Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

6 hours ago, Going Commando said:

The only guys I'd rather have over prime LeBron the player are Jordan and Russell.  But LeBron the player always included LeBron the GM, and LeBron the GM tended to leave your franchise a smoking wreckage.

Agreed.

LeBron looks like he could play until 40, maybe early 40s, and put many of these records he breaking out of reach because he came in straight from high school and played so great for so long.

It wouldn't change the GOAT conversation for me alone, but would make it interesting again.

Jordan didn't want to be a shell of himself on the court unable to be the player he was used to be, and when he did it anyway with the Wizards, we didn't even make the playoffs.  It's really hard to argue that LeBron at 40 wouldn't be a better player on the court then Jordan at 40.

But that's where he's going to stay and you pointed out one of the biggest reasons why, he's going to bring Free Agent Flat-Earth Kyrie to LA this offseason and leave that franchise an absolute crater once he's done with them giving up future resources to make him happy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Agreed.

LeBron looks like he could play until 40, maybe early 40s, and put many of these records he breaking out of reach because he came in straight from high school and played so great for so long.

It wouldn't change the GOAT conversation for me alone, but would make it interesting again.

Jordan didn't want to be a shell of himself on the court unable to be the player he was used to be, and when he did it anyway with the Wizards, we didn't even make the playoffs.  It's really hard to argue that LeBron at 40 wouldn't be a better player on the court then Jordan at 40.

But that's where he's going to stay and you pointed out one of the biggest reasons why, he's going to bring Free Agent Flat-Earth Kyrie to LA this offseason and leave that franchise an absolute crater once he's done with them giving up future resources to make him happy.

Only guy to win a title and Finals MVP with 3 different teams. Say what you want but that’s impressive af. No other guy in league history has done that and probably couldn’t even if they had tried.

For example, look at KD, went to the Nets with Kyrie and harden. He couldn’t make it happen. Now he is off to the Suns. I doubt it happens. 

It’d be more impressive if he stayed in Cleveland the entire time and won more rings there but he’s soft. Odd that LeBron the GM couldn’t recruit anyone to come play with him in Cleveland. I guess it’s much easier to go somewhere else. 

KD and Chris Paul can sit in the desert and talk about all the championships CP hasn’t won. I wonder if KD is gonna take his rings out of his sock drawer and show them to Chris Paul and tell him what it’s like to win one. 

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Thumb up 1

Are we really still being grown men holding it against a 27 year old that he wanted to go from Cleveland to Miami and play basketball with guys he actually liked? 

again, does everyone go out of their way to make their work situation more difficult for themselves every day? If not, soft. 

We also can’t hold it against GM Lebron when his team fails and not give him insane praise for GMing teams across 3 franchises that went to the finals 9 times in 10 years and won 4 titles. 

yeah, he’s had a couple bad years in LA. Anyone here would take that record in a second. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Are we sports fans?  Yes, we're grown men holding things against superior, world class athletes while we type on our iPhones from the toilet and then having to duckwalk across the bathroom to get a new roll of toilet paper.  

As annoying as LeWhine is, what's even more obnoxious and exhausting is the LeWhine stans who are demanding that LeWhine has to be liked and adored and loved and treasured.  No, no he doesn't.  He's a fantastic basketball player, one of the top 5 of all time, but that doesn't mean I have to like him.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That’s fine, I understand that. Just feels irrational and inconsistent 

Yeah, except it's not.  You can't tell LeBron's story without mentioning that.  And I didn't even really mind how he announced it, the TV special...he got a lot of backlash for that.  

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, except it's not.  You can't tell LeBron's story without mentioning that.  And I didn't even really mind how he announced it, the TV special...he got a lot of backlash for that.  

Did he not predict the “Heatles” would win 5,6,7 titles in a row…and then got thrashed by Dirk Nowitski and Sean Marion?!?  I mean, that’s genuinely hilarious forever.

Edit:  AND DESEAN STEVENSON!!!

Edited by TradeTheBeal!
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The only real knock against LeBron is 2011. Straight up had a breakdown. But he recovered unlike some other players Ben Simmons. 

52 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That’s fine, I understand that. Just feels irrational and inconsistent 

It’s inconsistent because other players who have done it ain’t in contention to be goat. So they get the same flak.

Look at KD and Kawaii. Both left their own teams that were good and left to go to “better situations”. I don’t see how it was anything different than what LeBron did. Difference is LeBron was more successful. 

Edited by Dr. Do Itch Big
  • Like 1

The superteam fad was getting ridiculous, so while LeBron does deserve credit for winning finals MVPs with three separate teams, It's during an era where it's become more common for players to want to move around to loaded teams versus making it work where they are. 

James did everything he could to help rip Davis out of a smaller franchise, and it took the basketball gods stepping in to help make New Orleans even stronger after that from that.

It's not right to single out LeBron for this when Durant broke the NBA going to the Warriors, now this bamma taking his supermax contract with him he jus signed to Phoenix.  Expect something new in the next CBA about that.

I see both sides of the "they should be able to" debate, Lillard is trapping himself, Gannis gutted it out, and Beal looks perfectly comfortable with the bed he's made in DC.  I don't agree with trying to shut down these conversations, DF else we gonna talk about?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It’d be more impressive if he stayed in Cleveland the entire time and won more rings there but he’s soft. Odd that LeBron the GM couldn’t recruit anyone to come play with him in Cleveland. I guess it’s much easier to go somewhere else. 

KD and Chris Paul can sit in the desert and talk about all the championships CP hasn’t won. I wonder if KD is gonna take his rings out of his sock drawer and show them to Chris Paul and tell him what it’s like to win one. 

No, it wouldn't.  

38 minutes ago, justice98 said:

No, it wouldn't.  

Sure it would.  Taking a team like Cleveland and making them a desirable destination would have been more impressive.  Instead of recruiting LeBron to Miami -which, let's be honest, going from Cleveland to Miami strictly based on lifestyle alone isn't hard- it would have been more impressive for LeBron to say to Wade and Bosh "No, **** you both, if you want to win you're giving up South Beach and you're coming here.  This is where I'm from, this is the team that drafted me, and I'm staying here.  You can come here or not come here, either way I'm figuring this **** out."

The Cavs had some very good teams in the late 80s and early 90s buy by and large it was NBA Siberia, along with places like Minnesota...and, well, Washington.  Taking that and turning it around to a place that would have been desirable to go to instead of caving and going to Miami would have been more impressive.  You can't tell me that if the Wizards drafted the next LeBron, the next generational talent and he couldn't break through and said "**** it, I'm going to the Lakers," you'd find that more impressive.

And, yes, to TTB's point, getting beat by Dirk, Marion and Stevenson in the finals was fantastic.  

Now that Durants time with the Nets is over, let’s take a moment to remember he left a dynasty for that mess.  We can criticize Lebron all we want but he won championships everywhere he went.  Miami, champions twice.  Returned to Cleveland, championship.  Moves to Lakers, championship.  

Durant built his own squad and that team became the laughingstock of the nba.  

• Thumb up 1