Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2018 NBA All Star Game To Be Held In Los Angeles:

Next year's game is in Charlotte.

Sounds like 2 games that I will be attending. 

I mostly agree with Taze and think that it should go through all the NBA cities. Even sometimes in other cities ( Vegas, Nashville, Jacksonville, San Diego, Honolulu, etc). 

I would even be for having that useless game in other Countries. We can all still watch it, but extend the brand. 

EDIT: I don't think that the Warriors will lose more than one game the rest of this regular season. 

Question, how empty is the regular season title if they don't repeat?

Most wins ever in a regular season ? Still pretty impressive. Same as the Patriots going 16-0. 

Edited by Kosher Ham

Spurs will decide it

Question, how empty is the regular season title if they don't repeat?

Assuming they play their starters. Pop might choose to rest everyone and avoid giving away more than he has to before the likely playoff series

So what does everyone think about LeBron's latest comments that he would like to play with Melo, Wade and CP before his career ends and would be willing to take a pay-cut to do so?

Personally, I admire his honesty when answering the question.  However, he should have probably not even responded to that or in the way he did given the fact he still plays in Cleveland, under contract, and has now created another distraction for his teammates.

I know the media lurks over everything he says, does, tweets, etc. and make something out of nothing the majority of the time, but as a league vet and leader on his team, he should act more like that, imo.  

It would be one thing if this was stated in the off-season, but in Feb./March before the playoffs where you should be the #1 seed and team to beat, come on man.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

I'm going to piggyback a comment I heard someone else said. LeBron is the most gutless superstar of all time. He has the body of a lion with the heart of a lamb."

Seriously, why is this grown ass man trying to make everyone his brother? He sounds like a teenager.

And on top of that, it seems like he loves throwing his current teammates under the bus.

Edited by DM72

I'm going to piggyback a comment I heard someone else said. LeBron is the most gutless superstar of all time. He has the body of a lion with the heart of a lamb."

Seriously, why is this grown ass man trying to make everyone his brother? He sounds like a teenager.

And on top of that, it seems like he loves throwing his current teammates under the bus.

tbf, he didnt call Irving or Love his brother lol

and those 4 all grew up together. Bron and Melo known each other since htey were 16/17 years old. Why does grown men having friends bother you?

Hubbub

Asgoing to piggyback a comment I heard someone else said. LeBron is the most gutless superstar of all time. He has the body of a lion with the heart of a lamb."

It would end like every other tenure of his. He'll butt heads with the coach, because he's Albert Einstein and knows everything.

Tried it with a credible organization and it wouldnt fly, so he goes back to the one place that will eat his **** all up.

That reporter question from a few days ago sums it all up. That was pathetic. That city and fanbase is pathetic.

No one could coach that team. No one

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Wade's contract expires and he's a FA after this season, same with LeBron.  Melo is locked into the Knicks through 2019 and CP3 can be a FA in 2017 if he wants to be.

I guess it's possible LeBron and Wade could try and go to NY next year, with CP3 following in 2017.  Salary cap wise, the Knicks are sitting at 71 million of the projected 89 million cap for 2016/17 season.  That leaves them 18 million.  That could get Wade and LeBron in 2016.  Then it's projected to be 108 million in 2017/18 and as of right now, they are sitting at 50 million towards that year.  

I guess if done the right way, assuming the Zen master were to buy into all of this, it actually is quite possible all of them play for the Knicks in 2017.  If they are going to assemble Super Team 2, now is the time given the huge increase in salary caps.

I think his goal is to grow his brand and become a billionaire. Players want to win, and Lebron does, I'm not saying he's a loser but that he has professional goals that are greater. Ultimately selling sneakers can be far more lucrative, for a much longer time, than actually playing in the NBA.

I'm reminded of something Mike Tyson said when talking about Rousey's loss to Holly Holmes. I'm paraphrasing "David was a great King that built a civilization, but he'll always be known for his fight with Goliath. He can never escape Goliaths shadow." Lebron is happy to be Goliath. I'm not talking about any moral implications. He wants to be the super team, the juggernaut, and he's ok if that comes with being cast as the villain. In the end he's the story, in victory and defeat the story is Lebron.

Until this year. The story this season has been Steph Curry and the Warriors, who appear ready to kick down the 72nd door. It's been a long time since someone over shadowed Lebron so easily. Maybe Lebron feels the spotlight dimming and maybe that's what has him day dreaming about the flashiest super team yet.

No, he does not like the spotlight being taken away from him.

Thats probably what led him back to Cleveland. His obsession with Durant, plus Durants 2014 MVP and heartfelt speech made him realize just how much of a "Villain" he'd become.

And like always, he just wants to be loved and appreciated.

That team would be washed up as hell by the time they could play together.

Washed up in 2 years?  Maybe Wade, with the injuries and already being 34.  Looking at next year, Melo and Bron (only being 32) still have a few years left in them to play at a high level I would assume.  I know they have a lot of wear and tear on their bodies though.

Washed up in 2 years?  Maybe Wade, with the injuries and already being 34.  Looking at next year, Melo and Bron (only being 32) still have a few years left in them to play at a high level I would assume.  I know they have a lot of wear and tear on their bodies though.

Each one of those guys would have 30,000-35,000 minutes and LeBron would have well over 40,000.  They'd be on their last legs.  Probably a year or two at most from retirement.  If Wade and Melo don't retire before then that is.

Actually Wade would be close to 40,000 and LeBron would be approaching 50,000.  Forgot to factor in playoff minutes.

How could he be any different?  The media has been all over him since halfway through high school.   He's never known anything different than 24/7 celebrity.   How could he even comprehend a normal life?  Every time he farts, it's on Sportscenter in 5 seconds.  

I've never rooted for LeBron.  I am happy when his teams lose.   But I also recognize that he is the best basketball player of our generation, top 5 of all time, and I know that if a media microscope was put on me for every single waking moment of my entire life, I would come out looking pretty damn bad.

Honestly, LeBron has done well not to turn out as messed up as Michael Jackson or Macaulay Culkin. 

Edited by Predicto
  • Like 3

Each one of those guys would have 30,000-35,000 minutes and LeBron would have well over 40,000.  They'd be on their last legs.  Probably a year or two at most from retirement.  If Wade and Melo don't retire before then that is.

Actually Wade would be close to 40,000 and LeBron would be approaching 50,000.  Forgot to factor in playoff minutes.

Washed up in a year or two or most.........I dunno, Bron is still averaging around 25 ppg, Melo around 22 ppg.   I don't think they will decline that much in 2016/17 or 2017/18.  

Paul is averaging 19 ppg, which is about as consistent as it gets (in regards to his career averages), plus he is the youngest of the four.  Wade would be the only one I'd worry about breaking down first, he's the oldest (34 yo - this year).  

Personally, I don't see Wade going to another team.  I think he retires as a Heat.  Bron I could see jumping ship again, if he is truly sincere about playing with Melo before he retires.  Contractually, Melo is locked into the Knicks until 2019, so I'd imagine they would all have to play in NY for this to even happen.

But I don't think that LeBron, Paul, or Mello are washed up next year or the year after.  Which would be when it would have to happen, if it happened.