Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

7 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

He won’t do it in the okayoffs

Agreed, but will he do it in the playoffs? ? Remains to be seen.

I think this is his year though. He'll win MVP comfortably, and at the very least, HOU/GS may be one of those once every 7-8 years kind of series'

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Why does Harden get away with initiating contact and shoving the defender on every damn play though?

That's my thought.  It isn't like he broke his ankles.  If I were the ref after he paused, I would have blown the whistle and called the offensive foul.

Does everyone realize that my beloved Rockets are 30-1 when Paul, Harden, and Capella play together?

I know all you virgins are going to scream "playoffs!" but this is a historically great season, and this is arguably the best team in the league since the 2010 Magic.

The one trap that I've seen the Warriors fall into over the past few seasons is getting suckered into some kind of trick shot contest instead of an actual basketball game. And, frankly, I like the Rockets if that happens in a series.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Does everyone realize that my beloved Rockets are 30-1 when Paul, Harden, and Capella play together?

Hardens move was so good it made Frontrunner's_kid_brother claim a team.  

I know all you virgins are going to scream "playoffs!" but this is a historically great season, and this is arguably the best team in the league since the 2010 Magic.

Solid tailgate reference.  

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

That was pretty nasty 

That was a retirement party.  Wesley Johnson must now find out what other interests he has in life, because he can never touch a basketball again.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

NBA refs don't call blatant offensive fouls on stars.

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

That's my thought.  It isn't like he broke his ankles.  If I were the ref after he paused, I would have blown the whistle and called the offensive foul.

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Why does Harden get away with initiating contact and shoving the defender on every damn play though?

That's not an offensive foul.  There's no rule that says you can't use a quick shrug, without extending an arm, to knock a mans soul right out of his physical body.  Good no call.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Destino said:

That's not an offensive foul.  There's no rule that says you can't use a quick shrug, without extending an arm, to knock a mans soul right out of his physical body.  Good no call.  

Shoving a defender who is in front of you down with your forearm is an offensive foul.  That play was an offensive foul and a travel.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

73-9.  Why would you compare yourself to a Magic team that didn't win a championship?

It was a reference to McD5. A Tailgate legend, who was renowned for terrible financial advice and a weirdly homoerotic fascination with Dwight Howard and Brandon Bass. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

73-9.  Why would you compare yourself to a Magic team that didn't win a championship?

I'll expand on what No Excuses started, McD5 used to post here and now serves as a cautionary tale for those peering into the numbers and seeing only what they wish to be true.  He dove into the stats for his beloved Magic team and somehow became convinced that they were one of the best teams in NBA history.  This discovery he presented earnestly to the internet here, in our wonderful little NBA thread, and things went as badly as one would expect. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

He doesn't in the playoffs and thats why his teams always suck there.

They'll make the WCF and get rocked by the Dubs in 5.

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

this is arguably the best team in the league since the 2010 Magic.

Tempting the bball gods with that. McD was never the same afterwards. Don't put that evil on these young guns...

*Pours some sage, to counter said evil*