Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WMAL.com : Loaded Gun March Planned For D.C.

Ellis

THis is a seriously STUPID idea.

A) Anyone who thinks that the Obama administration or the US in general is a tyrannical government is an idiot.

B) All it would take is one nutcase to start shooting and we could have one of america's worst bloodbaths. And if you don't think inviting a bunch of hopped up libertarians eager to refresh the tree of liberty to bring loaded weapons into DC is going to bring a bunch of morons and people with their own agenda, you are the biggest idiot of all.

That anyone thinks this is a good idea is mind boggling to me.

All it would take is one nutcase to start shooting and we could have one of america's worst bloodbaths.

That's what scares me most. This has the potential to be worse than the Chicago and D.C. riots combined. At least the rioters (for the most part) in those weren't armed). This, though, could set off something horrific.

THis is a seriously STUPID idea.

Yeah.

Totally cool plan: Hold a demonstration in DC in support of your right to bear arms.

Really bad plan: Hold a demonstration in DC with an illegal premise so ONLY the crazies will show up. Sane people, who might have otherwise joined, will know how this movie ends and stay as far away as possible.

If it's a felony to carry a loaded firearm in the District, and these guys get arrested and convicted, they will be felons who can longer legally possess firearms. As a result they'll have to give up their weapons or face Federal charges of Felon in Possession.

...silver lining and all.

If it's a felony to carry a loaded firearm in the District, and these guys get arrested and convicted, they will be felons who can longer legally possess firearms. As a result they'll have to give up their weapons or face Federal charges of Felon in Possession.

...silver lining and all.

Fewer nutcases with weapons, or on the streets and in the voting booths...maybe not such a bad result...as long no one gets ****ing shot. lol

or conspiracy theory come true..

I wonder,, set up a march with angry people who already feel as if they're being enslaved by the government.. set up a march that could result in all of them being charged with felony and disarmed.. think of the propaganda they can get out of that, and how far it can go?

How hard would it be to dupe people who have proven to be extremely gullible into starting an insurrection?

~Bang

or conspiracy theory come true..

I wonder,, set up a march with angry people who already feel as if they're being enslaved by the government.. set up a march that could result in all of them being charged with felony and disarmed.. think of the propaganda they can get out of that, and how far it can go?

Maybe they're hoping Obama lights them up with a drone.

BTW, my opinions:

1) I think the folks doing this are loons.

2) And they should be allowed to demonstrate their lunacy. Just like Code Pink, the Nazis, PETA, and the Westborough Baptist Church.

3) And I think that predicting mass slaughter if they do this, is not quite as loony as predicting Obama confiscating all the guns in the US, but almost.

BTW, my opinions:

2) And they should be allowed to demonstrate their lunacy. Just like Code Pink, the Nazis, PETA, and the Westborough Baptist Church.

3) And I think that predicting mass slaughter if they do this, is not quite as loony as predicting Obama confiscating all the guns in the US, but almost.

I agree....as long as you are not suggesting they be allowed entry.

turd wants to be prosecuted, and I'm sure they will oblige him.

Just remember when the pro-gun crowd advocates they aren't criminals, Once they wander into DC with a firearm, they are then a criminal.

And how many illegals are in the country that aren't considered "illegals" but undocumented. Mincing words is always fun.

BTW, my opinions:

Agreed. Rather surprised it took until page 3 before a single poster didn't dismiss the whole notion out of hand. The fact that off reading one paragraph everyone is ready for, advocating and expecting the National Guard to shut them down and arrest them all is far more disconcerting to me than the idea of the demonstration.

BTW, my opinions:

So...we should break the law and allow them to endanger tons of people just to let them demonstrate their lunacy?

Assuming of course they don't get arrested or a good talking to long before then and the disaster in waiting is canceled.

Totally cool plan: Hold a demonstration in DC in support of your right to bear arms.

Really bad plan: Hold a demonstration in DC with an illegal premise so ONLY the crazies will show up. Sane people, who might have otherwise joined, will know how this movie ends and stay as far away as possible.

And how many illegals are in the country that aren't considered "illegals" but undocumented. Mincing words is always fun.

So are irrelevant arguments.

And frankly, walking into DC with a Gun is a crime. Whether YOU like it not.

They can march all they want, but the thing is...

“Passing into the District of Columbia with loaded firearms is a violation of the law and we’ll have to treat it as such,” Metropolitan Police Department Chief Cathy Lanier

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/armed-protesters-face-arrest-91022.html#ixzz2SeTPEY4Y

What sucks now is that the idea is out there and now you know some people are going to be around the mall with loaded guns no matter what.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/armed-protesters-face-arrest-91022.html#ixzz2SeTPEY4Y

“We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny,” Kokesh wrote on the Facebook page for the event. “We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent.”

Sounds kind of like he's expecting a fight....

http://media.avclub.com/images/393/393891/16x9/627.jpg?5800

For the record, I don't usually bring it up, but I think when the new NRA President still references it as the "War of Northern Aggression" it's warranted.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/2013/05/03/civil-war-war-of-northern-aggression-nra-president/

Is this an NRA event?

EDIT: Don't get me wrong... this is beyond stupid. But you are seemingly jumping to a lot of conclusions on this. Pretty reactionary for a normally open-minded poster.

Archived