Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

21 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I know nothing about him but Kyrie does seem like the type of guy that would get really annoying to be around really fast. I mean, the dude is a flat Earther.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2730732-kyrie-irving-trade-to-boston-celtics-from-cavaliers-and-lebron-james

Yet the evidence suggests Irving is a flawed star—flaky on defense, indifferent to passing and consumed with a desire to score. (And on his worst days: moody, non-communicative and passive-aggressive.)

I've seen him described as moody many times by the press.  Watching him play I can believe it.

49 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

His personality sounds like Lebron, to be real.

Lebron generates an extreme amount of loyalty though.  I don't get the sense that guys feel that way about Kyrie. 

This isn't to say you're wrong, they may indeed be similar in personality I don't know.  What I'm describing could be simply because Lebron gets his boys paid.  The point remains though, Lebron seems to command while I've never heard of Kyrie being regarded as a leader.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ksun247 said:

If Javale can hit those in the game, the Warriors are gonna even more lethal!

He can't, and they won't let him try.  Pretty much every NBA player can make a film like that of themselves in a practice.  Curry can hit 90 plus percent of practice threes.  

Besides, JaVale probably missed the next six in a row.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

That's a nice $2.1 billion profit......

We're in a sports bubble, aren't we?

Yes.  These franchise valuations are based on what exactly?  Billionaire dick measuring?  It's definitely not their annual revenues or potential for growth in revenues in the next century or so.  Revenues for NBA teams are going to go down after the crippling TV deal that TNT and ESPN made with the league expires!  Cable TV broadcasting is a dying industry, there's no one else dumb and large enough to throw away all of their money on the NBA's limited broadcast rights other than ESPN.  And even with this unsustainable TV money coming in, the NBA's annual revenues come nowhere close to justifying the franchise valuations.  Cleveland lost money the year they won their championship.

Nobody wants to pay 80 dollars to go to a ****ing NBA game any more, and nobody wants to pay 100-200 dollars a month just to watch live sports on cable.

The truth is these insane valuations are based on a bubble driven by vanity and what short term investors think they can get when they flip the franchise within ten years.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I can't believe the Rockets sold for that amount of money.  That means the least valuable NFL team has to be at least 2.2 billion...right?  

There's a sucker born every minute.

The thing is, I don't think people who buy teams care if they lose money. They're already beyond loaded. Its just something for them to play with, for them to stroke their massive egos with.

Imagine if Snyder, Leonsis, or Lerner win a title here in D.C. Won't matter if they lose money, they'll be GODS. Can't put a price on that.

3 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

That's a nice $2.1 billion profit......

We're in a sports bubble, aren't we?

What else do billionaires have to spend their money on these days?  They already own 6 mansions, 3 planes and 7 yachts.  

Owning a major professional sports franchise makes you a member of one of the most exclusive clubs in the world.  

Edited by Predicto
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

There's a sucker born every minute.

The thing is, I don't think people who buy teams care if they lose money. They're already beyond loaded. Its just something for them to play with, for them to stroke their massive egos with.

Imagine if Snyder, Leonsis, or Lerner win a title here in D.C. Won't matter if they lose money, they'll be GODS. Can't put a price on that.

Yeah, you're absolutely right.  Then again, I just can't imagine being that loaded and being like "Well, I know that my smarts and business acumen have gotten me this far in life and I recognize that NBA teams are WAY inflated right now but I just HAVE to have one....I don't care that I could buy an NFL team for this amount, I WANT MY NBA!!"

Off topic but for another thread.  If Snyder wins a Superbowl (quit laughing) in DC, is all forgiven?