Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

Just now, SkinFanInMinn said:

I'm going to have to work on my mind-reading skills to be able to better divining "intial intent' vs "most recent intent".

Well, the GSW haven't used any Native American imagery since the late 60s, so that should suffice for "most recent intent."  Sin seems to think that their original intent is what matters most, I happen to disagree.  

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

We don't know if GSW stopped using Native American imagery because they were asked to or if they felt that it was the wrong thing to do and did it themselves without any prompting. 

Should that matter, considering 1) The logo being there in the first place, and 2) the name referring to them still remained? Seems ham handed (at best). As for the rest of your post, we're going to have to agree to disagree

Not sure this is a real possibility but it was discussed just now on Czabe show.  Just be known as Washington Football Club and become the new Browns. Same jerseys stripped of name and logo.  

Makes a lot of sense.  All of us fans who hate name change can still see what looks like our football team (for the most part) play on Sundays.   We can still call them REDSKINS (oh the humanity) while everyone who is triggered can no longer come at us. 

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

I feel like you'd be opening yourself up for a bunch of Hogwarts jokes.  

Now, I'm confused. Are you making an argument for or against Warthogs? 

Let's confuse them and go for the Washington Quiditch

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Should that matter, considering 1) The logo being there in the first place, and 2) the name referring to them still remained? Seems ham handed (at best). As for the rest of your post, we're going to have to agree to disagree

Agree to disagree, sure.

5 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Now, I'm confused. Are you making an argument for or against Warthogs? 

Let's confuse them and go for the Washington Quiditch

I think the Warthog is a cool airplane but there's no way I'd be calling them the Warts.  As much as I like the Warthog, I don't think I could get behind that name if they used that.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Right on cue (or as @StillUnknown would say, certain trains are never late).

Of course, certain people don't understand that when encapsulating centuries of slaughter, rape, displacement, and  appropriation, or straight jacking everything that belonged to them, oh no, someones sister smiling spread wide open, more than likely pales in comparison of the hurt one might feel, seeing that depiction, targeting people who look like them... People they care about.

I hope that was rational enough for you.

Except "Redskins" name and logo neither contributed to nor celebrated "centuries of slaughter, rape, displacement, and  appropriation" or certainly neither you nor I would be a fan....right?

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Agree to disagree, sure.

I think the Warthog is a cool airplane but there's no way I'd be calling them the Warts.  As much as I like the Warthog, I don't think I could get behind that name if they used that.

oh but everyone else would be calling us the warts.

1 minute ago, pigskinned said:

Except "Redskins" name and logo neither contributed to nor celebrated "centuries of slaughter, rape, displacement, and  appropriation" or certainly neither you nor I would be a fan....right?

Did you even read what I posted (and what I responding to) before you decided to say something? Because I have no earthly (or marsly) clue what you're talking sbout

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Did you even read what I posted (and what I responding to) before you decided to say something? Because I have no earthly (or marsly) clue what you're talking sbout

This your way of crying uncle, got it.  Moving along now.

6 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Hey, I already went there. The first time I heard the name Warthogs suggested, I joked that the site would have to be renamed "Extreme Warts."

I guess the thread has come full circle.  Didn't see that come up before.  Great minds think alike I guess.  :)

55 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

“No apology,” Blackistone wrote. “And given the suggested new names and PostSports report that Native people have not been consulted, this is a racist approach to solving a racist problem.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/kevin-blackistone-rips-statement-washington-football-team-racist-approach-solving-racist

Of the names most suggested--Warriors, Red Tails, Red Wolves--since NONE of those words are Native American words and since there very well may not be any NA imagery used in connection to the new name, why the **** should the team have to consult anyone in the NA community about what they do?

Changing the name does not equate to admitting “guilt,” but it does admit to losing the argument.  If some are waiting for a crawling on the hands and knees approach and begging for forgiveness for 87 years of wrongs they may be waiting a long ass time.  Many still don’t believe there was anything wrong with the name or the logo.  Changing the name doesn’t change that fact.

14 minutes ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

I guess the thread has come full circle.  Didn't see that come up before.  Great minds think alike I guess.  :)

I would like to nominate @SkinFanInMinn to back through all 645 pages and compile all of the name ideas into a single list so we can avoid retreads. 

2 hours ago, duffy said:

No way, homey. Werewolves is TIGHT. 😄

Lol what's your top choice 

I dunno, I go back and forth between the Warriors and Red Wolves.  I just have a feeling that it's going to not be either of those and something really dumb.  They have stated that there will be no NA link to the name and logo, if they go with the Warriors, they can pull that off like Golden State does, or something similar.  If they go with the Red Wolves, that could make it more fun.

Anything other than those two names, well, we'll see what they come up with.  If it's something like the Generals, Senators, etc., I just don't think I can get behind that not being from the DMV and not having any connections to the area anymore.

Archived