Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

1 minute ago, Rattlesnake88 said:

The Washington Good Guys.

It would make every other team presumably “the bad guys” and always keep us in good faith. 

You're assuming that all of the players identify as male.  Maybe Washington Good Persons would suffice?

I'm not sure if any of you ever watched the show, Community, but all this talk of non-offensive mascots reminds me of when Greendale College was choosing their own. 

2 minutes ago, UKskins said:

and you're assuming they identify as human... what about those that are species-fluid?

What was I thinking?! 

download.gif

Not a big fan of red tails but I do like the grey unis posted a few pages back. Minus the knee stripe. Would love a grey unit like this 

148E546E-E909-4C6A-8EF9-DDD70600DC74.thumb.jpeg.88f2a9f96362ba8b2d63b141817c7e49.jpeg

also the logo should be what we are looking for no matter what the name is. Simple and clean, no creature or cartoons but a nice indication at what the name is, like we’ve seen with the wolf silhouettes in other logos

also, for Warriors, this is fantastic. The white helmet is great and another simple clean logo. Also love the shoulder stripes being being part of the DC flag. For keeping B&G you can’t do much better imo 

CA1AB399-D140-4415-B6FF-AF3E7904CFEF.jpeg.8c8b5766cf02196b133cc7be4b03eb07.jpeg

I've never seen so many people actually give a damn about the Redskins in my life. I have friends who are outraged that aren't even football fans. Im convinced that half of them have mental disorders now. It sucks that this name change has turned into political bull****. 

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

also, for Warriors, this is fantastic. The white helmet is great and another simple clean logo. Also love the shoulder stripes being being part of the DC flag. For keeping B&G you can’t do much better imo 

I love the uni and the helmet is OK. Still prefer the spear (I know, I know, never gonna happen) but that's one of the better warrior logos. 

That uni is pure fire. If we keep the B+G then that should 100% be the uni, regardless of name.

9 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Please don't tell me you actually believe that story to be true...

I’m not going to get into one of your endless semantics debates but they didn’t actually say that in the letter, they referred to dead NAs as Redskins and that they were paid for their scalps. Both are true. 

also, I’m more inclined to believe they know what they are talking about regarding the scalp issue anyway. At best it’s questionable which doesn’t really make it better 

11 minutes ago, michiskin said:

I would be down with Red Wolves, but I'd really be down with the Washington Warthogs. 

Helmets could feature tusks and some crazy-looking bloodshot eyes. Team motto could be "Winning Ugly".

I'm guessing the public would frown if one of the logos had the spear sticking through the warthog's skull.

At least they'd keep a part of the old team's tradition. 

In a way it is a kind of flip-flop;

at first it was indians { oops, I meant native americans } { or is it just natives since America wasn't technically here yet } that hunted animals such as warthogs, now we're possibly going from the culprit to the victim; but in these times, being the victim seems to get more attention...

9 minutes ago, UKskins said:

and you're assuming they identify as human... what about those that are species-fluid?

The Washington Species. 

all kidding aside I like the following in no particular order:

High Tiders

Executioners
Snipers 

Assassins

Outlaws

WMDs

Chesapeakes

8 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

I'm guessing the public would frown if one of the logos had the spear sticking through the warthog's skull.

At least they'd keep a part of the old team's tradition. 

In a way it is a kind of flip-flop;

at first it was indians { oops, I meant native americans } { or is it just natives since America wasn't technically here yet } that hunted animals such as warthogs, now we're possibly going from the culprit to the victim; but in these times, being the victim seems to get more attention...

Make it the A-10 Warthog.

anybody see Adam shifter tweet just now that’s burgundy and gold now on the chopping block? Apparently burgundy represents the blood stained dirt of Native Americans and gold is a metaphor for all the natural resources Plundered from Native Americans? He said new color would be “neutral”?

two of kyle brandt's lines this morning (i mentioned how strong their opinions were in an earlier post)---"i don't know how anyone's been defending keeping the name" and "this name was hand-picked by george marshall a known racist and last owner to integrate" and i think the rest of that take was that it was all marketing motivated and had zero to do with marshall caring about n/a culture...his deal seem to be the well (of the imagery/name) was poisoned from the get-go...among non-redskins that outlook might reflect a generational component in how some people think/feel about it all

Archived