Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I lived in Iowa one summer and traveled all over the state and I never saw a black person there.  The only ethnic minorities I saw or met were Mexicans and Bosnian refugees, who are white.  This is how Steve King keeps getting elected.

There are probably a lot of people in this country who have never seen a black person before.  How much better off would the country be if it were integrated?  To paraphrase the lesson of the 90's X-Men cartoon, people fear and hate what they don't know or understand.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

There are probably a lot of people in this country who have never seen a black person before.  How much better off would the country be if it were integrated? 

I don't think the 12% black population would be down with your plan to evenly space them out throughout middle America.   😂

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Destino said:

I don't think the 12% black population would be down with your plan to evenly space them out throughout middle America.   😂

Ideally, you wouldn't have white enclaves anywhere in the country.  That's a big part of how wealth gets hoarded and white supremacy gets institutionalized.  Cities with big populations of black people (and other minorities) are still very segregated too.

Dubs beat Houston without KD. They need to put some wins together and get that spark going before the postseason. 

This is definitely looking like the last best chance for a title with this group. If they don't get 4 here, I'm not sure this group does again. Durant is gone and Draymond is a shell of who he used to be. The Steph and Klay combo is still an amazing backcourt but they will have to put something new together around those two after this season. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

Dubs need to keep Klay more than KD or DmC. Klay has balled out this year.

Edit..I should say he's also the most likely to stay. The dude would rather play video games with Rocco than go to the club. He might want the max option..but at the end of the day I can't see him and Steph splitting up. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2

Can we argue the closest we got to watching Jordan's decline was his two years in DC where he couldn't even get us to the playoffs?  Sometimes I wonder what a declining Jordan would look like or what that would do to is near immortal legacy.

On 3/13/2019 at 10:39 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

My vision of a racially Utopian America is a Next Generation-like society of federation citizens who enjoy total racial and special integration and the ubiquity of prosperity and the triumph of rationalism.

Why its called a Utopia.  Cool dream, though.

On 3/18/2019 at 12:21 AM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The dude is allowed to get blocked 

On 3/18/2019 at 8:05 AM, Llevron said:

No he isnt 

Compromise..... He is allowed to get blocked... Just not like that.  That waa a Church league block, like some dude that played open gym a couple times in hs getting owned by a dude that played D3. 😂😂😂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

🤨

So now that they suck you're not a Lakers fan?  That is the most Lakers fan choice of all.

that is pretty funny lol I’ll give you props on that 

But Ive never said I was Lakers fan. I was a diehard Kobe guy tho. I loved him dearly from the time I was 10 and had just gotten into the NBA a year or so prior when I heard the mythical Michael Jordan had come back. NBA Jam and NBA Live 95 really helped cement my interest in the NBA because even tho I always loved playing basketball, I never had an NBA team, mostly because my dad and older brothers never regularly watched the NBA or rooted for a team like they did the Redskins. They suckered me with that one that’s for sure .

So when I read in SI (or maybe it was my Beckett magazine at home, can’t remember) at my elementary school library about this young dude skipping high school and his name sounded like mine, I decided I’d root for him wherever he went. Seemed like a pretty cool guy and that’s all a kid in rural VA like me cared about at the time. 

I have no love for the Lakers before or after Kobe. I just root for entertaining and fun basketball now and seeing great players do amazing things. 

I only have 3 sports teams I root for or consider myself a fan of. Redskins, VT Football and the Yankees. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man