Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

10 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Didn't one of those series end in a sweep with Lebron getting what is still the only buzzer beating layup off a crossover that has ever happened in the history of basketball?

The only thing I clearly remember about the play is that it triggered something like a 5,000 word post on FreeDarko the next day with a headline like "Lebron is an Axiom."

I loved FreeDarko without ever understanding a word they wrote.

:rofl89: It's kinda the insecure kid in class that gets the kick me sign on his back mercifully removed by the hottest girl in the school, and him going "Man, she So wants me!"

17 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I'm disappointed in the level of moral cowardice in the Wizards fan base.

I believe we can win (said that multiple times).  I wouldn't call anyone else cowards for disagreeing with me.

Edited by Renegade7

44 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Our rivalry with Boston is dead.  They traded their whole team away and the only one left to hate is Smart, who is like their seventh most important player.  It was fun for like the one and a half seasons it lasted.

I can mobilize behind a Toronto rivalry.  Really it's just fun to hate Kyle Lowry, one of the NBA's bigger tools.  But right now there's no heat between the teams.  It'll take a nasty playoff series to get it.

I really dont like DeRozan either to be honest. I remember him getting mad and swinging on Otto a few years back cause he strapped him up for a series when he was hyped as the most gifted scorer in the game. Put the clamps on that ass and he got so mad he tried to fight in the 4th game of a sweep. Chump ****. That whole team is full of chumps. I like them about as I like ATL phoney asses. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

As for Cleveland, I think they may just look at these last several weeks and just experiment, with Lue configuring and tinkering with the lineup to get the right mix once the playoffs start. Then, unless they really start clicking with Love back, or y'all start getting super hot with Wall, I feel like this is destiny.

You are going to have to vanquish two dudes you have probably thrown voodoo darts at for about the last decade, in LeBron and Kyrie. 

So you're thinking that Indy pulls ahead for the third seed and Cavs fall to four with Wizards falling to five?

That would be the nightmare scenario.  I'd actually advocate for tanking to get the sixth if it started playing out that way.  But as is, I think it's going to be a scrum between Indy and Cleveland for the rest of the season and we're not going to know who gets that three seed until the end.

Neither Kyrie nor Boston really scare me, although Kyrie is good in the playoffs.  And at the end of the day, I don't think we're going to play them because I believe Toronto will hang on for the one seed and I don't think the Wizards will get the three seed.  I think Cleveland is going to mow Boston down in the second.

LeBron scares me.  He's transcendent and, when the playoffs start, he's going to show us once again that he hasn't aged.  He doesn't age and he doesn't get hurt.

Milwaukee and Philly kind of scare me too.  Philly a little less so, but Embiid is also a transcendent player and their size is overwhelming.  I know Milwaukee is scuffling, but I think Giannis is going to go nuclear once the playoffs start.  They are really hard to beat when he does that.

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I really dont like DeRozan either to be honest. I remember him getting mad and swinging on Otto a few years back cause he strapped him up for a series when he was hyped as the most gifted scorer in the game. Put the clamps on that ass and he got so mad he tried to fight in the 4th game of a sweep. Chump ****. That whole team is full of chumps. I like them about as I like ATL phoney asses. 

I like your fire.  Personally I don't feel that way with DeRozan.  He seems like a decent guy and I've never really felt he was overrated.  He's not the flopper and whiner that Lowry is, and he's not a dirty player.  Although I will say I can't stand watching him in All Star games because it's all mid range nonsense rather than running the floor for dunks.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Holy ****. Please do yourselves a favor and read this.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/steve-francis-i-got-a-story-to-tell/

Steve Francis: I Got a Story to Tell

Damn, that was awesome. I always wondered what happened to him, too. Definitely. I actually worked briefly with a dude (drug dealer by night type of deal) that knew him (or said he did anyway).

Franchise was definitely one of those dudes I'll have fond memories of. It just seemed so short lived though. A lot of dudes were flaming out around that time, and a lot of new dudes were starting to make their mark (Paul Pierce, McGrady, Kobe, etc). I think he just got caught up in the wash, and once that trade happened, it seemed like it was all over.

Interesting story. And the snippet from the airplane convos he had with Hakeem had me rolling.

31 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

So you're thinking that Indy pulls ahead for the third seed and Cavs fall to four with Wizards falling to five?

That would be the nightmare scenario.  I'd actually advocate for tanking to get the sixth if it started playing out that way.  But as is, I think it's going to be a scrum between Indy and Cleveland for the rest of the season and we're not going to know who gets that three seed until the end.

Neither Kyrie nor Boston really scare me, although Kyrie is good in the playoffs.  And at the end of the day, I don't think we're going to play them because I believe Toronto will hang on for the one seed and I don't think the Wizards will get the three seed.  I think Cleveland is going to mow Boston down in the second.

LeBron scares me.  He's transcendent and, when the playoffs start, he's going to show us once again that he hasn't aged.  He doesn't age and he doesn't get hurt.

Milwaukee and Philly kind of scare me too.  Philly a little less so, but Embiid is also a transcendent player and their size is overwhelming.  I know Milwaukee is scuffling, but I think Giannis is going to go nuclear once the playoffs start.  They are really hard to beat when he does that.

Yeah, 4/5. I don't really know what will happen in the East in terms of outcomes in the matchups, except for LeBron, who will do LeBron things. I wanna say Philly may go on one of sneaky GS '07 kind of unexpected runs. They could certainly bother the hell out of any of the likely top 3 seeds. But they're still too young.

This will be fun though, probably for the first time in God knows how long

19 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

This will be fun though, probably for the first time in God knows how long

This has got to be the field's best chance at unseasting LeBron since he went to Miami.  But I still think he's going to go to the Finals.  I definitely don't see him losing to us in the first round.  We've avoided LeBron in the first two rounds of the last three playoff trips we've made.  I suppose we're due to play him this year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Right?

Believe it to achieve it, McQueen. 

We won't stand a chance if Wall isn't healthy, but if he is, we're the better team even if we don't have the best player on the floor.  I'll revisit any type of bet when the playoffs start, I'm open to not posting on extremeskins PERIOD until the NBA playoffs end if we lose if anyone is interested (so one cannot defend themselves)

Edited by Renegade7

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He can’t be bargained with. He can’t be reasoned with. He doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until your team is photoshopped into fishing hats alongside Erneh and Chuck .

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

We won't stand a chance if Wall isn't healthy, but if he is, we're the better team even if we don't have the best player on the floor.  I'll revisit any type of bet when the playoffs start, I'm open to not posting on extremeskins PERIOD until the NBA playoffs end if we lose if anyone is interested (so one cannot defend themselves)

Thats understandable. I totally didn't mean that, btw. McQueen knows the end is nigh, and has accepted his fate.

He knows this is all futile.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Thats understandable. I totally didn't mean that, btw. McQueen knows the end is nigh, and has accepted his fate.

He knows this is all futile.

That's fine, and I'm trying not to take to heart LBK calling him or any of us Moral Cowards.  We just disagree on this one, that's going to happen from time to time.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

That's fine, and I'm trying not to take to heart LBK calling him or any of us Moral Cowards.  We just disagree on this one, that's going to happen from time to time.

It's easy for LKB to talk.  Houston right now looks like the 2014-2015 Warriors - young, talented, hungry, and seemingly inevitable. 

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'll be rooting for you all in spirit if the Miraculous does indeed come. The Reign of terror was fine when it was on my behalf, but now someone must remove him from the Hardwood Throne.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

God you are so meek. 

Don't let the sweet talk, caviar and 30 Ferraris  fool you. Predicto is ferocious underneath. You gotta read his posts with the Luther anger translator.

Pretty much said Harden aint ****, and they're gonna create their own secret passageway when GS digs deep in that ass...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Predicto is ferocious underneath. You gotta read his posts with the Luther anger translator.

Unless you say something stupid about the Death Penalty like I did, Luther had to calm his *** down.  @Predicto  I was convinced after Trump won and you disappeared that you were somewhere pulling giant tires with metal chains on some Batman vs Superman ****.  Tell me I'm wrong.

33 minutes ago, Predicto said:

It's easy for LKB to talk.  Houston right now looks like the 2014-2015 Warriors - young, talented, hungry, and seemingly inevitable. 

He probably doesn't tell ya'll this, but he's been popping into the Wizards thread trying to troll us since he bought his Harden onesie.  

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'll be rooting for you all in spirit if the Miraculous does indeed come. The Reign of terror was fine when it was on my behalf, but now someone must remove him from the Hardwood Throne.

Appreciate that, hope ya'll sneak in without overtaking us, too. 

See the problem is I never had a chance to like the guy.  Just when I thought I couldn't root against him any harder, he moved to our division.  He's been the bane of my existence for well over a decade now. The only exception I made for him was in that series where he beat the Warriors because I thought it would inspire KD to come home, too.

I've been waiting for this level of vulnerability with his team for a long time, I believe we all have.  We absolutely have to want it more then he does.  I'm sick of the excuses about the refs and fatigue and him going Super Saiyan.  We didn't go into that Boston series with a "glad to be here" attitude, we wanted to win but lost fair and square.  In 7 games.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Hasn’t LKB always been trolling Wizard fans. 

In here, I can't speak to that even though I can tell he enjoys it, but coming into our thread is something I'm not used to lately.  In all fairness, he's in equal opportunity **** you mode, which for the most part I actually like.

• Like 1