Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

You can call Danny Green, KCP, Rondo and Carusso bums and sometimes their offensive game can stink so bad it burns your eyes, but their perimeter D against guards that lit everyone else up was absolutely integral for this title.  

Edited by Berggy9598

Taking all the all-time greats in all sports (think top-5 ever in a sport), is Lebron the biggest in game complainer/whiner of all time? Dude is one of the best players ever in the NBA (gets plenty of damn respect) and he complains constantly on the court. He's admired for so much of what he does on and off the court, I really hope this "I want my damn respect" doesn't become a constant off-court theme with him. 

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

LeBron said he wanted his damn respect.  Ooooooo, shaking in my boots now.  

The fact that he demands it tells you he knows he won’t get it.  When did a super star ever demand it?  I don’t remember Brady hopping up after a super bowl saying I’m the best you better recognize.  The fact is players like him and Durant will never get that respect they want because of the super star collaborations.  Especially when they get out performed by players on their own team. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

The fact that he demands it tells you he knows he won’t get it.  When did a super star ever demand it?  I don’t remember Brady hopping up after a super bowl saying I’m the best you better recognize.  The fact is players like him and Durant will never get that respect they want because of the super star collaborations.  Especially when they get out performed by players on their own team. 

What respect is Lebron not getting? 

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

He apparently thinks he's not getting it.

I mean, he's in the conversation with Jordan.  I don't know what else you'd really want.  

It's kinda when i would get in conversations with Kobe fans.  I would always argue Kobe's position all time top 5-10, and folks would think I was disrespecting Kobe.  As if 5-10 in the history of pro basketball was insulting him.  lol

But Lebron's at that level where it's GOAT or Not GOAT.  Anything less than GOAT is disrespect to him.  To a degree, if you know your value, don't settle for less.  In his mind, being "in the conversation" isn't good enough.  He's basically telling you he thinks he's the GOAT without saying it.  He wants the label, not the conversation.

4 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I think he's referring to the slight shown from the media. In particular the voters for MVP. 

Good point, I forgot he was bent outta shape at the MVP voting.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, justice98 said:

It's kinda when i would get in conversations with Kobe fans.  I would always argue Kobe's position all time top 5-10, and folks would think I was disrespecting Kobe.  As if 5-10 in the history of pro basketball was insulting him.  lol

But Lebron's at that level where it's GOAT or Not GOAT.  Anything less than GOAT is disrespect to him.  To a degree, if you know your value, don't settle for less.  In his mind, being "in the conversation" isn't good enough.  He's basically telling you he thinks he's the GOAT without saying it.  He wants the label, not the conversation.

Good point, I forgot he was bent outta shape at the MVP voting.

He can want the label all he wants but he's just not going to get it from some, that's a reality.  

He was also bent out of shape at the MVP thing but I'll say this about that...you could have given MJ the MVP practically every year.  Every season, aside from probably his rookie season, you could make a case for Jordan winning the MVP.  And I think you can say the same thing about LeBron, too...he's won 4 MVPs, he probably could have 8.

He's pulling some MJ mind tricks on himself, looking at perceived slights to help fuel his fire is what I'm guessing.  

• Haha 1

I think it’s obvious. People in this thread calling him a flopper and a whiner and insulting him for only having 3 rings. 

dude gets **** on and belittled daily for some ridiculous fan-perceived grievance. His greatness is always part of a “yeah but” statement. 

yeah but 2011

yeah but he played with his friends 

yeah but he lost in the finals instead of losing in the playoffs 

....and so on. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I think it’s obvious. People in this thread calling him a flopper and a whiner and insulting him for only having 3 rings. 

dude gets **** on and belittled daily for some ridiculous fan-perceived grievance. His greatness is always part of a “yeah but” statement. 

yeah but 2011

yeah but he played with his friends 

yeah but he lost in the finals instead of losing in the playoffs 

....and so on. 

I mean all of these are true.... The guy whining honestly it rubs off on his teammates.  How many times did you see Wade flop or whine before James came to Miami? His complaining and such is contagious.  He thinks anytime he misses he was fouled.  He walks off the court before a game ends.  He throws players,coaches, etc under the bus to protect himself from criticism.  Hell even traded his own teammates.    I mean I guess he’d be a fantastic GM but as far as a teammate who wants to play with a person who thinks they are bigger than the owner?  The fact is also no matter how good is and how good he thinks he is no one is gonna bow down to him because the fact is he always had to seek out help.  He could get it done himself.   It’s almost humorous when they say Lebron is the only player to win championships in three teams.  Yeah because most players don’t jump ship and round up stars on three teams.  What’s next? Grab harden and G from Milwaukee and head to Dallas?  He will never be the goat because goats didn’t demand respect. Goats don’t conspire with stars for a cheap ring.  This is why Durant will never be in that discussion.  Even more so than Lebron of course. Will he be remembered as a great? Of course but he will absolutely be remembered as the guy who went out of his way to create super teams with stars which changed the whole landscape of NBA and hurt the competitiveness and inevitably hurt ratings as ratings have been declining for years now. 

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Haha 1