Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES All Things Redskins Name Change Thread (Reboot Edition---Read New OP)

Alaskins

To most fans. Is the name not important to you? If not, then why do you continue posting in this thread?

If I had a choice of a name Redskins, or a competent team being fielded I would take a competent team being fielded.

Once again, there are more important things to this franchise than fielding competence.  Instead of sitting with an indian chief he should have been sitting with football people helping to figure out what is wrong with his product.

If I had a choice of a name Redskins, or a competent team being fielded I would take a competent team being fielded.

Once again, there are more important things to this franchise than fielding competence.  Instead of sitting with an indian chief he should have been sitting with football people helping to figure out what is wrong with his product.

But you don't - regardless of the team name, the same team will still be out there.  Changing the name isn't going to magically make us win.

But you don't - regardless of the team name, the same team will still be out there.  Changing the name isn't going to magically make us win.

Didn't say it would.  There is obviously more focus and importance to the owner with regards to the name than the product on the field.  I see a lot of press releases with regards to the team name, and social media blitzes, and sitting with indians in owners boxes.  I don't see a lot of press releases with regards to fixing the garbage play.

Didn't say it would.  There is obviously more focus and importance to the owner with regards to the name than the product on the field.  I see a lot of press releases with regards to the team name, and social media blitzes, and sitting with indians in owners boxes.  I don't see a lot of press releases with regards to fixing the garbage play.

Perhaps if you ventured into Stadium? :)

(Posted by: Some guy who no doubt spends vastly more time in Tailgate, than Stadium)

Do you really want Snyder involved in the football aspects?  Let him handle the business and non-football matters.  You don't see other owners releasing statements on poor play.  That's left for the GM/Coach/VP/etc.

So now you want Dan Snyder involved? My how times have changed.

Plus sitting with one person doesn't mean others haven't been sat with as well but it's clear you're working with an agenda where rationality doesn't apply. The name and the record issues aren't a one or the other proposition and in fact are unrelated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice catch TK. UnWise Mike is a racist now too! 

One of us, one of us, one of us.

1932491_10154721611520790_63350312928776

Their going with this

http://deadspin.com/disgraced-soon-to-be-former-navajo-nation-president-at-1645509844

while Halbritter continues to stay squeaky clean

Another embarrassing scene for this organization.

HE is ousted and his council disagrees with him on this issue. FFS, this is disgusting.

And ignorant. Sounds like he's never been outside of NOVA.

of course. Years of Academic studies, facts, and figures taht back up white privilege are clearly racist and ignorant.

Almost as if neither of you know the definition of racist (which neither of you clearly do) or ignorance.

And for the record, I do not live in that cesspool known as NoVa, so I have been outside of it.

I also remember a NoVA that did not look the way it does now.

Even though the Navajo Nation joined the fight to make the team change their name six months ago, television cameras caught Gun Slinger Snyder hosting Ben Shelly, the president of the Navajo Nation, in his box at the game. But before anyone thinks this is some sort of breakthrough, the Redskins invited various Native American groups to a pregame tailgate and Shelly has faced criticism from many in his own tribe for his seeming indifference to the team name controversy and even stirred up a feud when a Native American gaming group withdrew from a golf tournament meant to raise scholarships because the Redskins were a primary sponsor.

Read more: http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2014/10/the-redskins-are-trying-really-hard-to-convince-you-the-team-name-isnt-racist.html#ixzz3G2m8n6sv

Just when you think the Redskins scored a big hit in this battle, it all turns to tears. What a circus. I'm reminded of the demotivational poster thread we had years back, one that read something like "sometimes the clowns never leave"

Your definition of "it all turns to tears" is "the president of the Navajo Nation has had some name changers disagree with him"?

Your definition of "it all turns to tears" is "the president of the Navajo Nation has had some name changers disagree with him"?

No. When you see that image and learn the President of the Navajo Nation is sitting with Dan Snyder you can't help but think that it's a break through. Sadly the guy finished 7th because if a corruption scandal and his council voted not to support the name. It's deflating because it goes from being a big deal, to being just one corrupt guy in a redskins hat.

Just when you think the Redskins scored a big hit in this battle, it all turns to tears. What a circus. I'm reminded of the demotivational poster thread we had years back, one that read something like "sometimes the clowns never leave"

I had this exact feeling watching the 4th quarter.

~Bang

No. When you see that image and learn the President of the Navajo Nation is sitting with Dan Snyder you can't help but think that it's a break through. Sadly the guy finished 7th because if a corruption scandal and his council voted not to support the name. It's deflating because it goes from being a big deal, to being just one corrupt guy in a redskins hat.

So what you're saying is, he deserves exactly as much attention as Ray Hallbritter? 

I agree to an extent, and I really wish Snyder would quit handing out matching swag to every NA he gets to make an appearance and insisting on painting playgrounds burgundy and gold.  But with the uneven way the press has portrayed this I do believe he has to be proactive in showing that the majority opinion of NAs is not against the team if he wants to keep the name.

I also believe that the change the name side should be embarrassed at a turn out of about 60 people in Amanda Blackhorse's backyard after a year of heavy media coverage in their favor.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/glendale/2014/10/12/glendale-redskins-protest/17155341/

In fairness to those fans who are clearly as tone deaf as Snyder, the image I imagine they were going for was red war paint. Not equal to someone painting their face black to portray a black person. 

I think he looks like he's going for a sunburn record. 

Obviously a tribute to the Arizona weather. 

Archived