Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2018 NBA All Star Game To Be Held In Los Angeles:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/los-angeles-host-2018-nba-star-game-37856836

The All Star Game should be in LA every couple of years in my opinion.  They could do it like the SuperBowl, and rotate it every few years between LA-Miami-Orlando-Phoenix.  I would also throw in Atlanta as well.  I heard players HATED playing the game in Toronto this past year, when they had to deal with Temps barely at 0, with wind chills at -10 and below all weekend.  Next year's game is in Charlotte.

Edited by samy316

Who cares if the players enjoyed Toronto? It's a job. What matters is what the fans thought and how many tuned in to watch it.

I didn't hear too much feedback on how fans liked the ASG in Toronto, but at least Toronto is a top tier city, so there wasn't a lack of things to do for a weekend there.  If I wanted to go to the ASG and soak in the activities and atmosphere, I'd go to Toronto, New York & Chicago, but skip all other northern cities (Milwaukee, Cleveland, Detroit, Boston, Philadelphia, Minneapolis).  I'm not trying to go up north for a good time during the dead of winter.  I think the players feel the same way (which matters to commissioner Silver). 

Edited by samy316

I would expect it to be in Sacramento in a few years with the new arena being built downtown and open next year. But if I was the NBA, I'd rather wait and hold it in SF when the Dubs get a new arena. SF has a lot more appeal to tourists than the Sacramento area. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

I would expect it to be in Sacramento in a few years with the new arena being built downtown and open next year. But if I was the NBA, I'd rather wait and hold it in SF when the Dubs get a new arena. SF has a lot more appeal to tourists than the Sacramento area. 

Thanks for pointing out the Bay Area.  I forgot it on my list of cities that should host NBA All Star games.  Once the new Warriors arena is built, that'll be a great place for holding activities.  I'm surprised the ASG hasn't been in San Antonio yet.  They have a new arena built within the last 10-15 years, and they are in South Texas, which is very mild in the winter.  It definitely should've gotten one by now.