving, he'll have every reason to stay there

2)  Sign somewhere on the West Coast. 

I personally think he'll stick it out in Minnesota. 

If Minnesota keeps winning he'll stay. They're off to a good start. If they make the playoffs the next two years I think he'll sign a long deal there. If they don't, I think he leaves.

Does Minny still have their five year deal to give?

Love would be a nice fit in DC. He'd have his dad's legacy and the fans here already like him. He'd have good teammates and the roster certainly has room for a superstar PF like him. He could legitimately contend for titles with Wall and Beal.

Yeah, Dumars makes some head-scratchers...Josh Smith is a better passer than I realized, but he does jack-up shots more often than not...

Wow, what's up w/ the Jazz?  Never expected them to make noise, but they are still winless.  Also, Hayword looks yoked-up now, def been hitting the weights.

The Jazz are running a day care. Like the Wizards did before they got Nene, Ariza, Okafor, and Webster. Young teams lose and the Jazz have no legitimate vets any more. Gordon Heyward and Derrick Favors are the closest thing they've got to seasoned vets and Hayward is 23 and Favors is 22. Alec Burks is 22 and not particularly good. Rudy Gobert and Enes Kanter and Trey Burke are 21. Those are their core players. They've got a completely washed up John Lucas and Richard Jefferson running around, but both are terrible. This is probably the NBA's worst team this season.

If Minnesota keeps winning he'll stay. They're off to a good start. If they make the playoffs the next two years I think he'll sign a long deal there. If they don't, I think he leaves.

Does Minny still have their five year deal to give?

Love would be a nice fit in DC. He'd have his dad's legacy and the fans here already like him. He'd have good teammates and the roster certainly has room for a superstar PF like him. He could legitimately contend for titles with Wall and Beal.

Kevin Love fits just about anywhere.  What team wouldn't want a PF that is among the best scorers, passers, and rebounders at his position?  He'd upgrade the Heat if he replaced Bosh.  He'd upgrade the HELL out of the Heat if he replaced Bosh now that I think about it.  

The Jazz are running a day care. Like the Wizards did before they got Nene, Ariza, Okafor, and Webster. Young teams lose and the Jazz have no legitimate vets any more. Gordon Heyward and Derrick Favors are the closest thing they've got to seasoned vets and Hayward is 23 and Favors is 22. Alec Burks is 22 and not particularly good. Rudy Gobert and Enes Kanter and Trey Burke are 21. Those are their core players. They've got a completely washed up John Lucas and Richard Jefferson running around, but both are terrible. This is probably the NBA's worst team this season.

I call this the Tim Floyd Effect. 

If you go back and look, those early 2000s Bulls teams that won 18 games a year had a ton of young talent walk through their doors. But everyone was 20 years old and nobody developed there. I think Cleveland is dangerously close to this problem right now - though the guys on that team seem to be professionals at least. Anthony Bennett is pretty raw and I'm not sure they can develop him while still trying to push all the other youngsters on that team up a level. They are already doing the "He didn't play because he was <air quotes> injured" thing.

Kevin Love fits just about anywhere.  What team wouldn't want a PF that is among the best scorers, passers, and rebounders at his position?  He'd upgrade the Heat if he replaced Bosh.  He'd upgrade the HELL out of the Heat if he replaced Bosh now that I think about it.  

I dunno. Bosh is asked to do a lot of unreasonable things on defense that I don't think Love is capable of doing. Offensively, it would be an upgrade, but that team is simultaneously great defensively while hanging on by an absolute thread. Love for Bosh would be a disaster on that end.

Aside from that....yea....nearly every team would be deadly with Kevin Love.

I think he sticks in Minny though. 

I call this the Tim Floyd Effect. 

If you go back and look, those early 2000s Bulls teams that won 18 games a year had a ton of young talent walk through their doors. But everyone was 20 years old and nobody developed there. I think Cleveland is dangerously close to this problem right now - though the guys on that team seem to be professionals at least. Anthony Bennett is pretty raw and I'm not sure they can develop him while still trying to push all the other youngsters on that team up a level. They are already doing the "He didn't play because he was <air quotes> injured" thing.

I dunno. Bosh is asked to do a lot of unreasonable things on defense that I don't think Love is capable of doing. Offensively, it would be an upgrade, but that team is simultaneously great defensively while hanging on by an absolute thread. Love for Bosh would be a disaster on that end.

Aside from that....yea....nearly every team would be deadly with Kevin Love.

I think he sticks in Minny though. 

bingo sir

anybody else not surprised by Brooklyn's struggles? 

They made a huge mistake with Kidd as the head coach.  I just can't see the wisdom in putting a brand spanking new head coach in charge of all of those veterans.  I think they will improve as time goes on though, they have a ton of pride and talent on that roster.