Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

12 minutes ago, LittleTinyUnbornBaby said:

I mean the statement was released saying we are retiring the name and logo abd because it was on a state with the name and logo on it it is a problem. It took too long, the new name wasn't announced, it was only done because of financial implications, etc.

Is our franchise just this tainted that when we do the right thing, we do it the wrong way.

What can Dan Snyder do short of selling the team to make people happy.

as Rufus and others have previously mentioned, he could have used this opportunity to actually show he cares, to do something compassionate toward those marginalized that are hurt by the name, to get out in front of it as a voice of reason. empathy, understanding of something bigger than himself, or at the very least, he could have said something  to make this actually a decent PR move and put the team in a positive light. 

What the team put out was pretty empty and shallow, a not so subtle wink to everyone that Dan doesn’t give a ****, doesn’t think he should change, and is only doing so because he’s forced to. 

The announcement, like most things with Dan and this team, was botched and handled poorly and makes the team more of a joke. He had an opportunity after 20+ years of ownership with his head in the sand to really spearhead something positive and he wasted it by being a bitter ignorant child like usual

28 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Why does our name have to be “fierce?” There are plenty of names in the NFL that are boring (Packers, Niners, Colts, Jets, etc.). This “our mascot needs to kill people” seems to be a relatively new thing. 

Because we must FIGHT.... Or DIE WELL

- Washington Stormcloaks

8 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

LOL. What a load.

I said quite specifically that Snyder could/should have put out a statement that actually helped his business, and that he stupidly hurt his team, you actually tried to make that into being somehow admirable, because businesses are smart to "always tell the truth"...

Let's stop right there and revisit--remember that part above in bold:

Me: "Except what Snyder said is the truth lol. are we bashing him for being truthful instead of placating?"

You: "So, you think it would be a bad thing for the owner of a team to try to appear forward-thinking and try to create some good PR for his franchise?"

Me: "Nope, I said I don't think it's a bad thing if they didn't try to appear forward-thinking and was just honest instead. Honesty is never bad in my eyes."

(Quick break: notice how I never said honesty was "smart", which doesn't indicate a moral judgement, only whether or not the actions taken would accomplish the desired goal. I said "never bad", which IS a moral judgement and has nothing whatsoever to do with a goal or outcome.)

You: "Which is why McDonald's and Coca-Cola have gotten rich with their brilliant "Our products will make you fat" ad campaigns. (eyeroll emoticon here)"

(Quick break, pt 2: notice how you are talking about outcomes when I never was.)

Me: "Uh, how does that negate anything I said? If both had ad campaigns that were honest and said "Our products will make you fat", how is that a bad thing? (ie: morality vs outcome) Would it mean two corporations wouldn't have made billions of their standard menu or products? Yes. (outcome) Is that automatically a bad thing? Hell, no. (morality. they are two different things, which you seem to believe are interchangeable) I wish the cigarette companies said "Yeah, this could lead to lung cancer but you'll look really cool while it does" lol...that's a good thing in my eyes. (notice I said "good", not "smart"...again, "good" indicates morality, "smart" indicates being able to reach a desired goal)

You: "So your argument is now that Dan Snyder, by not embracing the change of a name that society has deemed inappropriate, is saving lives? Jesus."

(This is where you went off the rails lol...no need to go further. I'll just leave this Dilbert comic strip instead)

DilbertInternetDebating.gif

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Not a big fan of red tails but I do like the grey unis posted a few pages back. Minus the knee stripe. Would love a grey unit like this 

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote pics, gifs, vids, or any large sections of text.
It unnecessarily extends and clutters threads and is annoying. Edit them out. If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post,you can simply highlight text, click the popup that floats over it, and it just quotes that text.  When on mobile, if you quote a post with an image in it, simply tap the image in the quote box to highlight it & hit backspace on your keyboard to delete it.

also the logo should be what we are looking for no matter what the name is. Simple and clean, no creature or cartoons but a nice indication at what the name is, like we’ve seen with the wolf silhouettes in other logos

also, for Warriors, this is fantastic. The white helmet is great and another simple clean logo. Also love the shoulder stripes being being part of the DC flag. For keeping B&G you can’t do much better imo 

The grey uniforms are hideous, the burgery uniforms looks alright but not a fan of both logos and white helmet

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

What the team put out was pretty empty and shallow, a not so subtle wink to everyone that Dan doesn’t give a ****, doesn’t think he should change, and is only doing so because he’s forced to. 

I would argue that no matter what was put out today, people were always going to accuse Dan of not giving a sh*t and only doing this for financial reasons. We've long known he's been completely against changing the name. Hell, he's lost money over it before when the trademark was removed for being derogatory. 

I guess you have to decide if you which you would prefer: an empty, yet honest, response from Dan and the organization OR a false showing of compassion and regret. I just feel like the end result is going to be the same either way.

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It makes no sense and I also don’t want anything to do with hogs 

Do you know what a hogshead is?

29 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Why does our name have to be “fierce?” There are plenty of names in the NFL that are boring (Packers, Niners, Colts, Jets, etc.). This “our mascot needs to kill people” seems to be a relatively new thing. 

Yeah, Pittsburgh has the Steelers, Green Bay has the Packers. I think we should go with the Washington Commuters. 

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Being non-threatening gets you these.........

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote pics, gifs, vids, or any large sections of text.
It unnecessarily extends and clutters threads and is annoying. Edit them out. If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post,you can simply highlight text, click the popup that floats over it, and it just quotes that text.  When on mobile, if you quote a post with an image in it, simply tap the image in the quote box to highlight it & hit backspace on your keyboard to delete it.

It’s also racist. 

4 minutes ago, duffy said:

I guess you have to decide if you which you would prefer: an empty, yet honest, response from Dan and the organization OR a false showing of compassion and regret. I just feel like the end result is going to be the same either way.

Option 3)  the team owner actually is a decent person exhibiting compassion and regret during this time rather than being an ignorant bitter asshole but that’s obviously setting the bar too high for him 

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

yes 

So you know it has nothing to do with a hog then lol! 

I know it's a terrible idea for a mascot. It's a tobacco barrel. But I mean the Colts have a horseshoe, Packers have Cheese, etc. 

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Option 3)  the team owner actually is a decent person exhibiting compassion and regret during this time rather than being an ignorant bitter asshole but that’s obviously setting the bar too high for him 

Yeah, that would be great. But that ain't Dan.

1 minute ago, PaulLasagna said:

that name basically means “they fought extra hard to keep their slaves”

Wrong! I guarantee you that none of those soldiers owned slaves. Slaves were for the rich and Elite. Owned both in the North and South. The north still had slaves 3 years into the Civil War don't believe the hype. Those were brave soldiers fighting Invaders from another state

2 minutes ago, redskinsrmylyfe said:

Wrong! I guarantee you that none of those soldiers owned slaves. Slaves were for the rich and Elite. Owned both in the North and South. The north still had slaves 3 years into the Civil War don't believe the hype. Those were brave soldiers fighting Invaders from another state

It's too late. UNC is canceled. 

Archived