Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

6 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

My first basketball memory was actually crying to my mom to make my older brother change the channel back to America's funniest home videos instead of the Bulls/Suns finals. He still kept switching and i actually became pretty interested that series. I was always interested in Jordan because my dad said he could fly and I took it literally as a dumb young kid that still believed in Santa Clause. So I was kinda disappointed I had missed out on him.

Still, I kept up with the whole baseball stuff because I had just gotten into baseball that summer too and began following the NBA the following season w/o Jordan. I remember when he came back how excited me and my brother were we danced around the bedroom and went outside and played basketball in the cold for 2 hours. 

I followed him religiously upon his return. Well, by religiously I mean checking the newspaper for the results and boxscores and catching every NBA on NBC game I could. I was all in. 

My first basketball memory was watching the UNC/Georgetown 1982 championship game with my parents.  I remember watching other UNC games with them throughout the regular season/tournys but it was more like clip art memories (when I think back it's like quick flashes of sitting there).  But that game stood out the most, mainly because I was 6 years old and my dad let me stay up late to watch it.  

First real memories of the NBA was watching the playoffs and finals with my dad in 1982, remember watching the Lakers/Sixers and all the Boston games (my dad was a Celtics fan when he was growing up - my mom was a Lakers fan).  

I became a Bulls fan when they drafted Jordan in 1984 since we didn't have an NBA team yet (Charlotte), I was 9 years old.  Between age 6-9 I just watched all the teams I could with my dad while he taught me the game.

• Like 1

77-78 Bullets season was the first NBA season for me. I turned 10 during that season and we were 44-38, but won the title. Watched a lot of NBA during the 80s. My fandom waned in the 90s. It was my 2nd favorite league behind the NFL up until the late 90s. Now it’s 4th among NFL, NHL and MLB.

One of my first basketball memories was watching Hoop Dreams and reading the kid's novel that came out about it.

The 90's was the GOAT decade for basketball movies.

I have vague early memories of the CWebb time out.  As far as I understood the significance of that moment, CWebb was damned for all time after that mistake and I was legitimately surprised to see he ended up in the NBA.  Why would anyone still want him?  lol.

I also remember wearing this sweatshirt for years:

IMG_8020_530x@2x.jpg?v=1498605002

• Like 1

I remember the Dream Team 2 in 96 we were all so pumped and would get sprite when we went to the store each week to try to win a team USA jersey under the bottlecap. It never happened. 

Also it was around this time my friend legit just gave me this framed poster only the entire backdrop was like a purple night sky and there was no text on it. His uncle has also put numbers around the moon and turned it into a clock. It was badass. I wish I still had it but we knocked it off the wall fighting one day 

018561ED-E95F-41AC-A016-99CF3C1EC91B.jpeg

• Like 1

Any other Lakers fans in here? This team at the moment (even though they'll probably lose tonight) is just so great to watch. I hope every member if this young core is kept around including Julius Randle. They're not just a collection of young talent either as they can play some beautiful team basketball when they're on. I'm not sure I'd jump on the big free agents this year, especially if it means giving up Ingram, Ball, Kuzma or Randle. If you bring LeBron in next season and have to give up a couple of guys you're setting yourself up to be in rebuilding mode in the near future. Hopefully they let these guys continue to develop and set up for long term success. Shame IT won't resign to play in the role he's playing right now. 

40 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Any other Lakers fans in here? This team at the moment (even though they'll probably lose tonight) is just so great to watch. I hope every member if this young core is kept around including Julius Randle. They're not just a collection of young talent either as they can play some beautiful team basketball when they're on. I'm not sure I'd jump on the big free agents this year, especially if it means giving up Ingram, Ball, Kuzma or Randle. If you bring LeBron in next season and have to give up a couple of guys you're setting yourself up to be in rebuilding mode in the near future. Hopefully they let these guys continue to develop and set up for long term success. Shame IT won't resign to play in the role he's playing right now. 

Im a fan because they’ve been killing it against the spread for about a month and a half.

15 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Im a fan because they’ve been killing it against the spread for about a month and a half.

Your handle is a reminder that there are always going to be big time free agents and it might pay to be a little more patient. 

• Haha 2

Ricky "gritty edition" Rubio has run into trouble

A couple weeks ago against the Twolves (after which he was clowned on twitter by Butler)

And now tonight:

He has no options now.  Next guy that comes at him, he just has to close his eyes and swing.  Or retire. 

My first  basketball memory is playing Bulls vs Lakers basketball game on Sega. My first NBA memory is watching all those Sunday games on NBC...

Also, something just hit me. I read a story that  ESPNs former CEO was basically swallowing Adam Silver whole. Was treating the  NBA way better than the NFL.

I know why now... It's NBC. If NBC ever  gets  the  NBA back, I have no  doubt  they can  provide better coverage than ESPN.

• Like 1

My first NFL memory is watching the Giants play the Bills in the 1991 Superbowl.  I remember being very bored and not understanding why my dad and grandpa enjoyed watching it so much.  That's about it.  I have essentially no memory of the 1991 season that followed.

I was in to baseball very young, but I didn't really enjoy football until '94/'95.  Steve Young was my favorite player and he beat the Chargers in the Superbowl and VT got good.  The game started to click for me and I became patient enough to follow it.  That's also when I wanted to start playing it, but my parents said hell no.

It's one of the best dunks I've ever seen.  Driving past three Portland defenders and power dunking on their center.  Nobody will care or remember that it came in a March regular season loss next week, much less when it's being replayed in LeBron James highlight reels for the next 30 years.

12 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It's one of the best dunks I've ever seen.  Driving past three Portland defenders and power dunking on their center.  Nobody will care or remember that it came in a March regular season loss next week, much less when it's being replayed in LeBron James highlight reels for the next 30 years.

Meanwhile we complain that young ball players don’t pass and constantly dribble into multiple defenders. And the fact that no one will remember that this game was a loss in a very off season just proves my point. Cavs are barely hanging onto bring one of the top 10 teams this season, not even a year after being in the Finals.

But lets focus all the attention on this one play that would be met with frustration by high school coaches every where, but in the NBA leaving three players wide open while driving into heavy traffic is IMO one of the main reasons why they’re losing.

40132242224_9b62a22209_b.jpg

16 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

But lets focus all the attention on this one play that would be met with frustration by high school coaches every where, but in the NBA leaving three players wide open while driving into heavy traffic is IMO one of the main reasons why they’re losing.

LeBron is the only human on Earth that could pull off that exact play, and he ain't the reason they're losing games.  And he will be the reason they make it back to the Finals this year.

That was a basic horns play.  LeBron took the first option: see a lane to the rim, finish.  Let's not pretend he's a selfish player.

• Like 1