Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 hour ago, Predicto said:

It's easy for LKB to talk.  Houston right now looks like the 2014-2015 Warriors - young, talented, hungry, and seemingly inevitable. 

His beloved Rockets aren't that young.  But they are hungry and talented.

Harden is 28, CP3 is 32, Gordon is 29, Anderson is 29, Tucker and Ariza are 32, Nene is 35, Mbah a Moute is somehow only 31 (this can't be right), and Joe Johnson is 104.  Capela is their only young rotation player at 23.

This is their absolute prime.  Gonna get older too when they flip Capela for LeBron, but they'll be better in the playoffs for making that move.

5 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This has got to be the field's best chance at unseasting LeBron since he went to Miami.  But I still think he's going to go to the Finals.  I definitely don't see him losing to us in the first round.  We've avoided LeBron in the first two rounds of the last three playoff trips we've made.  I suppose we're due to play him this year.

The Wizards are going to lose in the first round to the Cavs and the Cavs are going to be donkey-punched out of the second round in 5 games.

After the first incident, Senator Breckinridge is going to write about the inevitability of a Warriors-Cavs Finals. After the second, he is going to declare Lebron a broken down shell who has finally lost his fight with Father Time.

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Hasn’t LKB always been trolling Wizard fans. 

I was a diehard Wizards fan during the beginning of the Gilbert Era. That was my squad. I actually went to games and ****.

By the way, when it comes to basketball, I'm all over the freaking map. I have attended maybe 15 college basketball games in my life. (There was nothing more exciting than a Pete Carril team in March Madness. There is nothing more boring than a Pete Carril team beating Cornell 48-37).

Like 5 of those games happened during the first two years of the JTIII Era at Georgetown. I thought about getting an MBA there simply to justify my fandom.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

In here, I can't speak to that even though I can tell he enjoys it, but coming into our thread is something I'm not used to lately.  In all fairness, he's in equal opportunity **** you mode, which for the most part I actually like.

He won't step to me. He knows his proper weight class ? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Thats understandable. I totally didn't mean that, btw. McQueen knows the end is nigh, and has accepted his fate.

He knows this is all futile.

LeBron is talking **** too.  Saying he doesn't care about seeding and that any game one that's in your building is going to be rough.  Saying he's playing the best basketball of his career.  He's been hearing all of this talk about the Cavs sucking and that they could lose to the likes of Toronto.... Toronto.  And he's been seeing all of the hype that all of these other players have been getting and that he's a complete afterthought this year.  And he's been stewing and taking notes.

He's going to ****ing pound butt this postseason.  This whole year has done nothing but lower expectations for Cleveland and make him mad.  He's going to dine on the flesh of that first round opponent.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

LeBron is talking **** too.  Saying he doesn't care about seeding and that any game one that's in your building is going to be rough.  Saying he's playing the best basketball of his career.  He's been hearing all of this talk about the Cavs sucking and that they could lose to the likes of Toronto.... Toronto.  And he's been seeing all of the hype that all of these other players have been getting and that he's a complete afterthought this year.  And he's been stewing and taking notes.

He's going to ****ing pound butt this postseason.  This whole year has done nothing but lower expectations for Cleveland and make him mad.  He's going to dine on the flesh of that first round opponent.

He's what you would see if Dementors actually existed, isn't it?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I was a diehard Wizards fan during the beginning of the Gilbert Era. That was my squad. I actually went to games and ****.`

So why did you give up without giving Wall a chance?  Wizards/Bullets have been bad more often then not, but the Wall era overlapped Arenas briefly, what broke you? Was it Gungate?

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Unless you say something stupid about the Death Penalty like I did, Luther had to calm his *** down.  @Predicto  I was convinced after Trump won and you disappeared that you were somewhere pulling giant tires with metal chains on some Batman vs Superman ****.  Tell me I'm wrong.

i was crying in my plate of figs  it was bad

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

One of us has to be the resident douche bag fan. Guess it will be me. 

Your team will suck again, we all do eventually.  Yankees have 27 championships, but look at their record between '65 and '94.  One of the few exceptions I can think of are the Lakers, but they're in the longest playoff drought in their history.

Edited by Renegade7

7 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Another ankle injury for Curry.

I **** you not, when Mr Sinister and I were making playoff predictions yesterday, I deleted a post that predicted a Curry injury.  It said, "there's going to be at east one more big injury before the playoffs, someone like Curry."

You all need to fear me now.

10 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

After the first incident, Senator Breckinridge is going to write about the inevitability of a Warriors-Cavs Finals. After the second, he is going to declare Lebron a broken down shell who has finally lost his fight with Father Time.

That's the Honorable Breckinridge to you.  And I still say we were robbed by some confounded Yankee mischief.

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I **** you not, when Mr Sinister and I were making playoff predictions yesterday, I deleted a post that predicted a Curry injury.  It said, "there's going to be at east one more big injury before the playoffs, someone like Curry."

I don’t think it is severe injury. 2 games isn’t bad. The Portland game will be tough, Dame is nice. 

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

You and Doc man, smh. We need to lock y'all away in an underground bunker and put you in a deep coma until June.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Your team will suck again, we all do eventually.  Yankees have 27 championships, but look at their record between '65 and '94.  One of the few exceptions I can think of are the Lakers, but they're in the longest playoff drought in their history.

except the goddamn Spurs of course

1 minute ago, Predicto said:

I could've added the Celtics, too, technically, but that's how many teams out of all the 4 major sports?  Spurs and Celtics have had down years, too, years they didn't make the playoffs or worse.  Prolonged suckattuide is something they still have plenty of time for (exhibit A: the New York Yankees)

3 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I don’t think it is severe injury. 2 games isn’t bad. The Portland game will be tough, Dame is nice. 

More like 2 weeks, I suspect

I liked that they were able to beat the Spurs without Curry, Igoudala, West, McCaw and Bell.  The ballhandling was stagnant but they did ok.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

I could've added the Celtics, too, technically, but that's how many teams out of all the 4 major sports?  Spurs and Celtics have had down years, too, years they didn't make the playoffs or worse.  Prolonged suckattuide is something they still have plenty of time for (exhibit A: the New York Yankees)

Spurs had one losing season in the past 30 years - and that got them Tim Duncan.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Predicto said:

Spurs had one losing season in the past 30 years - and that got them Tim Duncan.  

Ya, but in their early ABA days they were getting into the playoffs almost by default because 80% of the teams made the playoffs even while hovering around .500.  I have no idea how to count that, but it reminds me of the Steelers who even though they have 6 rings now certainly didn't busts out the gate guns blazing versus being good an eventually sucking.  If you think I'm wrong, that's ok, but just say it, because I get where you're going with this.

8 minutes ago, Predicto said:

If I'm reading Wikipedia right, they've missed the NBA playoffs four times since they joined the NBA in 1976-77.  Never in back to back seasons either.  ****s have never known my pain.  The Wizards have missed the playoffs that many times this decade... and this is one of our better decades!  

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya, but in their early ABA days they were getting into the playoffs almost by default because 80% of the teams made the playoffs even while hovering around .500.  I have no idea how to count that, but it reminds me of the Steelers who even though they have 6 rings now certainly didn't busts out the gate guns blazing versus being good an eventually sucking.  If you think I'm wrong, that's ok, but just say it, because I get where you're going with this.

You're wrong.  :) 

• Like 1