Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

9 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

LeBron is the only human on Earth that could pull off that exact play, and he ain't the reason they're losing games.  And he will be the reason they make it back to the Finals this year.

That was a basic horns play.  LeBron took the first option: see a lane to the rim, finish.  Let's not pretend he's a selfish player.

Remember, my criticism began against ESPN, and the media hype around what amounts to TWO points. It was a half dozen replays of it, multiple interviews on it, and anchor fawning over it.

And they LOST.

20 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Remember, my criticism began against ESPN, and the media hype around what amounts to TWO points. It was a half dozen replays of it, multiple interviews on it, and anchor fawning over it.

And they LOST.

The dunk was remarkable.  The game was not.  There are hundreds of largely meaningless March games every season, but there aren't many dunks like that.  It's one of the best highlight plays of a legendary career.

Is this an attempt at revenge for LKB coming into the NCAA thread and constantly ****ting all over college basketball?

Maybe he just wants four passes before a shot?

Sure....that was an other-worldly display of athleticism by one of the three greatest players ever, but whatever happened to fundamentals? Why don't we get excited about a well executed chest pass?

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail, Steve. Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do

13 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The dunk was remarkable.  The game was not.  There are hundreds of largely meaningless March games every season, but there aren't many dunks like that.  It's one of the best highlight plays of a legendary career.

Is this an attempt at revenge for LKB coming into the NCAA thread and constantly ****ting all over college basketball?

just don’t get what was sooooooo OMG! about that one dunk, the Blazers tried to collapse on him and didn’t and the center was coming in from the side and jumped way early. It was NOT that amazing. And no I don’t care how much ESPN hypes it or how much you wantbto compare it to Jesus walking on water. If Lebron is remembered for THAT dunk as iconic of his career then that will be very sad.

They still lost, and it wasn’t close.

But yeah keep hyping this dunk

I’ll will keep ignoring ESPN because of this stupid stuff.

13 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

just don’t get what was sooooooo OMG! about that one dunk, the Blazers tried to collapse on him and didn’t and the center was coming in from the side and jumped way early. It was NOT that amazing. And no I don’t care how much ESPN hypes it or how much you wantbto compare it to Jesus walking on water. If Lebron is remembered for THAT dunk as iconic of his career then that will be very sad.

They still lost, and it wasn’t close.

But yeah keep hyping this dunk

I’ll will keep ignoring ESPN because of this stupid stuff.

Are you kidding me?  That play was objectively incredible.  Korver and Hood didn't actually set screens.  They pulled their defenders to LeBron at the top of the key and LeBron blew by all three of them.  That alone is awesome, and then he rose up and baptized a goon like Nurkic.  That play was a display of the combination of speed, ball handling, strength, and leaping ability that no other basketball player on earth currently possesses.  It was ridiculously difficult.  Russell Westbrook is about the only other guy crazy enough to even try that and Nurkic would have sent him into the bench if he had.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

It was a nice dunk.  Especially for a guy in his 30s.

This I’ll agree with.

It was a nice dunk for a guy in his 30’s.

But @stevemcqueen1is being a bit of a fanboi about it, as was ESPN. THAT is my problem, and THAT was my criticism. I can’t tell the difference between a fanboi and ESPN SportsCenter. That’s why I can’t stand it.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

It was one of the best in game dunks ive ever seen. How far away he started his jump, the way he hung in the air over the C and just finished over his hand while throwing it down as powerful as he did? 

Sure it was in a game that doesn't matter or that they lost. That doesn't take away from it. 

On a related note, what is Lebron's signature career play? It has to be the Iggy block right? That seems absurd to me that his signature play would be a chase down block but the circumstances around it elevated that play to his greatest moment imo. 

I really wish he had finished that dunk over Draymond after the block because that would have been one of the most iconic moments/plays in sports history. 

Sadly, i don't really think Lebron has any of those "Jordan" type of moments. 

55 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It was one of the best in game dunks ive ever seen. How far away he started his jump, the way he hung in the air over the C and just finished over his hand while throwing it down as powerful as he did? 

Sure it was in a game that doesn't matter or that they lost. That doesn't take away from it. 

On a related note, what is Lebron's signature career play? It has to be the Iggy block right? That seems absurd to me that his signature play would be a chase down block but the circumstances around it elevated that play to his greatest moment imo. 

I really wish he had finished that dunk over Draymond after the block because that would have been one of the most iconic moments/plays in sports history. 

Sadly, i don't really think Lebron has any of those "Jordan" type of moments. 

The no-look alley-oop from Wade where Wade starts posing while the damn ball is still in the air is amazing.

I can't think of a specific play in that insane Game 6 against the Celtics.

In a way, he's hurt by the fact that every moment of his run as the face of the league has been on national tv. He's played so many televised games that they all run together.

• Like 1

This is interesting. What are the "signature" plays of superstars.

Bird - The Steal against Detroit

The follow of his shot against, I believe, Houston in the 81 Finals

The dagger 3 against Houston in '86

Magic - simply jumping center in '80

The baby hook in 1987. (I left a party after that one).

Jordan. The Shot

The hand-switching layup from the Like Mike commercial

The Shrug

The pushoff against Utah

It helps that every Jordan moment immediately became a Gatorade or Nike commercial like the very next day. That dude had a rapid response team better than Bill Clinton.

Dr. J. That insane scoop layup in '82

I guess his ABA dunk contest win

Kareem. His look of utter indifference as Magic hugs him in Magic's first start.

His swinging an elbow at Bird that would have killed Bird.

Barkley? Getting dunked on by C-Webb. Holding back Bird as Dr J punched him. Throwing a guy through a window.

Not a single play, but a Jordanesque signature game:

Also the oop where he literally murdered Jason Terry on the court was one of the cruelest acts of barbarism ever committed on a basketball court.  Not as good as Pippen teabagging Ewing and then telling Spike Lee to sit the **** down, or DeAndre Jordan's murder of Brandon Knight, but good.

Those are great but they just dont have the significance that other greats do. That's why his block was special. 

He was headed for a signature play/moment in Game 6 against the Spurs, rallying the team back once the headband was knocked off but Ray Allen stole all the thunder of that game. If LeBron hits the 3 that led to Allen's play, I think Lebron is revered even more and would have that signature moment

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man