Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

This comment screams, the Warriors

https://wjla.com/news/local/washington-redskins-thorough-review-of-the-teams-name-dan-snyder

“This issue is of personal importance to me and I look forward to working closely with Dan Snyder to make sure we continue the mission of honoring and supporting Native Americans and our Military," head coach Ron Rivera said.

1 minute ago, DJD2 said:

I wouldn’t want to see the plane in the logo or anything but I could see it as part of the branding. I think it almost has to be or you lose some of the relevancy. Replace the star with the script R in the logo above. Gotta be careful though you don’t want it to be a flying R or you’ll end up looking like a gas station. 

That's what I was thinking. Something along those lines, maybe just change the wings to burgundy instead of red. That's something you'd have to make sure surviving Arimen and their families find respectful. 

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

It'll be interesting to see how the Braves and Chiefs handle their names and use of the Chop. The Chop especially has always been viewed worse (about 75% per the Berkley study, far more than the number of people who disliked Redskins).

Change the name, its still going to be the same shifty organization. 

Braves are just fine, imo.  

This is a great, understanding post from r/redskins

As someone who is both a Redskins fan and a Native American, I wanted to take a moment to reach out to the r/redskins community and try to shed a little bit of light on this situation. 

I do not personally take offense to the name “Redskins”. While I’ve always understood the potential negative connotation to the name, I’ve never personally associated it with anything negative.

There are people living on this earth that do take  major offense to the name. To these people, the name is rooted in such Devine hate that it triggers the upmost sadness. For that, there is no excuse. For that, there is no argument. 

Whether you’re someone whose great-grandfather was a life-long Redskins fan or you’ve just become a brand new member of the Burgundy and Gold, there’s an immediate necessity to come to terms with the current realities that refuse to be acknowledged. 

We are facing a penultimate time in America that will go on to define the history of humans for centuries. What side of that history do you want to be on? 

The Redskins football team, as irrevocably important as they are to us, is a flittering part of humanity in the grand scale of our existence. Why is there his intrinsic need to hang on to something that never actually belonged to us? 

I’m a lifelong Bullets fan, and I’ve never loved them any less as the Wizards. Have I rolled my eyes or talked **** about the name change over the last 2 decades? ABSOLUTELY. But when Gilbert Arenas was hitting a clutch 3 point shot against the Chicago Bulls in the playoffs, was I thinking about the fact that the Wizards was an inferior name to the Bullets?? Absolutely NOT!! I was rooting for the team just as emphatically as I was when they were the Bullets.

The idea that a team changing its name will make you love them any less is preposterous. The idea that loving a team any less for changing their name in order to help acknowledge the perceived hate that it implies and the very real pain in inflicts on human beings is simply absurd. 

Change is okay. Change is inevitable. Change is growth, by another name

5 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Braves are just fine, imo.  

Well, they can have a say when then win a playoff series ;)

I dont see anything different in Chiefs and Braves than I do Vikings, Celtics, Patriots, Yankees, Saints, Fighting Irish, etc. The Chop, though, is problematic.

25 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Oh hell no. Snyder better find the balls to drag himself out there.

Rivera's already been made to look stupid by being forced to deflect this days ago.

Be a man and take this L, publically and with dignity. Stop tossing people out there and do it yourself.

Without Tony Wyllie or Bruce Allen, this sadly falls to Rivera, who doesn't deserve it.  But he took the job knowing who Snyder is.  

Even if he takes no questions and reads from a teleprompter and says Merry Christmas, Snyder needs to make a live, public statement.  

4 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Fan votes conducted at Johnny Rockets. 

Went once in Miami. Worst burger and fries ever.  Sad that people actually eat there.

only reason I could choke it down was because I’d been slamming drinks from Wet Willys on the beach all day lol

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This comment screams, the Warriors

My issue with Warriors is that there's a good chance we'll be sticking to the Native American theme. I think if we're going to make a change, a full change away from the theme is necessary. 

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

It'll be interesting to see how the Braves and Chiefs handle their names and use of the Chop. The Chop especially has always been viewed worse (about 75% per the Berkley study, far more than the number of people who disliked Redskins).

Change the name, its still going to be the same shifty organization. 

The chop is already on the way out for the Braves after the NLDS with the Cardinals- https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2019/10/09/atlanta-braves-tomahawk-chop-chris-helsley-nlds/3923352002/

Just now, ThomasTomasz said:

The chop is already on the way out for the Braves after the NLDS with the Cardinals- https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2019/10/09/atlanta-braves-tomahawk-chop-chris-helsley-nlds/3923352002/

Not having fans im the stadium this year gives them an easy transition. The Braves will just have to replace the one button on their sound board 

I kinda want the name to full on mock the situation although I know that will never happen. Washington Humans. Big Red H for the logo, all that something to give a middle finger to all this. Although I know that won't happen and probably shouldn't.

5 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Daniel should bring Bruce Allen in as a special consultant in the renaming process if he's not tied up with anything. 

You joke about that, but Bruce Allen may not be on his 9th life yet.  

Hell, if you are familiar with TNA Wrestling, they lost their contract with Spike TV because they were told by Spike that they didn't want Vince Russo with the organization anymore.  A few months after they allegedly let him go, Spike found out Russo was just working from home.  

I always thought that Bruce Allen would be the one to pull that off, considering how many power struggles he survived.  

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Not having fans im the stadium this year gives them an easy transition. The Braves will just have to replace the one button on their sound board 

True, but there is at least one MLB team talking about having limited fans.  So the fans could still do it.  We shall see.  

Archived