Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Too bad the extra **** for brains won't have an easier avenue toward recovery.

Gonna be a lot of lonely short-bus rides...

I'm not defending the name. Looks like the winds shifted and it's time for a change. I'm ok with it. It's time for a new chapter.

It'll just be nice not to have to hear UnWise Mike, Sally Jenkins, and certain posters on this forum, **** and moan about it any longer. All the moral superiority is a bit exhausting.

5 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

Redtails huh?

So lets have a rich white guy name his team after a group of historically oppressed minorities and profit from it under the guise of "honoring them"? 

Yup, can't see that being problematic at all going forward.

Don't use people as mascots. 

86e.png

2 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

Redtails huh?

So lets have a rich white guy name his team after a group of historically oppressed minorities and profit from it under the guise of "honoring them"? 

Well said 👏, pick a animal and it avoids the cancel culture mob.. which is setti g their sights on the cheifs, warriors, braves and indians. 

6 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I'm not defending the name. Looks like the winds shifted and it's time for a change. I'm ok with it. It's time for a new chapter.

It'll just be nice not to have to hear UnWise Mike, Sally Jenkins, and certain posters on this forum, **** and moan about it any longer. All the moral superiority is a bit exhausting.

Well it's not enough for some.  For years we've heard "Change the name!!!" and now that the name is going to be changed it's "Well, what took so long!" and "He's only doing it because his sponsors twisted his arm!" (which I agree with).

9 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Dont worry, they'll find ways to **** and moan about the new name I'm sure..

7 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

Redtails huh?

I agree

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well it's not enough for some.  For years we've heard "Change the name!!!" and now that the name is going to be changed it's "Well, what took so long!" and "He's only doing it because his sponsors twisted his arm!" (which I agree with).

Those sponsors only pressed because they were scared they could lose revenue.. lets not think amazon, walmart, fedex and child labor nike are heroes.  

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think Max Kellerman said something to this effect this morning, after Snyder put out the press release that the team was officially changing the name. He was livid that the press release didn't go far enough. Announcing the team was changing their name wasn't good enough? That was the whole point. Now he had a huge issue with the wording, which seems more than a little pedantic.

In the end, changing the name is what had to be done. I'm on board. It's just annoying that no action seems to be enough for a select few.

5 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Please lets stop trying to honor anyone by naming a football team after them.  What does that do?  people act like that changes history.  

Yup. No Code Talkers. No Red Tails. No fill in the blank on a group.

Bland and boring. I am still holding out hope for "pro football" or "football club" so I can avoid ever accidentally saying the new name 

1 minute ago, GreenFields said:

Those sponsors only pressed because they were scared they could lose revenue.. lets not think amazon, walmart, fedex and child labor nike are heroes. 

That's normally what happens. No enterprise is going to force a change on themselves unless there's enough outside (financial) implications. It was kind of ironic hearing Nike, of all companies, chiming in. Are they still using sweatshops, or nah?

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Professional complainers have to have something to complain about. They'll invent something else.

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

That's normally what happens. No enterprise is going to force a change on themselves unless there's enough outside (financial) implications. It was kind of ironic hearing Nike, of all companies, chiming in. Are they still using sweatshops, or nah?

Exactly! The only reason people will keep complaining is because the media doesnt want to admit that they hate Snyder.. Own up to it because the name has changed .... They will pick something new to complain soon.

In case anyone is wondering, the guy that is attempting to hold up the formal selection most of the more popular names being floated around is Philip Martin McCaulay.  Here is his website that he started in order to demonstrate that he's using these various monikers "in commerce" for registration purposes.

http://www.washingtonamericansfootball.com/warriors-website.html

He must think he's a rather crafty fellow, but it is actually illegal to misrepresent that you (1) are currently using a mark in commerce, or (2) intend to use a mark in commerce.  Good luck proving misrepresentation on an "intent to use" though. He's clearly trying to do the bare minimum (or less) to buy time so Snyder will be forced to buy him out.

8 minutes ago, GreenFields said:

Well said 👏, pick a animal and it avoids the cancel culture mob.. which is setti g their sights on the cheifs, warriors, braves and indians. 

But do we have the animals permission to use their name and likeness? What about the animals feelings? Or how the animal is being depicted? How will we ever know if the animal is truly being “honored” and not misrepresented.

3 minutes ago, GreenFields said:

Well I think Fed Ex in particular is odd.  They deliver packages.  And now all of a sudden they saw a way to prop themselves up by putting the team down when no one really cares about Fed Ex and any social leanings they might have.  Just deliver on time.

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

I think Max Kellerman said something to this effect this morning, after Snyder put out the press release that the team was officially changing the name. He was livid that the press release didn't go far enough. Announcing the team was changing their name wasn't good enough? That was the whole point. Now he had a huge issue with the wording, which seems more than a little pedantic.

In the end, changing the name is what had to be done. I'm on board. It's just annoying that no action seems to be enough for a select few.

Exactly.  He was pissed, IIRC, that they didn't apologize for using the name and saying they were wrong all along.  I'm convinced that for some people it's not 100% about the name change, it's about being RIGHT.  And it's about being able to say they were right.  And it's about being able to keep pounding their chest.

1 minute ago, GreenFields said:

Exactly! The only reason people will keep complaining is because the media doesnt want to admit that they hate Snyder.. Own up to it because the name has changed .... They will pick something new to complain soon.

I won't knock the media for hating Snyder. I hate Snyder, as do 95% of Washington TBD fans.

Archived