Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

12 minutes ago, duffy said:

So you know it has nothing to do with a hog then lol! 

I know it's a terrible idea for a mascot. It's a tobacco barrel. But I mean the Colts have a horseshoe, Packers have Cheese, etc. 

Slaves farmed tobacco. That would NOT go over well 

The problem I'm having with coming up with name ideas is that Washington DC is basically only known for the US government.

I wish they wouldn't veer from all NA imagery. People were complaining about the Redskins name. So change that part and keep the rest. Hell, the Braves aren't changing their name.

If people don't want a military or government-themed named name, what other options are there that relate to the DC area?

Otherwise, it's Werewolves, Rhinos, and Squirrels.

Or Zombies. I could live with Washington Zombies. 

4 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

Slaves farmed tobacco. That would NOT go over well 

Damn. You're right. Every idea is a bad idea.

7 minutes ago, redskinsrmylyfe said:

I'm a tarheel born I'm a tarheel bred and when I die I'll be a Tar Heel dead!  

I do feel sorry for you. You are going to lose both Sk*ns and T*r H**ls names within 2 years of each other. Bd of Governors is already discussing the change. 

2 minutes ago, PaulLasagna said:

I do feel sorry for you. You are going to lose both Sk*ns and T*r H**la names within 2 years of each other. Bd of Governors is already discussing the change. 

Yeah it's a shame it's hard for people to pick up a history book and learn anything. Much easier to listen to fabricated truth on the internet and if we are going to get rid of anything that had to do with slavery then the American flag and federal government should be the number one target

Just now, duffy said:

If people don't want a military or government-themed named name, what other options are there that relate to the DC area?

Washington Traffic Jam

Washington Gnats

Washington Halfsmokes

D.C. Potholes

Seriously? It's a miserable, boring government town full of apple-polishing careerists and courtiers. Not much appealing to choose from if a local theme is desired. Even the geography is boring.

Mythology might be a good solution, though the Titans already went there.

40 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

I'm ok with keeping the red theme if that's what Dan wants. 

Real Red, though.

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote pics, gifs, vids, or any large sections of text.
It unnecessarily extends and clutters threads and is annoying. Edit them out. If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post,you can simply highlight text, click the popup that floats over it, and it just quotes that text.  When on mobile, if you quote a post with an image in it, simply tap the image in the quote box to highlight it & hit backspace on your keyboard to delete it.

download (4).png

6 hours ago, lavar1156 said:

Washington Warthogs

1. Pays homage to the Hogs

2. Warthog is a military aircraft

3. Rolls off the tongue

I like that, for all the reasons you mentioned.

Personally, I'd prefer the name and logo not be changed.  There is legitimate disagreement about the name, but the logo is a depiction that is nothing but respectful.

But since the decision has been made to change... I've always thought the name "Scandals" would be good.  The Washington Scandals.  But I like Warthogs better as a serious suggestion.

2 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

So if we get Red Wolves, would we call them The R-Wolves for short.  I love the short name for the Timberwolves as TWolves. 

It's the same number of syllables so I wouldn't really say it's shorter. Probably just Wolves.

9 minutes ago, redskinsrmylyfe said:

Yeah it's a shame it's hard for people to pick up a history book and learn anything. Much easier to listen to fabricated truth on the internet and if we are going to get rid of anything that had to do with slavery then the American flag and federal government should be the number one target

You can bet the US flag is gone within the decade. 

9 minutes ago, redskinsrmylyfe said:

well we do try to improve America every day so it can someday truly reach the lofty ideals it has tried to represent. So yeah the federal government is a top target. Thanks for noticing 😊

40 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

I'm ok with keeping the red theme if that's what Dan wants. 

Real Red, though.

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote pics, gifs, vids, or any large sections of text.
It unnecessarily extends and clutters threads and is annoying. Edit them out. If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post,you can simply highlight text, click the popup that floats over it, and it just quotes that text.  When on mobile, if you quote a post with an image in it, simply tap the image in the quote box to highlight it & hit backspace on your keyboard to delete it.

What do you think @Llevron?

Not sure if this makes me offended for commies, as I don’t want to appropriate or disparage their culture, or if this is paying tribute to them. 

Archived