Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Well I'd rather he do that than go to the Wizards and break his hand in 9 places signing the contract. You know, the curse and all that...

LOL, I'd love for him to come here.   I don't think that he is going to sign in DC either.  With that salary cap increase next season, teams like GS can afford to pay him.  I don't know the Cavs cap space, but imagine if they got him to sign there............damn :(

I can't think of a worse rejection than seeing your hometown guy spurn you for a bunch of creepy Torontonians. Then seeing him post happy pics on Twitter of him swinging Drake around on his shoulders

I might cry myself, actually...

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 2

****in Toronto.

He probably takes Toronto to the Finals too. Although if I were him I would much rather play with Wall and Beal than DeRozan and Lowry.

I think he's definitely going to sign a 1+1 deal no matter where he goes. If he leaves OKC, I think it's either to go to Golden State or DC. Stay where is, go to the place with the best chance to win, or go home. That's what it'll come down to. I'd put OKC at like 55%, DC at 25%, Golden State at 20%. Next summer it could be a completely different situation.

I just want to know why y'all Wiz fans think you have a shot at landing him?  Cause he's from DC?  As much as y'all complain about the GM/coaching/etc., why would he want to go there?  

Not trolling, not hating.  I just don't see him at this point in his career "going home" without already having won a championship, when there are other teams that can afford him that will give him a better chance to accomplish that goal.

Honestly, theres no better option than the Wizards if he wants to come to the East, speaking from a contending standpoint

Don't know the dude though. He may not be comfortable going to a place where there will be so much pressure, not to mention dudes like Wall and Beal who have already put in work, and Durant comes and they're put on the backburner

Despite how mature guys seem, when it comes to pro sports, theyre all alphas. Not everyone can handle no longer being the main attraction, on and off the court

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I could see Beal getting salty about being marginalized by a big star like Durant coming in. Beal has a chip on his shoulder. But he also doesn't have the status in the league to say **** about it. And in the end, Beal is a team player. He's been fine coming off the bench to preserve his body. Imagine if he got to do that permanently because Durant made his presence in the starting line up superfluous? Be a hell of a 1-2 punch. It'd be the luxury that the Spurs had with Manu during the prime years of their Big 3, or OKC had with Harden when he was still there. That's a potent formula.

But also Beal is primarily an off ball player, so he would fit in fine between Wall and Durant. He's much more similar to a Klay Thompson rather than a Harden or DeRozan. KD has never gotten to play with a shooter like Beal before, which is a shame considering how much defensive attention he commands.

Wall would be thrilled and relieved by KD coming to DC. He has to carry such an enormous load and I think it really wears on him and he's been showing his first signs of frustration and dissatisfaction this season. Another star to share the burden with him is the only real solution to make sure he stays happy and present in DC for contract #3. Wall wants to seriously contend and be considered one of the best and most respected players in the league. KD would make that happen.

Also Wall is different from most of the other star perimeter players in the NBA in that he is pretty much the only one that is a true pass first player. He needs to play with good scorers and finishers to get the most out of his game, and he also has the ability to help them get the most out of theirs. Wall + Durant wouldn't be two star high usage scorers taking turns dominating the ball. It would be an elite facilitator getting Durant a ton of quality looks.

I really don't think Durant is going anywhere next year.  He's going to sign a two year deal with a one year opt out, stay in OKC, and give it one more try with Westbrook, who has one more year on his contract.   It makes the most financial sense and it makes the most sense from the perspective of his legacy.

If OKC doesn't get damn close to a ring next year, both he and Westbrook could bolt at the same time, and neither would be viewed as the bad guy.    

I really don't think Durant is going anywhere next year.  He's going to sign a two year deal with a one year opt out, stay in OKC, and give it one more try with Westbrook, who has one more year on his contract.   It makes the most financial sense and it makes the most sense from the perspective of his legacy.

If OKC doesn't get damn close to a ring next year, both he and Westbrook could bolt at the same time, and neither would be viewed as the bad guy.

I think this is what probably happens too. I wouldn't completely rule out him signing that kind of contract with the Wizards or Warriors though. He's played a TON of minutes already, the clock is ticking and he might not feel like punting another season of his career away stuck behind Golden State and San Antonio just to not become a villain in a tiny backwater plains market to which he had zero ties before they stole the team that drafted him away from Seattle.

I just want to know why y'all Wiz fans think you have a shot at landing him? Cause he's from DC? As much as y'all complain about the GM/coaching/etc., why would he want to go there?

Not trolling, not hating. I just don't see him at this point in his career "going home" without already having won a championship, when there are other teams that can afford him that will give him a better chance to accomplish that goal.

Tbe Wizards have talent. Like Steve and some others have mentioned, we're just missing that top 10 player.