Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

33 minutes ago, -JB- said:
  • 1/2 cup chocolate syrup, such as Fox's U-Bet Chocolate Syrup
  • 8 scoops French vanilla ice cream
  • 2 cups cold club soda
  • Whipped cream, for garnish
  • Maraschino cherries, for garnish

• boom.

This looks like someone came home drunk and wanted a chocolate shake real bad but realized half way through that they were out of milk.

1 minute ago, PaulLasagna said:

anybody see Adam shifter tweet just now that’s burgundy and gold now on the chopping block? Apparently burgundy represents the blood stained dirt of Native Americans and gold is a metaphor for all the natural resources Plundered from Native Americans? He said new color would be “neutral”?

I don't think you should trust this Adam Shifter person.

5 minutes ago, PaulLasagna said:

anybody see Adam shifter tweet just now that’s burgundy and gold now on the chopping block? Apparently burgundy represents the blood stained dirt of Native Americans and gold is a metaphor for all the natural resources Plundered from Native Americans? He said new color would be “neutral”?

Can't tell whether you're being serious and got faked out or just yanking some chains.  There's no such tweet on his timeline.

It's trivial to copy and paste a tweet even from a phone, so I'd like to humbly request that if people are going to reference tweets (particularly from reliable sources like Schefter) that they actually reference the tweet.

2 hours ago, duffy said:

Is this safe from the mob??

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote pics, gifs, vids, or any large sections of text.
It unnecessarily extends and clutters threads and is annoying. Edit them out. If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post,you can simply highlight text, click the popup that floats over it, and it just quotes that text.  When on mobile, if you quote a post with an image in it, simply tap the image in the quote box to highlight it & hit backspace on your keyboard to delete it.

John McCain would be offended 

9 minutes ago, Destino said:

This looks like someone came home drunk and wanted a chocolate shake real bad but realized half way through that they were out of milk.

Imagine the next day spilling some juice onto your couch and so you run to get the club soda & salt but then realize that in a drunken stupor, the night before, you used all the club soda for a ****ing chocolate soda 😂

28 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I’m not going to get into one of your endless semantics debates but they didn’t actually say that in the letter, they referred to dead NAs as Redskins and that they were paid for their scalps. Both are true. 

also, I’m more inclined to believe they know what they are talking about regarding the scalp issue anyway. At best it’s questionable which doesn’t really make it better 

1. From the letter: "History tells us that the word "Redskins" derived from bounty hunters..." (buzz) wrong.

History absolutely does NOT tell us that in the slightest. History--written history--actually tells us that the term originated a century before, had nothing whatsoever to do withing bounties or bounty hunters.

2. " I’m more inclined to believe they know what they are talking about regarding the scalp issue anyway"-- which is why falsehoods get to keep getting repeated without any challenge.

The NA activists who spent decades trying to get the name deemed as racist and get the US patent office to remove trademark protections, they brought their own linguistics expert to testify in from of the government. They wanted the government to take his word as gospel, that he is an expert whose knowledge of the term "redskin" should not be questioned.

And even HE said the "redskin = scalp/redskin rooted in the bounties" story was complete bull****.

He wrote two different articles 5 years apart addressing how wrong that belief was, comparing it to people believing the chain email that Bill Gates will send $1,000 to anyone who forwarded the email to 10 people lol...their own linguistics expert is laughing off the ridiculousness of the story. It's probably why the NA activists didn't bring up the bounties story when they were arguing their case in front of the government...their linguistics expert would have never testified to that being true. So instead they argue it in the public courtroom, where it gets repeated over and over again and never questioned because people are "inclined to believe" NAs for no other reason than they're NAs. "Redskin" has no more connection to the bounties than the word "Indian" does. Saying otherwise is little more than repeating a talking point that's not based in fact. And that's what they did in the letter.

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Ok, stop talking in the mirror and listen to me instead lol...

Somehow you took my comment of how being honest is never a bad thing, and decided that Coke and McDonalds NOT being honest about making you fat disproves my point. How you reached that conclusion baffles me lol...

LOL. What a load.

I said quite specifically that Snyder could/should have put out a statement that actually helped his business, and that he stupidly hurt his team, you actually tried to make that into being somehow admirable, because businesses are smart to "always tell the truth", which should be self-evidently nonsense. So I made what I thought was a painfully obvious example about how smart businesses don't make a point of advertising their worst qualities. Now, obviously I made the mistake of thinking you could grasp such an obvious point, so I apologize.

But, whether you understood that or not, you decided to then, in defense of your reasoning that it's "always" smart for businesses to tell the truth, vis a vis Snyder, decided to make your point through a nonsensical line of thought with a 'wouldn't it be great if companies that endangered your health told the truth about it' line of argument. Now, whether you can grasp how your own attempt at logic works or not, you can't suggest companies like that not being truthful presents an argument for the necessity of Snyder telling the truth without equating the two situations.

Now, you want no part of defending Snyder's petulant and pouty statement by comparing it to enlightening the world about the dangers of sugar, trans fats, tar and nicotine? Who could blame you? But the fault lies in the person making the silly argument, not in the person recognizing the ludicrousness of it. 

That's all I'l say about this. You want to admire a business owner for not offering his supporters anything to be optimistic or positive about, have at it. Whatever ludicrous arguments you think support such silliness. 

37 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

In a way it is a kind of flip-flop;

at first it was indians { oops, I meant native americans } { or is it just natives since America wasn't technically here yet } that hunted animals such as warthogs, now we're possibly going from the culprit to the victim; but in these times, being the victim seems to get more attention...

I've always wondered what it would be like to be inside the head of someone who posted something like this, I imagine the view is pretty...stimulating

098B298F1B45665F25AD3927DA75F80E266EAB0A

Purposely misnaming things and leaving the edits in as if they're cleverly getting away with something, then some anti-"woke" sentiment like the last 5 pages have been filled with in here. From a bunch of people who, without a twinge of irony, whine about the whiners and submit that no, THEY are the snowflakes, promise!

"but in these times, being the victim seems to get more attention..."

You really typed those words and thought you had something. Care to say what you mean and explore the lack of empathy it shows? 

So this umisnt really name related but has stemmed from the name change. Ehat does the media really want? 

I mean the statement was released saying we are retiring the name and logo abd because it was on a state with the name and logo on it it is a problem. It took too long, the new name wasn't announced, it was only done because of financial implications, etc.

Is our franchise just this tainted that when we do the right thing, we do it the wrong way.

What can Dan Snyder do short of selling the team to make people happy.

Which reminds me that I saw a twitter post that stated that Snyder is willing to walk away from the franchise, anyone heard anything about this or any statements?

Hail to the

30 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

and "this name was hand-picked by george marshall a known racist and last owner to integrate"

Preston Marshall was a problem I'm happy the team has removed references to him.  But I don't think he hand picked anything.

Braves field had two teams play there, both called the Boston Braves.  One was for baseball, and the other football.

The football Braves later moved to a bigger venue at the Fenway stadium.  Fenway ownership group didn't want the football team to be advertising a rival stadium, so the name had to be changed.

The Red Sox already played at Fenway, and the group wanted to keep the theme.  Redskins was chosen to mesh with the Braves imagery.

I mean, Preston Marshall was not a nice person and not a good owner, so I'm not trying to defend him.  Just want to know if what I was told about the history of the teams name was true.

4 minutes ago, PaulLasagna said:

you guys are right. It was not real Adam shifter. I just realized you have to look at the name after the @. 

it said Adam Shifter @ BigbootyWhole. 

With an @ like that, the name should be Adam's Sh*tter

7 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Why does our name have to be “fierce?” There are plenty of names in the NFL that are boring (Packers, Niners, Colts, Jets, etc.). This “our mascot needs to kill people” seems to be a relatively new thing. 

I was considering making a Squirrels logo. I used to see those a lot when I lived up that way.

30 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Why does our name have to be “fierce?” There are plenty of names in the NFL that are boring (Packers, Niners, Colts, Jets, etc.). This “our mascot needs to kill people” seems to be a relatively new thing. 

yeah, it can be completely non threatening, like Tar Heel  

29 minutes ago, PaulLasagna said:

you guys are right. It was not real Adam shifter. I just realized you have to look at the name after the @. 

it said Adam Shifter @ BigbootyWhole. 

No worries, many of us have been led astray at one time by a big booty 

24 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

I’m on board with Washington (Social Justice) Warriors

this wasn’t funny the first 75 times it was said in this thread...

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

yeah, it can be completely non threatening, like Tar Heel  

No worries, many of us have been led astray at one time by big booties 

this wasn’t funny the first 75 times it was said in this thread...

You sound triggered. Sorry, next time I’ll go back and run through all 650+ pages before I post. 

Archived