Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I want the Warriors to knock that Bulls team down a peg and break 72 and win a title.  I can't say I'm a fan of the team because I'm a wizards fan, but I think they are easily the most fun team to watch in forever and I love the style of basketball they play.  I think they need this season to get the credit I feel they deserve. 

Last year we saw the players give their MVP award to that no defense playing clown in Houston.  The NBA gray beards have come out of the woodwork to knock the Warriors and Steph.  We've heard that they were lucky to play a badly injured Cavs team in the finals.  There was even some trash talk from the Clippers that the Warriors were lucky to avoid them in the playoffs, as if the Clippers were a team that ever gets out of the second round.  Charles Barkley is still waiting for them to shoot poorly for an entire series. 

Smashing the wins record, the home wins record, and beating a healthy Spurs and Cavs on the way to a second straight title will go a long way towards shutting everyone up.

• Like 1

I want the Warriors to knock that Bulls team down a peg and break 72 and win a title. I can't say I'm a fan of the team because I'm a wizards fan, but I think they are easily the most fun team to watch in forever and I love the style of basketball they play. I think they need this season to get the credit I feel they deserve.

Last year we saw the players give their MVP award to that no defense playing clown in Houston. The NBA gray beards have come out of the woodwork to knock the Warriors and Steph. We've heard that they were lucky to play a badly injured Cavs team in the finals. There was even some trash talk from the Clippers that the Warriors were lucky to avoid them in the playoffs, as if the Clippers were a team that ever gets out of the second round. Charles Barkley is still waiting for them to shoot poorly for an entire series.

Smashing the wins record, the home wins record, and beating a healthy Spurs and Cavs on the way to a second straight title will go a long way towards shutting everyone up.

They must fail

Like when you start rooting for a team from a city you have no connection to because they're good? Sad indeed.

Shut the front door with this tired point. haha. 

Questioning my fandom again ? How many times is this now... over the years ? At least 10. 

Come on man, we have discussed this so many times it is now humorous to me. 

EDIT:

Pretty sure that I told you when and why I lived in LA. 

Edited by Kosher Ham

Warriors by 40.

Voldemort by 26.

Wall has trouble finding the snitch, gets bludgeoned by Draymond on a screen and gets sent to Madame Pomfrey.

Klay hits a three in Beals face, shouting "Lumos", and blinds him in both eyes.

Curry is dominating, but Wittman has an ace up his sleeve, and summons a Dementor, that takes the form of.... Matthew Dellavadova!

Currys ankles give out and he collapses, bound in shackles...

But even without Curry, the Warriors attack like a swarm of Death Eaters. Steve Kerr calls a timeout, conjures a Patronus and suddenly Delly is overcome by decaf, and is incapacitated. The Dubs roll, beating The Wizards like the Womping Willow.

Ernie Grunfeld sends an owl to Scotty Brooks, pleading with him to coach the team so Kevin Durant can follow him to DC.

Meanwhile... Greg Popovich is somewhere deep in the bowels of Hogw... The Verizon Center, staring at the magical mirror of Erised, showing Steph curry buried in a room full of bricks, and him smiling as he fits ring # 6 onto his hand.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 5

Warriors by 40.

Nah.  The Warriors are finding it harder and harder to care about these games.   They are playing down to the level of teams that they are much better than, trusting that they can pull it out in the 4th quarter.   Without Iggy and Ezili, and with a hobbled Bogut, they just don't have the defensive depth and intensity they need to dominate teams like that.

Edited by Predicto

Nah.  The Warriors are finding it harder and harder to care about these games.   They are playing down to the level of teams that they are much better than, trusting that they can pull it out in the 4th quarter.   Without Iggy and Ezili, and with a hobbled Bogut, they just don't have the defensive depth and intensity they need to dominate teams like that.

Wouldn't actually shock me if the Wizards won this game.  They're desperate and they beat the Spurs earlier in the year in somewhat inexplicable fashion.  I could see them winning this one only to then get themselves eliminated from the playoffs by losing to Brooklyn twice.

Wouldn't shock me either.   It's a long season.  They have 7 losses, and 6 of them have been to average or worse teams.  

The only player who still brings max intensity every single night for the Warriors is Draymond, and that's because he has a bit of a mental condition.   On the surface they say want the record, but earlier in the year they were more emotionally invested in every game and were out to prove that last year wasn't a fluke.