Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

17 hours ago, Destino said:

Derek Rose had the very bad habit of landing on one leg and not falling to the ground.  Basketball players fall constantly precisely because of the injury risk of trying to stick off balance landings.  His game was also centered around running full speed in one direct stopping on a dime and jumping in another direction.  It's like the man hated his knees and wanted to destroy them.

Westbrook is probably going to have a difficult time turning his neck when he is 50, but he has spared his knees and ankles a lot of abuse by landing like a pro wrestler after every hard fall.

Other than his amazing durability, Lebron might not be as impressive physically anymore as he is mentally.  He's leaping only when he's moving, so it's not the pogo stick from a stand still stuff that seems super human.  He doesn't really try to over power the stronger players, or sprint around the faster ones.  He plays like he's got a Head Up Display, like a terminator, in his head that's highlighting the weaknesses of his defenders.  He's got an entire NBA database in his head and he uses it for more than just scoring.  Maybe I'm imagining it but the more I watch him the more I'm sure he's predicting actions and moving before anyone else sees what he does. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Westbrook is probably going to have a difficult time turning his neck when he is 50, but he has spared his knees and ankles a lot of abuse by landing like a pro wrestler after every hard fall.

Westbrook has had a lot of knee surgeries.

He is just fortunate that he never tore his ACL like Rose did. 

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Just know this: Dennis Rodman will make a list

Goddamn you. I totally forgot about him.

Can he be the most aerobically dominant?

Also, does anyone remember his House of Style with Cindy Crawford? At one point he comes out in a Speedo and she starts ovulating. It's the weirdest reaction from a gorgeous woman who has never shown sexual chemistry with anyone in any situation ever. I stumbled across it on youtube a few months ago.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Other than his amazing durability, Lebron might not be as impressive physically anymore as he is mentally.  He's leaping only when he's moving, so it's not the pogo stick from a stand still stuff that seems super human.  He doesn't really try to over power the stronger players, or sprint around the faster ones.  He plays like he's got a Head Up Display, like a terminator, in his head that's highlighting the weaknesses of his defenders.  He's got an entire NBA database in his head and he uses it for more than just scoring.  Maybe I'm imagining it but the more I watch him the more I'm sure he's predicting actions and moving before anyone else sees what he does. 

The first time his feet hit NBA hardwood, he had a high bball IQ. At this point, he's basically Lucy, so I'd believe it

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

There's probably a fair amount of truth to this.

Watching him lately, I've also reached a weird conclusion. I think Kevin Love might be his favorite teammate (next to James Jones of course). Love is an incredibly high IQ player and is always where he is supposed to be and will always make the right pass. I think there was a weird pecking order thing when Kyrie was there, but now that he's the clear number two option, they are doing some amazing stuff together. At least offensively.

Obviously he loves Wade off the court and their two man game in Miami was unguardable. But every now and then Wade would turn into Allen Iverson on a possession and I'm sure it drove Lebron nuts.

47 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Here is a fun game that McQueen will write a 16 paragraph response to.

In my lifetime,

Most physically dominant player - Shaq

Most mentally dominant player - Jordan

Most athletically dominant player - Lebron

Lebron might be second on the physically dominant list and Jordan might me second on the athletically dominant list, but I think this is fun.

Top five physical: Shaq, Lebron, Howard, Garnett, Kidd?

Top five mental: Jordan, Bird, Magic, Duncan, Kobe

Most athletic, Lebron, Jordan, Hakeem, Kareem (even old man Kareem had unreal feet for a 7 footer), Westbrook (controversial but he is an alien)

How you gonna leave Wilt off a top 5 physical list?  

5 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I have no idea how athletic he was/wasnt. I mean ive seen clips, but none of them really scream superb, generational athleticism to me.

We need to ask McQueen, since he probably saw every one of Wilt's games live.

48 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

My lifetime. Wilt's last great year was 2 years before I was born.

41 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I have no idea how athletic he was/wasnt. I mean ive seen clips, but none of them really scream superb, generational athleticism to me.

We need to ask McQueen, since he probably saw every one of Wilt's games live.

McQueen is an ABA Lifer.  His list is going to include Connie Hawkins, Artis Gilmore, and Marvin Barnes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Are any of you prepared for how truly insufferable I will be if Harden wins the MVP and a title in next two and a half months? You will all have to leave the board and maybe stop watching the NBA.

You give yourself and your team too much credit.

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The first time his feet hit NBA hardwood, he had a high bball IQ. At this point, he's basically Lucy, so I'd believe it

I hate him, but have the utmost respect for his game.  He's absolutely playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

• Like 1