Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

So how many games will it take for the number 1 overall pick, Anthiny Bennett, to hit a shot? He's played 51 minutes total in 4 games and taken 15 shots. 0-15.

That's going to be an entertaining game. Philly has been very watchable.

I looked at the box score, Spencer Hawes is listed with an unbelievable +/- of -41. That has to be a reporting error or some kind of mistake right? Edited by Destino

So how many games will it take for the number 1 overall pick, Anthiny Bennett, to hit a shot? He's played 51 minutes total in 4 games and taken 15 shots. 0-15.

I looked at the box score, Spencer Hawes is listed with an unbelievable +/- of -41. That has to be a reporting error or some kind of mistake right?

That is a special type of terrible. Goddamn

Warriors are the definition of basketball fun right now.  Look at this:

http://hardwoodparoxysm.com/gifs/IGGYBEHINDTHEBACKWHATTHEWHAT_1.gif

Jesus Iggoudala.

I'm jumping on the Warriors bandwagon too.

I was thinking to myself, "Iggy, Lee, Curry, Bogut... How is Golden State affording all of these guys?"

But look at their payroll, it's pretty amazing.  They got Iggy on a great deal.  Lee has become a very good contract.  And Curry has got to be the biggest bargain on a second contract in the NBA.  They were unbelievably fortunate to lock him in at the number they did right before he blew up into a superstar.

The only thing I worry about is that new Bogut extension.  3 years, 12 million per.  That's a lot of money for him.  I guess they really didn't have many options.  They need a C to give that team defensive credibility, and keeping Bogut meant they could go over the cap to sign their C.  It's a risky extension though.  And it puts them close to the tax line.

They're still good salary wise, but it is going to make keeping Klay Thompson difficult when its extension time for him.  The Warriors might have to trade David Lee that year.

Another question: what's the plan with Harrison Barnes?  They've got Iggy for several years and Thompson seems like a much bigger part of their plans.  There aren't going to be many minutes at SF for Barnes and Lee is their PF.  They should trade him.

• Like 1

I know I am not an NBA player, but if I shot 15 shots, with somebody checking me, with my eyes close, I'll probably make at least one of them lol

Warriors are the definition of basketball fun right now.  Look at this:

http://hardwoodparoxysm.com/gifs/IGGYBEHINDTHEBACKWHATTHEWHAT_1.gif

The only thing that would have made that sweeter is if it was a bounce pass.

LeBron got dunked on again lol

Yeah but it was by a center and these days it's almost impressive that he challenged it. Most would just duck out of the way trying to avoid getting the supporting role in the sportscenter highlight. Edited by Destino

It was a pretty weak dunk, and Lebron was just coming over to help but was too late.  Still, I enjoy seeing James get schwammed on.  :)

Gonna be a long season for Denver.  George Karl built that team to run, and Brian Shaw is trying to incorporate a halfcourt offense.  Nuggets simply don't have the personnel to do that. 

Hibbert was incredible in the postseason.  He's the best player on the Pacers.  I wonder how much of his postseason play will carry over into the regular season?  He was scoring in the playoffs.  He has the ability and he seems to have the blessing of Tim Duncan to be his heir.  The only other guy in the league as big as him is Brook Lopez.  Those guys can dominate if they stay healthy.

It was a pretty weak dunk, and Lebron was just coming over to help but was too late.  Still, I enjoy seeing James get schwammed on.  :)

Gonna be a long season for Denver.  George Karl built that team to run, and Brian Shaw is trying to incorporate a halfcourt offense.  Nuggets simply don't have the personnel to do that. 

And Shaw is an absolute idiot for even considering it.   Denver has the best natural home court advantage in the NBA.  They would have the best home court advantage if they played in an empty arena.  The thin air at that altitude just kills the stamina of visiting teams, who can't adjust to it in just one or two days visiting.  Any Denver coach who doesn't have his team run like mad to wear down the opponent is wasting that natural advantage.   

Lol LeBron's my favorite player, but a Dunk on is a Dunk on weak or not. But i like the fact that hes not afraid to try and block it, unlike most players. 

As much as a like the warriors, especially Curry's sexy jumpshot, I just dont seem them having enough of a low post presence to advance far in the playoffs, no disrespect to David Lee or Bogut. BUT if Bogut gets back to form, like the way he was playing with the Bucks, they definitely have a shot at the finals, no joke.