Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

10 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Did McD5 get banned?  That guy was a human lightning rod.

Oh yeah, he's been gone for a minute. Finally got nicked when he went on some weird rant about Gregg Williams (it was during that epic Saints/Niners playoff game at Candlestick)

4 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Does everyone realize that my beloved Rockets are 30-1 when Paul, Harden, and Capella play together?

I know all you virgins are going to scream "playoffs!" but this is a historically great season, and this is arguably the best team in the league since the 2010 Magic.

bait.gif

3 hours ago, No Excuses said:

It was a reference to McD5. A Tailgate legend, who was renowned for terrible financial advice and a weirdly homoerotic fascination with Dwight Howard and Brandon Bass. 

oh of course.   D'oh

Can't also forget his undying love for Ladell Betts, which started the legend, when he chubbed during that run way back in 2006-2007 when Betts subbed in for Portis and had like 5 or 6 100 yd games.

But the 2010 Dream Team Magic and Stock Market thread fail vaulted him into old English folklore.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

9 minutes ago, Predicto said:

His stock market thread remains my favorite Tailgate experience of all time

There's savagery, and then there's sacrilegious heathenry . That beating y'all routinely put on that man in there was somewhere above that last one. Beyond the pale...

It would not have been all that hilarious, were it not for him being totally oblivious to all the razorblades being thrown, and pressing on like Homer in a boxing ring. :rofl89:. I marvelled at his endurance.

36 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

There's savagery, and then there's sacrilegious heathenry . That beating y'all routinely put on that man in there was somewhere above that last one. Beyond the pale...

It would not have been all that hilarious, were it not for him being totally oblivious to all the razorblades being thrown, and pressing on like Homer in a boxing ring. :rofl89:. I marvelled at his endurance.

You guys are all wrong.

The Magic statement was not the most McD5 moment.

The stock market thread was not the most McD5 moment.

The most McD5 moment was his description of his life as a high school bookie. He would make all his collections on Friday, then take the money to the beer distributor where he would get a keg. He would put said keg in the front seed of his car. And then drive to all the happening parties and serve all the fly honeys.

Because nothing is sexier than warm fizzy beer served from the front seat of a K-Car.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Think he left when Ladell Betts did. Same way whatshername left with Rock Cartwright...

Blondie I want say actually did get banned, I just don't remember why.  Can't tell from her profile, but like all of us, post have been lost due to upgrades and migrations.  I remember the stock thread that guy started, didn't make time for it but kept seeing it get bumped, so figured he was getting clown pounded

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thanks 1

By the way, McD5 is pretty much the last remaining poster over at Om's ES spinoff, The Pickle Party ("Reason Will Prevail"). He has many many opinions on Kirk Cousins and he is posting them even if no one is reading them. Not even Om who seems to have abandoned his own site.

McD5 did come up with a great idea to grow the site though - business cards left on restaurant tables.

It was a crime to ban that dude.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Blondie I want say actually did get banned, I just don't remember why.  Can't tell from her profile, but like all of us, post have been lost due to upgrades and migrations.  I remember the stock thread that guy started, didn't make time for it but kept seeing it get bumped, so figured he was getting clown pounded

I miss Blondie too, mainly because any female in an all-male online environment is fascinating to watch from a sociological standpoint.

The fact that she apparently "knew" a certain Redskins player just made it better, because I could frankly never tell who the posters were jealous of - her or Rock.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

You guys are all wrong.

The Magic statement was not the most McD5 moment.

The stock market thread was not the most McD5 moment.

The most McD5 moment was his description of his life as a high school bookie. He would make all his collections on Friday, then take the money to the beer distributor where he would get a keg. He would put said keg in the front seed of his car. And then drive to all the happening parties and serve all the fly honeys.

Because nothing is sexier than warm fizzy beer served from the front seat of a K-Car.

LOL  The only thing better than **** that never happened posts is **** that never happened posts that don't even impress anyone  

33 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

It's kind of hilarious the departure of the leg humpers and horndogs who patroled ES is somehow pretty closely timed with like the four women who posted here also departing.

We still have a couple of fine ladies on here

/end leghump

Durant, Curry, Warriors beat Wiz 109-101 after museum visit

The Warriors, meanwhile, were well-rested after getting Tuesday off. They dispensed with the reigning NBA champs' traditional White House visit while in town, opting to spend the day touring the National Museum of African American History and Culture with students from Durant's nearby hometown of Seat Pleasant, Maryland.

"We left it up to the players -- what they decided to do, what they wanted to do. And this is what they decided to do, and it was a wonderful day yesterday," Kerr said. "I think everybody enjoyed it."

Glad they did this.  I hope the Eagles do this too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Glad they did this.  I hope the Eagles do this too.

They won't. I expect this out of the NBA, seeing as it is the most internationally friendly, minority inclusive, hip, forward thinking league, by a wide margin. Football, due to its strong flyover America backing and cultural importance, and overwhelming Black representation at the pro level, is stuck in a weird place, right on the front lines. Even if many don't want to go, I bet several coaches and players will, and we will hear about the internal discord, just like we did last year with the Patriots, and with the Steelers this past season.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

They won't. I expect this out of the NBA, seeing as it is the most internationally friendly, minority inclusive, hip, forward thinking league, by a wide margin. Football, due to its strong flyover America backing and cultural importance, and overwhelming Black representation at the pro level, is stuck in a weird place, right on the front lines. Even if many don't want to go, I bet several coaches and players will, and we will hear about the internal discord, just like we did last year with the Patriots, and with the Steelers this past season.

Ownership might force them to go because the NFL owners are horrible people.  But I could still see the players boycotting the WH visit anyway.  Trump called NFL players sons of ****es for participating in harmless, heartfelt activism.  For basically pursuing justice.  They're not going to forget that.   Nor will they misunderstand or ignore the fact that Trump is racist as hell.

This is actually going to be really interesting to see play out.

• Like 1

Steve Kerr is awesome. Fact: No NFL coach has seen a movie since 1978. Time watching a movie is time not watching game tape.

The Warriors head coach, an outspoken critic of Trump, compared the president to the dim-witted character Brick Tamland from the movie “Anchorman” and laughed at a question on if he was pleasantly surprised about Trump’s

willingness to confiscate guns.

“I’m hardly surprised. I think he forgot what side he was on,” Kerr chuckled. “It reminded me of ‘Anchorman’ when Brick ends up on the wrong side of the fight and he’s like ‘Yeah!’ And they’re like ‘No, you’re on this side.’”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/steve-kerr-anchorman-analogy-dump-donald-trump-article-1.3849004

Pop/Kerr 2000

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

As great as the NBA players are on these issues, there's no way it could get to where it is without people like Kerr, Pop, Stan Van, etc.

Can you imagine if someone put a mic in  front of Nick Saban, or Bill Bellichick  and tried to ask them about anything Trump? I cringe at even someone asking Jay Gruden about it.

Football ain't a place for that kinda strong, fearless, politically aware, historically well versed, intellectual take. Like LKB said, the best you can possibly hope for is them probably giving you a death stare because you didn't ask them for the 100th time about something purposefully boring. God help us if they actually told us what they really thought.

• Like 1

The thing about Pop/Kerr is that they are obviously wealthy men...however, they are completely in-touch with what's going on in many inner-city communities.  There isn't that disconnect that many politicians have regarding the plight that many minorities go through in this country.